Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone use btcrobot.com? - page 2. (Read 56141 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 100
February 20, 2014, 06:04:58 AM
I tried for days trying to figure out what kind of trading strategy they were utilizing in it's decision making. It seems completely random, RSI, MAC, MACD, Stochastic oscillator, etc. I couldn't figure out what they were using.

It's simply not true. Random? come on, man...

Regarding the lack of trades last weeks,

If you follow Bitcoin niche you might now about the dramatic news from Mtgox and other exchangers driving the price down. On such bearish trend it does not make sense buying bitcoins, the robot simply sits on USD and waits for favorable signals to buy bitcoins. It's goal is to protect the capital (USD value of portfolio) not to trade for the sake of trading.

P.s.
We also have a new Litecoin robot here http://ltcbot.com/earlybird.php

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 17, 2014, 10:48:13 AM
I'm thinking about using this only when the market is going down. It appears to lose BTC if market is going up in the short term. Also, maybe it's important to adjust the trading strategy based on the the market condition. Right now the market is very volatile, and I am wondering if the short-term strategy works the best in that case. If the market is flat and boring, there there is no point trading high frequency with a bot. I would be better off doing it manually, turtle-trader style.

Does anyone have experience in the variable efficacy of this product?

Granted it's your money (btc) I think most of us would advise you to stay away from this product. I tried for days trying to figure out what kind of trading strategy they were utilizing in it's decision making. It seems completely random, RSI, MAC, MACD, Stochastic oscillator, etc. I couldn't figure out what they were using. Like someone mentioned, it very well could be a man in the middle attack to steal bitcoins from traders. I honestly don't know, and without seeing the bots source code it's too difficult to tell.

They've admitted that they are using Ruby to code this bot, which is really a piss poor language to be using for algorithmic trading. Python, or hell even C++ and C# would be a better alternative than Ruby.

Best advice I can give, and this is from experience with a pretty good size loss is stay the hell away from this bot.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
February 16, 2014, 05:21:59 PM
No, BtcRobot is not a scam. The robot is a solid automated trading software for BTC-e.

It can work on both Windows PC or Trading VPS (web based).

It works as advertised and produces conservative steady profits.

Yes, the team uses pen names and put google images as our pics for obvious privacy reasons. Nobody puts their real pics in bitcoin.

coming from the guy with -4 trust
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
February 15, 2014, 03:19:52 AM
i lost alot of money with these scammers be carefull!
Activity: 36
February 15, 2014, 01:48:11 AM
I'm thinking about using this only when the market is going down. It appears to lose BTC if market is going up in the short term. Also, maybe it's important to adjust the trading strategy based on the the market condition. Right now the market is very volatile, and I am wondering if the short-term strategy works the best in that case. If the market is flat and boring, there there is no point trading high frequency with a bot. I would be better off doing it manually, turtle-trader style.

Does anyone have experience in the variable efficacy of this product?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
February 06, 2014, 09:03:50 PM
I have yet to see any non-sock-puppet (member with some more real posts) who would vouch for this "service". For me this is a scam and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY4XPdcoZRw smells scammy from a mile away.
February 05, 2014, 08:43:54 AM
Great news for BTC Robot traders! We just released a new free update 1.3. It addressed the frequency of trades and improved algorithm for 2014 BTC trading.

If you are GOLD / Platinum then it was updated for you, no action is needed!

If you are Silver member, go to your members area to reinstall it!

P.S. Get early bird access to LTC robot too http://ltcbot.com/earlybird.php
February 04, 2014, 09:25:57 AM
We received a lot of great feedback from you about the Litecoin robot and would like to address most of the questions:

Q: I dont want to download and install anything and keep my PC on. Will LTC Robot work for me?

LTCRobot comes fully web-based on secure cloud hosted vps! Nothing to download and configure! Hassle free setup!

Q: Should i trade on the same account or different?

It's 2 completely different algorithms and they must trade sepearately to avoid any conflicts! Simply open separate btc-e account and fund it with LTC or USD to start trading

Q: Do you plan to update BTC robot too?

We are also preparing the new trading algrorithm update for BTC robot, it's coming soon!

Q. Why LTC Robot is offered so cheap? What's the catch?

The robot will be sold at 399 during official launch. It is offered only for $99 for Silver/Gold or completely free (to platinum members) ONLY during this special early bird access. Hurry up to reserve your spot at a low price.

The first Litecoin Trading robot is finally here!

Litecoin is the Silver of Cryptocurrencies! Be first to jump on the Litecoin gold rush before the rest of the world.
Litecoin is more affordable, easier to buy, easier to mine and easier to trade!

A perfect choice to diversify your Bitcoin trading portfolio by adding another powerful instrument.
Introducing.. First LiteCoin Trading Robot!

http://ltcbot.com/earlybird.php
January 28, 2014, 01:23:45 PM
We just returned from Bitcoin Miami Conference where BTCrobot had a booth and panel presentation.

It was great to meet you guys and discuss the robot, the future of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.

Hope to see you soon in the next conferences.

We are preparing some great updates including a new LTC robot!

Activity: 3
January 26, 2014, 07:21:08 PM
Did u buy? & which version? I do not know if it makes a difference.... But the price does. *ouch*
January 26, 2014, 07:06:47 PM
I did! It's legit... But you must have money to make more money...

so far thru ups n downs... my 0.5 investment is about 1.2 now... 2.5 weeks... but pricey software..... hence i only brk even

You can't be real: you must be hired. New account and you made money... Yeah right ;p

Calling BULLSHIT!

War!

devnullius

Newbies can't buy BTCrobots?  Huh
If they are a scam, I really hope they can hire me....  Grin
Activity: 56
January 25, 2014, 11:52:03 AM

so far thru ups n downs... my 0.5 investment is about 1.2 now... 2.5 weeks... but pricey software..... hence i only brk even

You can't be real: you must be hired. New account and you made money... Yeah right ;p

Calling BULLSHIT!

War!

devnullius

Activity: 56
January 25, 2014, 11:45:34 AM
It's a scam. I tested it and it's very obvious when you look at buy sell orders against BTC stock value. Also, the graphs they present are misleading. They do NOT show actual values! They show BTCRobot's values - values they use as a leverage for the man-in-the-middle attack (== taking your coins). EVEN when BTC prices go UP, the BOT goes down. Refunding others that have lost too much, no doubt Sad Or stealing it directly, if they are really mean Smiley

Even worse are all the newsletters / updates you keep receiving. "Brand new graphs" which show data that I can never find on other websites. But yeah, I'm gonna be rich ;p

I posted more information here: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8636.msg22669.html#msg22669 (BTC Robot: Testing: a fair and independent review (NOT a press release!) *SCAM*)

It also has names of other trading tools - including C.A.T. - which does as promised ;p

NO peace for these fuckers!

devnullius
January 25, 2014, 12:46:35 AM

legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002
January 24, 2014, 02:14:09 PM
I created an account at Bitcointalk.org so that I could comment about this Bot. I purchased the Platinum package of the BTCRobot November 18th, right when the price of BTC started spiking. I started with 3 BTC's. After a month of hemorrhaging, I finally had enough and asked for a refund. It left me with 1.32 BTC when it was all said and done. I've since created my own trading bot, and have recouped some of my losses.

To anyone reading this thread, absolutely DO NOT BUY THIS BOT!!! You will lose your ass if you put your faith in it.

Thats a pretty huge loss
Activity: 42
January 13, 2014, 10:18:09 PM
I created an account at Bitcointalk.org so that I could comment about this Bot. I purchased the Platinum package of the BTCRobot November 18th, right when the price of BTC started spiking. I started with 3 BTC's. After a month of hemorrhaging, I finally had enough and asked for a refund. It left me with 1.32 BTC when it was all said and done. I've since created my own trading bot, and have recouped some of my losses.

To anyone reading this thread, absolutely DO NOT BUY THIS BOT!!! You will lose your ass if you put your faith in it.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
January 13, 2014, 07:58:29 PM
Here is the updated chart comparison to Buy and Hold comparing btc robot. Profit is in USD

I'm calling bullshit, let's see the real raw data on the trades.  The only thing my bot did when I ran it for a month was lose BTC for me.
January 13, 2014, 07:02:13 PM
Here is the updated chart comparison to Buy and Hold comparing btc robot. Profit is in USD

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
January 12, 2014, 10:52:39 AM
Current stats:

Profit: difference between the value of porfolio on the moment someone opens account with us and his current portfolio value in usd.
Avg. trading portfolio size: $2000

Not accounting for the rise in price in BTC while calculating profit, gotta love it!
January 12, 2014, 10:05:48 AM
Current stats:

Profit: difference between the value of porfolio on the moment someone opens account with us and his current portfolio value in usd.
Avg. trading portfolio size: $2000
Pages:
Jump to: