Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 104. (Read 395743 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
iginis ICO? i thought that just need to hold next to receive ignis tokens.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
Nxt/Ardor developer Riker has stated that most probably the Ardor launch will be in September.

and the IGNIS ICO? At the same time?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Nxt/Ardor developer Riker has stated that most probably the Ardor launch will be in September.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
maybe people withdraw because they are afraid of a bitcoin split ?
legendary
Activity: 952
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
wow we have crashed nearly 50% from the recent top. Is there anything that I don't know? Smiley This project seems nice, but the market's pessimism is being a little alarming right now Sad

Actually it is the fact that we don't know anything the one which is driving the price south. Most people when inverted in Ardor last months expected it to be released (or at least announced officially) around July because they read Q3. It is July now and nothing happened...however Q3 is just starting!

I expect Ardor and Nxt to boom as soon as the official release date and ICO is announced.
legendary
Activity: 1030
wow we have crashed nearly 50% from the recent top. Is there anything that I don't know? Smiley This project seems nice, but the market's pessimism is being a little alarming right now Sad
Activity: 23
Great and educational video, but still hoping for someone to give me a recap of what to expect. Thanks for your reply tho !
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
I found some interesting information. I am still not sure of any dates for upcoming updates. BUT, it does remind me of why I bought and hold ARDR.

https://www.jelurida.com/el-pais-interviews-lior-yaffe  video

https://www.jelurida.com/

one of my first investments was ARDOR because of the updates that where expected to be made in Q3. As of last week we are in Q3 and from an investment point of view could someone give me a summary of what is to be expected for this quarter of the year. I have done my research but I suffer from a short memory span, I had done my research a while ago when I decided to invest in ARDOR. Hopefully some of you will find the time to give me a short summary of what is to be expected.
Activity: 106
Same here, can anyone give us any updates on upcoming news. I have been holding and was trying to decide whether to hold or sell or double down today. I am having a hard time finding any current news.

TIA
mcptrman
Activity: 23
one of my first investments was ARDOR because of the updates that where expected to be made in Q3. As of last week we are in Q3 and from an investment point of view could someone give me a summary of what is to be expected for this quarter of the year. I have done my research but I suffer from a short memory span, I had done my research a while ago when I decided to invest in ARDOR. Hopefully some of you will find the time to give me a short summary of what is to be expected.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

"The ICO will be conducted on the Nxt blockchain, therefore one needs NXT coins to participate in it. "    - very wise decision. The price for NXT should rocket now. Waiting for the date of ICO to be announced.

I don't really understand this. The IGNIS snapshot is after the ICO right?
NXT value will be significantly lower after the IGNIS shapshot, so Jelurida has to sell all NXT from the ICO before the snapshot (within weeks?), otherwise they end up with huge amounts of IGNIS and less money.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

"The ICO will be conducted on the Nxt blockchain, therefore one needs NXT coins to participate in it. "    - very wise decision. The price for NXT should rocket now. Waiting for the date of ICO to be announced.
Is it now possible to forge Ardor or not? As far as I know you can still only forge NXT?

No. But Ardor resides on the Nxt chain until launch. So securing Nxt means securing Ardor.

Just downloaded and installed the latest NXT wallet and server. I had ARDR on Polo and transferred it to my next ID and now see it when running server but, two problems. The wallet doesn't load past a blank blue background and the server loads but flashes a brief message about most likely being on a fork. Tried removing and reinstalling, no change. Any help would be welcome, thanks in advance.

Better ask in the nxtforum - or on the #helpdesk on nxt slack - there are more people in the know. 
My guess would be your blockchain is not fully downloaded or went off a fork. Reinstalling probably just reuses the blockchain data you had before (it's in your user directory). You could use the light-login - or get the current chain from peerexplorer.

I thought it was released on 1 july 2017? Or am I missing something here?

they announced it for Q3 2017, which is July to September
but on some pictures they'd represented it as "starting 1st July"
but what start on 1st July is Q3 2017 ....
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

You're just missing patience Wink It's not out - just testnet versions. It's planned for release this quarter. The specific date wasn't announced yet.
Activity: 89
Is it now possible to forge Ardor or not? As far as I know you can still only forge NXT?

No. But Ardor resides on the Nxt chain until launch. So securing Nxt means securing Ardor.

Just downloaded and installed the latest NXT wallet and server. I had ARDR on Polo and transferred it to my next ID and now see it when running server but, two problems. The wallet doesn't load past a blank blue background and the server loads but flashes a brief message about most likely being on a fork. Tried removing and reinstalling, no change. Any help would be welcome, thanks in advance.

Better ask in the nxtforum - or on the #helpdesk on nxt slack - there are more people in the know. 
My guess would be your blockchain is not fully downloaded or went off a fork. Reinstalling probably just reuses the blockchain data you had before (it's in your user directory). You could use the light-login - or get the current chain from peerexplorer.

don't use poloniex, piece of shit and scammy as hell

yes poloniex are scamming most of their customers lately

if people want ardor or nxt they can use hitbtc, bittrex, changelly ...
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
don't use poloniex, piece of shit and scammy as hell
Activity: 394
Merit: 104
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

You dont need to reinstall it. Just give it some time and it catch the correct chain. The problem may be due to the  relatively small  NXT amount involved into forging  at that moment.

Thanks for the info, very helpful and, thank you as well Thomas Veil...
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

You dont need to reinstall it. Just give it some time and it catch the correct chain. The problem may be due to the  relatively small  NXT amount involved into forging  at that moment.
Jump to: