Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 103. (Read 395743 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
God what a mess.

So I should sell my NXT/ARDOR asap?

I don't understand what is this ICO about and how it is related to NXT/ARDOR
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
What does this mean for ARDR? Will it's supply increase because of the NXT change to ARDR, and thereby cutting the price of ARDR dramatically or ??

No. Do you know what Ardor is meant to be? Read the thread title.

ARDR = main chain (supply: 1 billion)
IGNIS = first child chain. (supply: 1 billion)

I don't know why you are thinking that the supply will increase. That distribution (1 + 1 bn) was communicated from the beginning of the NXT2.0/Ardor plans.

The reason for the child chain model is scalability: Child chains can be almost completely pruned. And so the transaction capacity per kB of blockchain space will be MUCH higher (35 times higher with 100 tx/min, with more tx/min even less) than with Bitcoin. (See the original NXT 2.0 overview, although in this text you won't find the word "Ignis" because the name of the child chain wasn't decided at that moment).

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I also have same question as CosaNostra. And what does Ardor have to do with Ignis ICO, how are they related? Sorry for noob question, I'm technologically retarded.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
What does this mean for ARDR? Will it's supply increase because of the NXT change to ARDR, and thereby cutting the price of ARDR dramatically or ?? Kind of missing the "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

The reason behind this all and the benefits that come from it are not easily to come by. 90 percent of the information out there is about the how but not about  the WHY.

If I am sounding like a dumbass you are probably right, but please explain the above to me.

Please
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
Read that launch is september. Is thia accurate?

The Jelurida team is now happy to announce that the legal, technical and organizational preparations for the IGNIS ICO are entering their final stage. The ICO will start near the end of July or early August 2017 (exact date and time to be disclosed at least two weeks in advance).

The token sale itself will be conducted on the Nxt blockchain platform. A "controllable currency" called JLRDA will be issued and offered for sale in several consecutive rounds. The price of the JLRDA tokens will be denominated in NXT and will increase at each round. Each round will continue one week and there will be at least one week break between subsequent rounds. The first few rounds will be priced attractively compared to the 2:1 snapshot ratio, but the price will increase significantly for the later rounds.

https://www.jelurida.com/ico
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Read that launch is september. Is thia accurate?
Nxt/Ardor developer Riker has stated that most probably the Ardor launch will be in September.

and the IGNIS ICO? At the same time?

from marenkar (the NXT marketing guy) on Ardor's reddit:

"Also, the snapshot date is not even announced yet and Jelurida will be announcing that soon"

this make me think the date is set and they wait to announce it

iginis ICO? i thought that just need to hold next to receive ignis tokens.

the total IGNIS available will be 1 billion
500 millions will be distributed to NXT holders
the other 500 millions will be sold as an ICO

good luck making any profits with NXT/ARDR/IGNIS with their billion coin supply...

Coin supply is NOT as important to market cap and overall price as you think it it is. As the market grows, supply becomes less and less of an issue. I've already made quite a bit of profit on this project/coin so there goes your argument. Please do some research before posting blanket statements such as this without a deep understanding of what you are talking about.

The ICO will start near the end of July or early August 2017 (exact date and time to be disclosed at least two weeks in advance).

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg233685/?topicseen#msg233685

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/ignis-ico/msg233682/?topicseen#msg233682

Buy NXT, while the price has decreased
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Nxt/Ardor developer Riker has stated that most probably the Ardor launch will be in September.

"Also, the snapshot date is not even announced yet and Jelurida will be announcing that soon"

good luck making any profits with NXT/ARDR/IGNIS with their billion coin supply...

Coin supply is NOT as important to market cap and overall price as you think it it is. As the market grows, supply becomes less and less of an issue. I've already made quite a bit of profit on this project/coin so there goes your argument. Please do some research before posting blanket statements such as this without a deep understanding of what you are talking about.

Anyone can make profits -and do- with the constant and growing influx of so called "dumb" money. But pretending that supply is "less of an issue" is, well just dumb.

Take a look at the most recent action in ETH. Do you think unlimited potential inflation/supply has anything to do with the steep correction? Well, seeing your opinion on this matter, you probably think it's been because of the weather...

The ICO will start near the end of July or early August 2017 (exact date and time to be disclosed at least two weeks in advance).

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg233685/?topicseen#msg233685

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/ignis-ico/msg233682/?topicseen#msg233682
Activity: 14

The date is not set yet, at least from my knowledge. I, more than anyone else, would like a date to be set. I get people asking me this everyday, even if it's not my decision to make.

Jelurida has announced more information now though:

The Ardor Genesis Snapshot will be performed at least two weeks after the end of the last JLRDA sale round.

We can infer some information from this because they also stated that the ICO will happen late July or early August and that there will be multiple rounds.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
50% of the Ignis coin supply, the first child chain of the Ardor platform, will be sold in an ICO to be performed on the Nxt blockchain. Updated Ignis ICO announcement by Jelurida:

Activity: 50

you must look at the possible grow of the marketcap
the total coin supply by itself mean nothing, as people with sound logic would guess this by them self. but if you need examples, you can look at ripple, nem or iota. they have very big coins supply, way bigger than ardor, and got enormous gains those last months.

ardor marketcap is still low and have big growth potential

let say it get to the marketcap of nem, 1 ardr would worth 1.4$
let say it get in the 10top coins, the price would be around 20000sat
Activity: 26

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
wow we have crashed nearly 50% from the recent top. Is there anything that I don't know? Smiley This project seems nice, but the market's pessimism is being a little alarming right now Sad

It is not the matter of Ardor alone , it is the matter of all forks.  byteball airdrop  distribution is coming.  So, people sell to link  more coins  to get more free coins. After this the price will come back, IMHO
Activity: 2
Well, this is one of the reasons why the Nxt price has risen over the last weeks. It tripled in price what usually does not happen when a coin is facing a better successor named Ardor.
I assume that the price will skyrock as soon as the IGNIS snapshot date is released. Followed by a price collapse after the snapshot when most money flows back to Bitcoin or Ardor tokens.

"The ICO will be conducted on the Nxt blockchain, therefore one needs NXT coins to participate in it. "    - very wise decision. The price for NXT should rocket now. Waiting for the date of ICO to be announced.

Yes once the IGNIS snapshot is over I expect an epic dump of NXT. This will only be good for Ardor since it will be given a fair chance to blossom.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Well, this is one of the reasons why the Nxt price has risen over the last weeks. It tripled in price what usually does not happen when a coin is facing a better successor named Ardor.
I assume that the price will skyrock as soon as the IGNIS snapshot date is released. Followed by a price collapse after the snapshot when most money flows back to Bitcoin or Ardor tokens.

"The ICO will be conducted on the Nxt blockchain, therefore one needs NXT coins to participate in it. "    - very wise decision. The price for NXT should rocket now. Waiting for the date of ICO to be announced.
Activity: 1955
Merit: 381
English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)

I read about this too. The project is running up, a lot of updates in ardor platform. I'm holding since april. I don't have much, but what i have will bring a big profit for me.  Grin
Activity: 50

Jump to: