Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone use btcrobot.com? - page 9. (Read 56141 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 100
November 20, 2013, 08:10:46 AM
@
Bitcoin traders, next target is $370.

That is when on the support level it will define the further move. it is a strong buying point because btc always bounced back from this level. $370->800 could be a good target.

If broken $370 important support level, then it will return to normal $150-200 usd as before.
Activity: 350
Merit: 255
November 19, 2013, 05:12:26 PM
My robot seems to be doing a good job selling low and buying at a much higher price,

You guys need to understand that we are talking here about mathematical model that is created to protect your capital from drastical price fluctuations. When you are getting huge strong trend you can also get huge correction back.

The robot is calculating PROBABILITIES of such thing. It's not a magic ball and can't see the future correct ALL the time. Obviously it will make some mistakes and it is normal, but the goal is to at least to be correct most of the time, that is enough to be profitable long term and protect the capital.

So picking couple of wrong trades out of thousands is not a good strategy. You need to let it work for a few months in different market conditions and you will see its potential!

Does robot support MACD, RSI and other technical indicators?
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
November 19, 2013, 12:30:26 PM

You guys need to understand that we are talking here about mathematical model that is created to protect your capital from drastical price fluctuations. When you are getting huge strong trend you can also get huge correction back.

The robot is calculating PROBABILITIES of such thing. It's not a magic ball and can't see the future correct ALL the time. Obviously it will make some mistakes and it is normal, but the goal is to at least to be correct most of the time, that is enough to be profitable long term and protect the capital.

So picking couple of wrong trades out of thousands is not a good strategy. You need to let it work for a few months in different market conditions and you will see its potential!

Yes we have heard you say this many times before.

I have already let my robot work for a few months (since AUG 18th). And I would say it has made close to a thousand trades. All it has achieved thus far is cutting my bitcoin balance in half.

I would love to receive a refund now....But I know you wont let me because I am over the 60 day guarantee, which is my fault. It was my mistake putting so much trust in a new system.

I completely agree with this statement by BombaUcigasa:

What we want to know, do you understand how Bitcoin works? Do you understand that it is not similar to other fad technologies, stocks or stores of value? Do you understand that each bubble causes the price to jump up 10x then recover to 5x compared to before? Do you understand that Bitcoin's value is growing exponentially by more than 0.5% a day?

Sure, if it crashes to 0, your bot has done it's job (of saving 90% of your investment in dollars). But if Bitcoin is successful, it will only be providing negative profit compared to simply not doing anything after you acquire Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
November 19, 2013, 06:47:14 AM
My robot seems to be doing a good job selling low and buying at a much higher price,

We understand how the bot works and we can see why it was designed like this.

What we want to know, do you understand how Bitcoin works? Do you understand that it is not similar to other fad technologies, stocks or stores of value? Do you understand that each bubble causes the price to jump up 10x then recover to 5x compared to before? Do you understand that Bitcoin's value is growing exponentially by more than 0.5% a day?

Sure, if it crashes to 0, your bot has done it's job (of saving 90% of your investment in dollars). But if Bitcoin is successful, it will only be providing negative profit compared to simply not doing anything after you acquire Bitcoin.

Sorry if this sounds negative, but I'm sure we are talking things most people already know. Glad to see this is profitable for you and that we can experience the effects of your algorithm on the bitcoin market, it is really informational.
November 19, 2013, 03:59:40 AM

November 19, 2013, 12:16:57 AM
It would have been WAY more profitable if the Robot had done the EXACT OPPOSITE of what it did! A little upsetting in these volatile times.

… just wait for when it goes down. You will see how it magically protects you from any losses. And don't come claiming buy and hold would work better because we all know the bot© is perfect.

+1. Perfect for losing BTC, But I am stuck with it now. Even said good things about it, but it is making some pretty dumb trades. Wanted to trust it; but it literally has been doing what that picture has been showing for awhile now. It continues to buy high and sell low.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
November 18, 2013, 11:34:51 PM
It would have been WAY more profitable if the Robot had done the EXACT OPPOSITE of what it did! A little upsetting in these volatile times.

… just wait for when it goes down. You will see how it magically protects you from any losses. And don't come claiming buy and hold would work better because we all know the bot© is perfect.
November 18, 2013, 10:02:20 PM

November 18, 2013, 05:02:25 AM
We did not remove anything, seems like temporary bug with price feed, will fix it asap.

Yes, I understand during the very strong trend robot could be less profitable than just simple holding, but during big collapse it will save your account much more effective too rather than diving down with "buy and hold". And prices will not always grow on a strong trend just like now, the correction will come sooner or later.

our public acc is still displayed on site:

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
November 18, 2013, 03:15:42 AM
Seems you have removed the comparison chart to Bitcoin from your site. Anyway this robot is a good business idea.
November 17, 2013, 07:06:36 PM
How do we explain he fact that you "lost" 2750 USD by using this product, and you are still endorsing it and declaring satisfaction? We are having some problems sharing your sentiment. Maybe I there is an error in the information I just presented...

Hi there. The talks about this hypothetical "loss" is pretty often. Let me explain further.

The point is, you must understand that even if the robot may seem less effective than a simple price increase, as soon as prices stall and fluctuate (as they are certain to do), then you will lose much more than you would with our robot. You might get less profits with our robot than by riding on strong intermediate price rises but atleast you will not blow your accounts or fall into 70% drawdowns with the robot if the prices were to go south. You are only look at one side of this trading story, not thinking about what will happen on the other hand. I hope this is clearer to you now.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
November 17, 2013, 03:53:21 PM
I have been sharing my profits and I want to share it again today..
So fa so good I am happy with the bot

We're glad you're happy BTC fan, everyone has their goals and needs and you seem satisfied. Nobody is trying to imply anything, but let's look at the following:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/btc-fan-144443

A. All your posts are "behind the scenes" or "possibly in cohort with the publisher" and you seem to have no other interests in the world of Bitcoin at the moment, that you only reply for btc-robot and promote him.

B. Your screenshots show you started with 860 USD or 8.8 BTC and one actual USD. That same 8.8 BTC is worth today 4400 USD. Yet you only possess 1652 USD today in your account.

How do we explain he fact that you "lost" 2750 USD by using this product, and you are still endorsing it and declaring satisfaction? We are having some problems sharing your sentiment. Maybe I there is an error in the information I just presented...
November 17, 2013, 12:30:15 PM
Yes ~37,5% is a very nice profit for one week

Bitcoin  made ~53%
Activity: 5
November 17, 2013, 11:38:55 AM
I have been sharing my profits and I want to share it again today..
So fa so good I am happy with the bot
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8389/jjlj.png
November 17, 2013, 05:54:37 AM
According to you homepage you bot sold 25 btc at 431 tonight. That doesn't seem that smart now.
November 17, 2013, 05:18:01 AM
Public acc growth

November 15, 2013, 12:19:54 PM
I would enjoy having the option to choose whether the robot attempt to grow my BTC or USD balance. As a committed customer now (for the next year), I hope that this option would become available in the future. I think this would be good way for the Robot to stand out from the others; because the more options the better in my opinion. Assuming this would give BtcRobot more customers- its a Win/Win. It will just take a little hard work and testing Smiley
November 10, 2013, 06:13:24 AM
Our update was 2 weeks ago where we improved the performance and added bitstamp filters!!
Activity: 350
Merit: 255
November 10, 2013, 04:27:09 AM
I used BTCRobot and I am an affiliate of theirs. I'm not a customer anymore as I've found that its more profitable for me to leverage trade on BitFinex.com than to make use of the platinum license.

Its not a scam and I can vouch for it (on that aspect) from my experiences. For accepting payments, they use the services of Clickbetter, a Clickbank clone so you're assured of your money back if you make a refund request.

In essence, as I could tell it uses the price difference between the exchanges to decide if it should buy or sell and makes a few small trade when it claims to find opportunities. I bought in a time when the market was a bit flat, not much volatility and hence not much trading activity from the bot.

When it did trade, it was counter-intuitive. Selling when the price dropped and buying when it went high again.
All the while though this, they kept in touch with us customers assuring us that this bot is a long term thing and in the long run it would turn out well but it simply wasn't working the way I wanted an automated trading bot to do so.

As others have mentioned on this thread, there are some open source bots and I'm going to start there, do some research and find a system to trade that we can discuss and collaborate on, make available to the community freely and sponsor upgrades through donations, because it works to grow your BTC (XBT?) wallet Smiley

Anyone interested please PM me!
Hey, thanks for explaining. Have they done any updates recently, improving their system?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
November 09, 2013, 09:38:02 AM
Starting to think this may just be the case unfortunately :/
*And the real crux of it is that I'm basically talking about a section of code that at most should take 35 minutes to write...assuming you watch yourself a whole episode of big bang theory first.

Thank you for your opinion. If it was that easy we could do it long ago. Anyways, if you are using fresh account there should not be any problem.

It is that easy, just like flipping the switch from USD based trading to BTC should be.

Got a good reason they're not in the robot?
Pages:
Jump to: