Pages:
Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 99. (Read 395743 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 101
The first round of ICO will start on August, 5th with the price of 0.4 NXT of 1 JLRD. The starting date for the last one is October 7th and the price 1.45 NXT. The Ardor platform will be launched in Q4 instead of Q3 planned The snapshot at the end of October  https://www.jelurida.com/ico

Where can I find a good instruction on what IGNIS?

It's the first chain on the Ardor platform.

Why another ICO?

Another? Were there any ICO's before? Yes, in 2013 with Nxt itself. But I think that's about it.

So after nxt, ardor no other coin has been created on the nxt platform? That’s sad to hear this project has great potential hope to see more chains built on this platform!
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Can you please make the differences between Ardor (ARDR) and Ignis more clear?

From what I understood Ardor is used for the transactions and Ignis is the actual "money"? Is that correct?

And if so. How should one distribute between those two? Get as many ARDR as Ignis? More ARDR, more Ignis?

I am totally confused about this.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
And NXT holders received Ardor for free, and half of Ignis for free. The other half goes to further development and marketing, which also benefits investors.
If the devs just wanted an ICO money grab, they'd have abandoned NXT and NXT holders, and just do a full ICO for the Ardor platform.

NXT devs are very kind to old NXT investors Smiley

Are you sure about the free Ardor?

The ARDR coin distribution will be 100% based on ARDR asset balances from the Nxt blockchain, in 1:1 ratio, with each user account automatically receiving the same number of ARDR coins on the Ardor platform as the number of ARDR tokens they have at the time of the snapshot.

This is what is says on the website, you get free ARDR on the amount of ARDR you got not NXT.

On the other hand will IGNIS have any special features?

The ARDR asset on the NXT platform indeed came from Nxt snapshot last year. As I got my ARDR tokens from my NxT . Now the website pertains to the main blockchain itself of ArDor which is now on its beta phase.
 If you  just bought ARDR from an exchange now that is what the website meant by 1:1 ratio of your ARDR asset from Nxt blockchain.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
I am very happy with the increase in the two days. I made a small profit. This is the first time I bought a coin. I always have ADOR in my hand because I believe its value is far undervalued

I got to say that i believe the same as well, ardor is a great project but for now it's still under the rader due to the invasion of  ICOs in the last 3 months.

I bought ardor a bit of ardor when the price was higher so I'll hang on to them even because I believe in it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
FYI, newcomers!
Did you know you can mine NXT (and buy Ardor with it on the Nxt Asset Exchange!) in the Lucky node project?
Computational and bandwidth requirements are very low - some users run it on a Raspberry Pi.
Run the node 24/7 or as often as you can while you work or play.
Join in with the over 100 nodes that are already in the project.

Thanks for this interesting information. I'll definitely read more and will try to set a node myself. My computer usually runs 24/7 Smiley
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
And NXT holders received Ardor for free, and half of Ignis for free. The other half goes to further development and marketing, which also benefits investors.
If the devs just wanted an ICO money grab, they'd have abandoned NXT and NXT holders, and just do a full ICO for the Ardor platform.

Are you sure about the free Ardor?

The ARDR coin distribution will be 100% based on ARDR asset balances from the Nxt blockchain, in 1:1 ratio, with each user account automatically receiving the same number of ARDR coins on the Ardor platform as the number of ARDR tokens they have at the time of the snapshot.

This is what is says on the website, you get free ARDR on the amount of ARDR you got not NXT.

On the other hand will IGNIS have any special features?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

We shall see. It's too early to tell Smiley
legendary
what do you think about NXT, ARDR & IGNIS?

If the question is for me, NXT was a great project marred by the horrible distribution and overall greediness of the main holders/developers. Great tech never given a real chance because of those and other circumstances, such as the inability to make it simpler to understand and use and the inability to simply make it KNOWN.

ARDOR is supposed to be the natural evolution of NEXT and, as such, have many more and much improved features. They , the developers, have had over a year to bring this to fruition and so far have not produced anything except for untested pretenses (untested under stress conditions, that is). Even if those pretenses are close to reality when the product finally sees the light there will be in affect already and in very advances stages of development much more advances products by at least half a dozen projects, with many more in earlier stages.

IGNIS I don't even know what it is. It seems to me just another clone token/asset. A necessary part of the con that this entire project has become.

I'm just pissed they had to invent a bazzilion coins to add to the ARDR mainchain. Why could they not have just rolled NXT into the ARDR blockchain and in a way NXT would have been IGNIS. No new ICOs and money begging, just build ARDR and run NXT on top of it. NXT would've been the main transactional token and other chains could've joined it.

These days it seems if you want free money you just release an ICO. I need a new washing machine, therefore I plan to release WASHCOIN and later on CLEANCOIN.

*Sigh* Anyways....

Because it was impossible to do technologically, as Ardor is completely new/different design of blockchain platform.

Maybe you may know better, but they could've just migrated the tokens to the slightly different blockchain maybe. I guess it doesn't matter all that much. I suspect NXT will die a slow death.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

If the question is for me, NXT was a great project marred by the horrible distribution and overall greediness of the main holders/developers. Great tech never given a real chance because of those and other circumstances, such as the inability to make it simpler to understand and use and the inability to simply make it KNOWN.

ARDOR is supposed to be the natural evolution of NEXT and, as such, have many more and much improved features. They , the developers, have had over a year to bring this to fruition and so far have not produced anything except for untested pretenses (untested under stress conditions, that is). Even if those pretenses are close to reality when the product finally sees the light there will be in affect already and in very advances stages of development much more advances products by at least half a dozen projects, with many more in earlier stages.

IGNIS I don't even know what it is. It seems to me just another clone token/asset. A necessary part of the con that this entire project has become.

I'm just pissed they had to invent a bazzilion coins to add to the ARDR mainchain. Why could they not have just rolled NXT into the ARDR blockchain and in a way NXT would have been IGNIS. No new ICOs and money begging, just build ARDR and run NXT on top of it. NXT would've been the main transactional token and other chains could've joined it.

These days it seems if you want free money you just release an ICO. I need a new washing machine, therefore I plan to release WASHCOIN and later on CLEANCOIN.

*Sigh* Anyways....

Because it was impossible to do technologically, as Ardor is completely new/different design of blockchain platform.
legendary

*Sigh* Anyways....
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
I am very happy with the increase in the two days. I made a small profit. This is the first time I bought a coin. I always have ADOR in my hand because I believe its value is far undervalued
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

Why another ICO?

Info here: https://www.jelurida.com/

another ICO? I think IGNIS is the second ICO in "NXT History" after the original...
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
The first round of ICO will start on August, 5th with the price of 0.4 NXT of 1 JLRD. The starting date for the last one is October 7th and the price 1.45 NXT. The Ardor platform will be launched in Q4 instead of Q3 planned The snapshot at the end of October  https://www.jelurida.com/ico

It's the first chain on the Ardor platform.

Why another ICO?

Another? Were there any ICO's before? Yes, in 2013 with Nxt itself. But I think that's about it.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Why another ICO?
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
Great project and time to invest because price is very low. With development and news coming Ardor should rise very soon.

Yeap, both NXT and Ardor are in buy zone. I  have bought a bunch of Ardor recently  and now  is focusing on NXT to invest at the  first round of ICO  that gives the chance to get more IGNIS
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
I don't have enough Nxt but maybe I will just purchase Ignis on its ICO. Hopefully , after ignis, there will be an influx of childchains flooding ARDOR Platform and pattern its business model like Ethereum
where Ardor is needed as a fuel to transact smart contracts.
legendary

legendary
For those who are considering participating in this (con) ICO, so you know where you are throwing your money:

They want you to give them 25-35 million dollars (at current market prices) of which they will keep -through their private, for-profit company, Jelurida-, 3-4 million. The rest will be for promotion, development, bla, bla, bla... of IGNIS/ardor (they say they will contin ue developing NEXT but that's just another con to get rid of their hundreds of millions of NXT at decent prices. They even say that the only thing they will do is give to NEXT tha same features ARDOR will have, go figure. Their own words... So those tens of millions of dollars will be used among other things, to pay their salaries -they will set their own salaries, at their own will and discretion-, to hire developers and promoters and you name it, again at salaries that they approve and you have no say whatsoever in the whole thing. Oh and they will use it to travel around the world promoting the projects (namely private child chains that they will sell to private parties for profit upfront and whose traffic you will carry for peanuts fees (it is in their interest, to make the product they sell attractive, to keep those fees at the minimum). They can spend as much or as little as they choose. Of YOUR money. No explanations, no accountability of any kind. They may choose to work... or not. To hire (friends, relatives, friendly geeks...) or not. They may advance the project, or pretend they will advance it several years from now, or not. And you have no shit to say in the whole shebang. Not only that, they have been quite open and frank about it, so you won't even have the right to complain when you finally wake up.

But there's more: They own, at least the major part of the main 50 wallets -roughly 400 million NXT-. That means they got 400 million Ardor for free. Of course this is not provable but believe me, it is true. And that means they will get, ON TOP of that rain of millions already mentioned, another 200 million IGNIS, which at the price they suggested, will amount to another 12 million dollars... Are you keeping track? No need, really. If you have even a small bit of common sense, you will run away from this con job as fast as you possibly can.

And for the converts, the  ones that say "but this is the same with all other ICOs, you throw money at them with no guarantees... at least here we know who these guys are", well not that you can be convinced... or that I would try, but the truth is that when you participate in an ICO, usually, there's an idea, which is new, more advanced or complete than current projects and a known group of people behind it, with history and credentials (otherwise you are assuming too much risk) who WILL BE CONCENTRATING ALL THEIR EFFORTS on the success of that project of which they retain standard ownership of no more than 15%, so they are as motivated as you are, if not much more, to make the project a success. Here, if the whole child chains brouahaha is a total failure -as it will be-, they still keep the same amount of money you have already given them to do with it as they please. Completely. Without accountability. AND, if the childchains are successful, you still get basically shit (crumbs, if you forge) while they -not you- reap 10s of millions of dollars in profits.

This is the long and the short of the con. Up to you now.

Pages:
Jump to: