Pages:
Author

Topic: ApexCoin Rebirth - Minable Proof Of Stake - Web Wallet - BlockNet Association - page 75. (Read 249953 times)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Hi Dev,

The end goal ultimately for APEX is to achieve merchant adoption. So, what springs to mind is that the wallet has to be the platform that facilitates trade, and also is a ledger that keeps 'accounts'.

At the current moment we need an intervention currency, in our case it would be BTC.

Maybe a service can be put into the wallet where you can use (convert) APEX (to BTC) to buy goods and services offered in BTC. Now that bitcoins is gaining mainstream adaptation. We could use this as an 'intervention' currency to help people to actually spend APEX on real world items.

This has already been implemented by SaffronCoin.

They also now have an option to buy SFR through paypal.

Perhaps its time to Adapt? to Thrive?

I was talking about 'accounts' earlier.

This is purely an idea to speculate upon.

Traders could also use an APEX portal. This would be the market place to advertise their goods (like a mini EBAY). I suppose this decentralized market would have to be built first with all the tools to connect traders.

My initial idea was books. Ebooks. Right now maybe books related to hashing algorithms. Networks, bitcoins, Crypto-currencies. People could upload these books in exchange for APEX (through downloads). Since majority of the traders in crypto barely understand jack-shit about it. And music, i use beatport to download good quality music. Maybe the community can share their music in exchange for small amounts of APEX. Ofcourse we're looking at licensing and stuff like that, but its more or less the same thing as selling CD's in a music store, but digital files. Even other entertainment like pieces.

In the APEX wallet there could be like a downloads section maybe where you can store music, pdf's, and so on, onyour local pc. I suppose now we're looking at an online-offline storage system that has records of things purchased on the APEX portal that uniquely is linked to the wallet. So, if your computer crashes still there is record of your purchase from the market place and still you're able to download previously purchased items.

Another idea i had was giving buyers the option of paying in alternative cryptos.
A system that benefits APEX.

For example:

I have an ebook for sale. and my friend want to pay for this ebook with DRK. The system would ideally sell the DRK for BTC (at the existing buy order), and then use the BTC to purchase APEX (at the existing sell order). The apex purchased is given to me at the agreed price. This way there would be continuous buy support for APEX. More volume too.

Im just spilling out ideas here. Maybe it can be put into good use.

Thanks Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Allergic to false promises
Good to see that a bit of humor around this thread is not immediately seen as fud.
Humor kept me from abandoning APEX anyway.
So I also wanna thank klopper, bitcoinbitchez and everyone else that let me have a good laugh at this thread and now on to more serious biz with my new webwallet.
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Its funny you guys mention @cryptoasian, as we were throwing that idea around earlier today. The problem is, for the time being the devs would prefer to remain anonymous unless either a new legislation was passed and it became required for us to make our identities public, or if a well established organization asked us to disclose such information before getting in bed with us (metaphorically, duh). That said, if we remain anonymous then the highest we can get is 3 PODs, and the majority of the coins who have applied have 4 PODs, with 1 coin with 2 PODs. Therefore we risk receiving bad PR from this route. Then again, some are of the philosophy that any PR is better than no PR...
Activity: 142
Yes I agree - proof of time is more reliable than POD. Smiley

I was looking at it more as a PR-thing, doing either or both is good.

Both would be nice hehe.  Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Yes I agree - proof of time is more reliable than POD. Smiley

I was looking at it more as a PR-thing, doing either or both is good.
Activity: 142
Just donated 4500 Apex to the marketing fund.

Address: AJXD8mXb4prcrmM8dRSby36dA8P97LUBB5
TxId: ffaa86426172d14ec0757a88e31347197d0ade2a62a7dad92b08641c0ed953a3

Dev,

I don't think you should release the wallet code. Not yet, the coin is undervalued and we don't need cheap scamcoins around mimicking code.

This release can happen at a later time period where the coin is well established and has reasonable value, and progressed a bit further.

The code maybe should be reviewed by an independent peer. A respected dev just to give assurance.

Also, what are the marketing plans and strategies like?

Loving the new logo!

Thanks Smiley

Thank you for the support, that puts total donated towards this giveaway campaign to 17500, leaving 7500 to go.

We are also leaning towards your opinion about the code release. We will likely have a respected independent dev review the code after each version release until webkit wallets become more common, so that we can keep our competitive advantage.

As for marketing plans, we currently have the campaign with altcointoday.com as you well know. We also have a banner running on cryptocointalk.com. On top of that, we am completing an interview that was requested by altcoinspeculation.com from a while back that I never got around to finishing, although they seemed to have stopped publishing so we are unsure if this effort will be for naught. Outside of those things, we are open to suggestions, however we hope the community gives a hand in this area as it takes more than a few devs to create buzz, it takes a community spreading the word and creating awareness. A coin is only as strong as it's community. Mentions in troll boxes, tweets, retweets, we will be providing the material to talk about, so we need everyone to go talk about it. If you are skilled in making promotional videos, that would help as well. If you can provide professional quality and would like a bounty, we can see if the community would be willing to donate towards that end, as good quality videos have shown to be beneficial to a coin's pricing.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention that several services and entities have reached out to us today since launching the wallet v2.0, and if we can come to an agreement, APEX will be part of their services provided. These will be announced once they are more secure, since some deals may fall through and we do not want to release false information.

First of all thanks for the new wallet, it's beautiful
You guys are doing a great job on the PR-side now, making all the right moves imo.

Since you now have been confirmed as REAL devs and not scammers, what do you think about getting a POD approval from @CryptoAsian (http://cryptoasian.com/proof-of-developer-faq/)?
If you like the idea send him a tweet and let him know, i think this can be good PR and gain some more trust outside of the APEX community.

No offense to @CryptoAsian but I think the whole Proof of Developer is a joke because you can still easily cheat those requirements.  I would rather have what @AllAltNews called Proof of Time because you can never cheat time and scams usually never last more than a week because scammers want to drop a coin and get out fast.  Whereas legit coins will continue on for months and years.  But of course, POD is better than nothing.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Dev,

I don't think you should release the wallet code. Not yet, the coin is undervalued and we don't need cheap scamcoins around mimicking code.

This release can happen at a later time period where the coin is well established and has reasonable value, and progressed a bit further.

The code maybe should be reviewed by an independent peer. A respected dev just to give assurance.

Loving the new logo!

Thanks Smiley

Thank you for the support, that puts total donated towards this giveaway campaign to 17500, leaving 7500 to go.

We are also leaning towards your opinion about the code release. We will likely have a respected independent dev review the code after each version release until webkit wallets become more common, so that we can keep our competitive advantage.

As for marketing plans, we currently have the campaign with altcointoday.com as you well know. We also have a banner running on cryptocointalk.com. On top of that, we am completing an interview that was requested by altcoinspeculation.com from a while back that I never got around to finishing, although they seemed to have stopped publishing so we are unsure if this effort will be for naught. Outside of those things, we are open to suggestions, however we hope the community gives a hand in this area as it takes more than a few devs to create buzz, it takes a community spreading the word and creating awareness. A coin is only as strong as it's community. Mentions in troll boxes, tweets, retweets, we will be providing the material to talk about, so we need everyone to go talk about it. If you are skilled in making promotional videos, that would help as well. If you can provide professional quality and would like a bounty, we can see if the community would be willing to donate towards that end, as good quality videos have shown to be beneficial to a coin's pricing.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention that several services and entities have reached out to us today since launching the wallet v2.0, and if we can come to an agreement, APEX will be part of their services provided. These will be announced once they are more secure, since some deals may fall through and we do not want to release false information.

First of all thanks for the new wallet, it's beautiful
You guys are doing a great job on the PR-side now, making all the right moves imo.

Since you now have been confirmed as REAL devs and not scammers, what do you think about getting a POD approval from @CryptoAsian (http://cryptoasian.com/proof-of-developer-faq/)?
If you like the idea send him a tweet and let him know, i think this can be good PR and gain some more trust outside of the APEX community.

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
The new wallet is an option, you don't have to use it if you don't want to but the dev have not done anything malicious in terms of coding so far so I have no problem using it and neither has anyone else.  If they wanted to pull a Honorcoin then they would of done that at launch.  

Actually, probably not.  If I was the evil sort, it'd probably make more sense to release an open source wallet, then release a fancy second closed source one, claiming it's to protect the code from theft.

If you are asking me if I honestly think there is malicious code in the new wallet, I'd say nope. But at the same time I'm sure others will have those thoughts, especially with what has gone on with the coin so far. If it was me, I'd just opensource it. Since the devs here are the ones that made it, they could always add improvements to it over time, and ideally people would prefer using the coin that originated the features, rather than a copy-cat clone.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
When will the code be available for the new wallet?

Seems like someone wants to steal it for Confessioncoin go figure the dev figured it out and now someone wants to steal it already.  

That is the main reason we are discussing it first. It hasn't even been 24 hours and looks like another dev is trying to take it.

In other news, we are also discussing adding legitimate merchant websites into the wallet. This will not only allow users to spend their coins right out of the wallet, but gives legitimate businesses incentive to adopt APEX acceptance in the form of free advertisement for their website. If you are a legitimate business and this interests you, please send me a PM.

Hate to be sarcastic, but I kind of expected an accusation for asking for the source of an open source project.  And I truly have no interest in "stealing" your code for adding a webpage to a Qt app -- of course ConfessionCoin does that already and I helped out on that.  What I'm curious about is the build process -- if you're cross compiling or building natively, and I can find that out very quickly from seeing the code and trying to build it.

I'm disappointed you (as the official dev account) jumped to that conclusion.  I'm of the opinion that keeping your coin code secret doesn't add any advantages ... apparently your users feel differently.  C'est le vie.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions, but I did not personally read up on Confessioncoin. I simply saw a newbie account with only a handful of posts on their thread and jumped to that conclusion, and I apologize. As for your question, I'm pretty sure it was built natively, but will confirm when the coder wakes in the morning.

No problem, thanks for that response.  I am still curious if it's built natively (that's my guess anyway) if you don't mind following up.

BTW, I saw you said you're doing direct payments from the wallet, which ConfessionCoin also does.  Seems like your devs have a handle on it, but there's at least that point of reference in the CFN github if it comes in handy.
Hmm... not so sure any sane person here would use a wallet that wasn't open sourced. I mean, enough fishy things have gone on already. How many folks would feel good about using this new wallet with no idea what is inside of it, after what has occurred with the coin so far?

That is why we would have a respected dev look over the code if we were to keep it closed. Users will still have the option of using wallet v1.1, and not utilize the features we offer, if they so choose, same as people have the option not to back up their contacts to their google accounts because they do not trust google, however convenient the service may be.

In any event, we will discuss this more before deciding, as we have now heard from two different views from the community on this.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
The new wallet is an option, you don't have to use it if you don't want to but the dev have not done anything malicious in terms of coding so far so I have no problem using it and neither has anyone else.  If they wanted to pull a Honorcoin then they would of done that at launch.  

I like the whole merchant idea, I hope merchants start accepting APEX.  Is APEX on coinpayment yet?

Seems like someone wants to steal it for Confessioncoin go figure the dev figured it out and now someone wants to steal it already.  

That is the main reason we are discussing it first. It hasn't even been 24 hours and looks like another dev is trying to take it.

In other news, we are also discussing adding legitimate merchant websites into the wallet. This will not only allow users to spend their coins right out of the wallet, but gives legitimate businesses incentive to adopt APEX acceptance in the form of free advertisement for their website. If you are a legitimate business and this interests you, please send me a PM.

Hate to be sarcastic, but I kind of expected an accusation for asking for the source of an open source project.  And I truly have no interest in "stealing" your code for adding a webpage to a Qt app -- of course ConfessionCoin does that already and I helped out on that.  What I'm curious about is the build process -- if you're cross compiling or building natively, and I can find that out very quickly from seeing the code and trying to build it.

I'm disappointed you (as the official dev account) jumped to that conclusion.  I'm of the opinion that keeping your coin code secret doesn't add any advantages ... apparently your users feel differently.  C'est le vie.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions, but I did not personally read up on Confessioncoin. I simply saw a newbie account with only a handful of posts on their thread and jumped to that conclusion, and I apologize. As for your question, I'm pretty sure it was built natively, but will confirm when the coder wakes in the morning.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
Hmm... not so sure any sane person here would use a wallet that wasn't open sourced. I mean, enough fishy things have gone on already. How many folks would feel good about using this new wallet with no idea what is inside of it, after what has occurred with the coin so far?
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

Dev,

Loving the new logo!

Thanks Smiley

Activity: 103

Dev,

Loving the new logo!

Thanks Smiley
ApexCoin has been added to AllCrypt.com!

Thank you! We will add it to the list on OP.

Activity: 278
Here is altcointoday's article announcing their giveaway campaign. Feel free to spread the word, and we will include it on OP as well.

http://www.altcointoday.com/apexcoin-new-wallet-wtrading-platform-built-in-and-free-coins/

I can't say no to free coins.  Smiley
Activity: 278

Pages:
Jump to: