Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 367. (Read 527816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
I bought two s7's using money on a credit card (converted to BTC) but it has low APR and I get points for using it.. coupled with free electricity I should be alright.  The only reason I can see taking out an actual "loan" for gear would be starting a large farm and needing capital.. but youd have to start off pretty big

I could borrow 7500 for 6 months 0 interest. I could order 4 s-7's

Interest is only part of it...we dont know what the difficulty is going to do or if the rigs will ROI. Me and you Phil being retired have less at risk but someone hoping to make enough to pay off that CC have a lot at risk.  But a interest free loan is always good when you got the money to pay off the loan when your ready.  
legendary
Activity: 1596
I just had a thought about bitmain requiring the 3 PCI-e connectors be plugged in. It's not a matter of power per connector, it's most likely to insure voltage being delivered to the boards is as close to 12V as possible. Using only 2 connectors could result in 11.9V or lower voltage, depending on the capacity of the wires used.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I bought two s7's using money on a credit card (converted to BTC) but it has low APR and I get points for using it.. coupled with free electricity I should be alright.  The only reason I can see taking out an actual "loan" for gear would be starting a large farm and needing capital.. but youd have to start off pretty big

I could borrow 7500 for 6 months 0 interest. I could order 4 s-7's
Activity: 676
Merit: 501
If bitmain does release an upgrade pack for these of an add on miner or 2 be it as the controller will run 3 at a time...

The only saving anyone will make is on the controller & that begs the question.. How much is a controller worth??

Maybe $50 a unit so the saving will be $100 at most... I think u'll be better of getting the extra controller as phil had said

I can see a thread being dedicated to busted controllers for these coming out... & who wants 15th offline while u rma a controller...

The extra $50 for the controller is a no brainer as it adds no extra weight to the package for delivery..
legendary

I disagree if taking a loan out for large farm is right it should be the same for a small miner as well....
Activity: 700
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
Odd someone (regular member) sent me a PM telling me not to put ideas like upgrade kit.   I've never been told not to talk about an idea. Basically since it looks designed for upgrade or a + version.

Never had another member try to censor me before.  And it was designed by bitmain I had nothing to do with the modular setup or how it's made.

Cheesy Maybe it's because Bitmain's record of upgrade kit let-downs has made them miserable, and they don't want to bear the disappointment one more time?  Shocked

In all seriousness, I would have told them to take a long hard suck on my arse.  Mods don't even police obvious scams to try to help protect inexperienced members, why the hell would anyone care to censor ideas like that?  Roll Eyes

Edit: unless it was dogie, who just wanted to take the credit for it himself. LOL!

If / When, (I feel more like when) BITMAIN does an S7+ they aren't jumping to a new chip, so it certainly cannot be that much bigger than S4 to S4+ ish. I don't mean to say they cannot make something better which is a huge seller.
I can see the S7 modules all coupled together down racks running 3 or 5? from single controller boards.
Putting more hash in the box isn't really an expectation at this point.
They can certainly take care of anything, add functionality, and tweak things to gain a good bit, but not replace your farm bit on an S7+ for farms putting everything in S7s, which I think must be a large amount.

Regarding this regular member saying things in a PM to edit your post.
What is he actually trying to do? Troll? Or does he really care about what you said? 
If it was a comment regarding a company, for example, BITMAIN's S7 and / or business practices, customer service, or pretty much anything to do with BITMAIN while creating and servicing the S7... this is the appropriate place for it.

I enjoy seeing the mining hardware revolution. I do not enjoy the little guys being squeezed out and do thank BITMAIN for bringing anything to market. The S5+ is a good product, but it does have fan failures. Tupsu had more than a fan failure, and I hope it didn't leave the factory loose and it was all shipping. There is a reviewer on the S7 who mentioned his fan didn't work. I'm patiently waiting on BITMAIN to answer me about a warranty fan. It is still a good unit. The S5+ has a good Aluminum structure and that is what they billed the S7 as. Tupsu received a Galvanized frame / chassis. Galvanized Steel will rust but it takes much longer than plan (A36) Steel. Unless you scratch and get water on Galvanized it wouldn't rust bad enough until well after you would be done with the miner, but still it isn't Aluminum. Aluminum will not rust. It is also a much better thermal conductor than Galvanized. Go with the Aluminum option if presented.  In a huge farm though, it could save a nice chunk of cash. That is probably why that S5+ was Galvanized.

Say what you feel like saying. Screw that guy.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1456
Confucius says: Man that needs loan to buy bitcoin miners, has hole in pocket

Very wise

I would agree.  I only invest my own money in mining.   I can't imagine taking a loan for a miner. 

So much is unknown just like difficulty.  I can't guarantee I will ROI so how can I risk others money on that same investment.  I do it out of a hobby I love, and a hope of ROI.
Activity: 868

Very wise
legendary
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Agree with the logic on the Loan, and agreed on all the variables in the financial equation. But.... relative to all those big issues is the person making the loan going to be influenced by a comment on a Forum? Also in this case far from certain that the existence of an S7+ substantially devalues on S7?

Trouble also here is that we are making an awful lot of assumptions about what the original concern actually was.  Smiley

Rich
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
A random thought on how upgrades might influence a loan.

If you are trying to get a loan for an S7, the financials look pretty sketchy to begin with, for most folks. Electricity prices, initial cost, difficulty jumps, BTC price changes all push out the "Time to Break Even" to several months in the future. In some cases more than a year. If you then throw in the possibility of an upgraded S7+ that diminishes the current value of your shiny new S7, it makes the whole thing look even shakier.

Think about buying a house. You finances aren't really strong, the price is high and so forth. Do you want to also tell your mortgage company that you expect the value of the house to decline by 10% in the next 6 months (or less)? It's silly to think you can hide this, but some folks might think they can get a loan by trying to hide pertinent info.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
Batch one scheduled shipping date is in late September of 21~30.

If WHEN shipping out 10 days later than the scheduled one, it won't be considered as delay.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
So at current count on bitmain's wallet

https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions?timespan=180days&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=1KwA4fS4uVuCNjCtMivE7m5ATbv93UZg8V

Just under 500 units of S7's sold so far as a pre release.....

It will be interesting to see if S7 + or - are ever released..

Answer on S7+ is almost certain.  They used same controller as S5+ so the controller is already ready to do it.  

They could even sell a "upgrade" where you get 2 more modules and hook them up to original S7.   There is lot's of options on how they do it, but I think we will see them linked in someway or another under a product.

Odd someone (regular member) sent me a PM telling me not to put ideas like upgrade kit.   I've never been told not to talk about an idea. Basically since it looks designed for upgrade or a + version.

Never had another member try to censor me before.  And it was designed by bitmain I had nothing to do with the modular setup or how it's made.

Very odd indeed! A significant part of what we all do is speculate on products and come up with ideas on what we think we will see and what we would like to see. Did the member give a reason for not coming up with ideas for Manufacturers?

Rich

Edit. Just seen the post above about the Loan. But fail to see the connection between Upgrade Kits & Loan??
legendary
Activity: 1456

Cheesy Maybe it's because Bitmain's record of upgrade kit let-downs has made them miserable, and they don't want to bear the disappointment one more time?  Shocked

In all seriousness, I would have told them to take a long hard suck on my arse.  Mods don't even police obvious scams to try to help protect inexperienced members, why the hell would anyone care to censor ideas like that?  Roll Eyes

Edit: unless it was dogie, who just wanted to take the credit for it himself. LOL!

I was going to pm him to ask what member, I did not bother.

It was a member who thought it would hurt his chances at getting a loan.  Don't know why he thought it would or why he felt need to try to censor me. 
legendary

I was going to pm him to ask what member, I did not bother.
Activity: 700
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

Quick question:
Am I crazy for asking Bitmain to cover a fan failure on an S5+? -- which is still pristine and was running perfectly even when the fan failed and I caught it.
I've been trying to reach someone there since Friday. The same day I ordered an S7. Ironic huh?
Called Colorado like always, this time they tell me to go to zendesk, email there, they send me to email info@bitmaintech for all RMAs.
Is this normal for everyone who isn't spending a good bit more than maybe I am, or just random, or normal response?
I received the obligatory auto-generated emails from zendesk, and they will sell me a fan. I told them I want to make arrangements on the warranty replacement and then I'd get with them, depending on shipping they have a reasonable price for these S5+ fans I hope. The fans remind me of S4, tough frame.

That was two questions.
It'll be OK.

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

legendary
Did anyone's ship yet?  Grin

well dogie said he has one  and Manebjorn has one he did a review of it.

But I am still waiting.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Did anyone's ship yet?  Grin
Jump to: