Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 413. (Read 527634 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
APW3-12-1600-B2 they say is the PSU reccomended but my house is 110 and wont power below 205. could i just go with 3 small psu to power it since it says not to use more that one psu for each board?

a) 3psu as in 3*at least 450w on 12v or

b) 2psu as in 1*at least 900w on 12v and another of 450w on 12v

first option is 1psu/board, second is big psu/2boards and small psu/1board
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

and to be on topic, bitmain doesn't need to hype this sale. They will have plenty of people clicking buy. I think the price is a bit high.
I want to also say, a couple of people have suggested I fret a bit much over certain aspects of delivered miners. I don't really care what those people think except to say, I do not think they care enough about their money.
Pay attention to the product announcements you receive, every word. Inspect your heat sinks to make sure they are all attached - the S5+ document straight up stated this, make sure the boards haven't jostled enough to lose one, make sure there isn't loose heat sink material where the heat sink wasn't cleaned out properly, check your fans, and follow the bitmain warranty protocol.
Do not buy from re-sellers. You will get screwed on warranty claims.
Most of all check the product you receive -- thoroughly! and never be shy about asking bitmain questions via e-mail and document everything! Delete nothing. You never know when a little gem will brighten your day.

There will be problems, be meticulous in how you handle them.

I agree with this.  I got my first S5 from Bitmain through Amazon, on purpose.  It also ended up being their 'last one' in stock, 'new'.  Even though it was a substantial mark up considering the second hand units they sold recently.  I did not want to be screwed and still got my first unit through the Amazon store.  It came from their CO distribution center with one board not firing off the bat and the other showing 1 chip down, which I think was actually in truth two chips down on the other chain.  Bitmain was always polite and respectful in their replies to me and offered an exchange, along with all shipping charges paid.  That is NOT their general policy, but Amazon makes them do it.  I returned their politeness, and accepted the Exchange.  An exchange I may say that works perfectly and I think comes from a later S5 batch because it had individual heat sinks on the outside of the hashboards as well as fins on the inside, similar to the design above.  However, if it hadn't been for the fact I had the 2,000 lbs gorilla in the room of Amazon none of that could very well have happened.

Longer ROI on that unit, now maybe NEVER an ROI given this S7, but I did finally get a damn fine unit.
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
so what power supply and setup would be needed to run these things? I am retarded when it comes to this stuff. took me 2 days to get my s3 up and running lol
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
Admin: Please BAN the account.
Stop quoting the scam -_-
Stop quoting other quotes (or do your usual report to moderator), you fraudster.
Stop quoting the fraudster, you sociopath.

So many lulz with that picture and the context my side is hurting
must watch that flick today

and to be on topic, bitmain doesn't need to hype this sale. They will have plenty of people clicking buy. I think the price is a bit high.
I want to also say, a couple of people have suggested I fret a bit much over certain aspects of delivered miners. I don't really care what those people think except to say, I do not think they care enough about their money.
Pay attention to the product announcements you receive, every word. Inspect your heat sinks to make sure they are all attached - the S5+ document straight up stated this, make sure the boards haven't jostled enough to lose one, make sure there isn't loose heat sink material where the heat sink wasn't cleaned out properly, check your fans, and follow the bitmain warranty protocol.
Do not buy from re-sellers. You will get screwed on warranty claims.
Most of all check the product you receive -- thoroughly! and never be shy about asking bitmain questions via e-mail and document everything! Delete nothing. You never know when a little gem will brighten your day.

There will be problems, be meticulous in how you handle them.

Sales will be open on 9pm(utc+8), 30th Aug, 2015. Shipping may start between Sept. 21 ~ 30 (if shipped out 10 days later than it, it won't be considered as delay )
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001
@BITMAIN will the S7 be available on Hashnest when it is released for sale to the public?
Activity: 518
Stop quoting other quotes (or do your usual report to moderator), you fraudster.
Don't spam the thread, you nincompoop.
Find something to say about the S7, anything, even if you can not afford it. "It must be too loud" is a good excuse.
How loud are they ? I doubt they are silent like the S3 but more like an S5.

They got probably the same 70 dB fans on them the S5 does.  Front and back.  So expect two jet engines.

Sucks, won't be able to run those at home ... never

Yeap, already looking at Co-location datacenter services for em right now.  Just got to find a Server PSU that can run three of em at once.  I take thought some guy was claiming to be an official IBM reseller with a setup that had no bare wires which could handle the load.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

They got probably the same 70 dB fans on them the S5 does.  Front and back.  So expect two jet engines.

Sucks, won't be able to run those at home ... never
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001
They got probably the same 70 dB fans on them the S5 does.  Front and back.  So expect two jet engines.
They stated it will be loud.  Just need to read a few posts back.

I have to agree. Unfortunetly the size and price of it is bigger than I expected. I was expecting a 2.5 ths unit with around 3-3.5 btc price. Seems like I'll have to wait and save some more coins.

And it does look loud. Those fans look like S5 fans and I can't imagine 2 of them in a house. Smiley
Yes. It could be very loud.

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Activity: 518
It's the J/GH that's the important part.

Yes the cost is up right now.  But if you have good electrical rates, and the 205 outlet needed to run the thing, and are only paying 1/4th a watt per GH then it seems like a pretty good deal.

I have 9 cents electricity. I calculated ROI for almost 250 days, but then we'll see block halving. I think ROI is not possible with my electricity fee considering mining difficulty.

And that's the problem, the block halving.  This industry is becoming more and more 'centralized', and that's either going to be 'the way it is' or something is going to have to be done to blunt it.  Let the tech wars and upgrade burnout begin.  Also makes those PACMiC contracts look like the sucker's dream as well.  ROI on that is going to be HELL unless they upgrade their farms to S7's and then all those suckers just paid their capital investment cost at .666 bitcoin per 1 T/H.  Always said that was a loan,  Now it looks like a REALLY bad loan.
Activity: 546

Yes the cost is up right now.  But if you have good electrical rates, and the 205 outlet needed to run the thing, and are only paying 1/4th a watt per GH then it seems like a pretty good deal.

I have 9 cents electricity. I calculated ROI for almost 250 days, but then we'll see block halving. I think ROI is not possible with my electricity fee considering mining difficulty.
Harumph
Sold out fast?

Don't think it's sold out, don't think it's even up for sale yet.  This is the hype before they open the flood gates.
I thought it will be more than 7 terahashes. Why 4.86 th/s only? Now I'm undecided, should I buy?

The S5+ is actually looking like it was the sucker's bet at the moment given the added PSU cost needed to run it.  Now the question comes when is the S6 going to drop?

And what are Server PSUs running that could power three of these babies?  And yes, difficulty is going to go through the roof.  It's going to be a spending game and those who are 'well capitalized' are going to be pushing other people out of the market with how fast the tech is changing.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
Harumph
Sold out fast?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom
If I had the money what I would love to do is buy 2 S7. Take out the middle Hash boards and make a 3rd 2 Board S7. Needs confirmation that the unit will work with an S5 Controller board (The picture actually shows an S5+ controller & we know that an S5 Controller works with an S5+) We then have a 3.24TH/S, 860W S7- for 5.5BTC.  A very nice unit, ideally suited to a 1200W PSU and home use.  Smiley

Rich

Well power usage is not the only indicator of a miner being able to used at home, this monster most probably has more than 90 dB+ on fans for sure. And with 3 boards tight together most probably any fan mod won't cut it.

But I suggested  reducing it to 2 Hash boards & 860W  Huh

Hmm so with your new setup, we should be able to mod some fans, perhaps 2x ultra kaze and it should be able to work with less noise. Meh, I still won't take the bet, I am pretty sure someone will try it soon and if it works I'll do it.
Jump to: