Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 134. (Read 395740 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
FYI, newcomers!
Did you know you can mine NXT (and buy Ardor with it on the Nxt Asset Exchange!) in the Lucky node project?
Computational and bandwidth requirements are very low - some users run it on a Raspberry Pi.
Run the node 24/7 or as often as you can while you work or play.
Join in with the over 100 nodes that are already in the project.
Activity: 420
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
LOL fucking whales/traders always dump on news.  Dev good news today and price already go from 2500 back to 1900! wth??  I'm sure this is just small break before true breakout.  Cool Wink

Anyway, thank you for such dumps as I collect some more, looking fwd to 10k+ ARDR sooner or later Cheesy

A long time ago, I used to hate the way whales operate. Today I don't mind at all. They dump, I buy. Trick is to pick the good projects...
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
what differences between Nxt and Ardor will be: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=13245.0
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Update on:
Remaining Task list for Ardor testnet published by CoreDev Riker:

https://www.nxtforum.org/general-discussion/ardor-testnet-countdown
LOL fucking whales/traders always dump on news.  Dev good news today and price already go from 2500 back to 1900! wth??  I'm sure this is just small break before true breakout.  Cool Wink

Anyway, thank you for such dumps as I collect some more, looking fwd to 10k+ ARDR sooner or later Cheesy

May the Force be with you.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Here is the link to the Ardor testnet countdown update by CoreDev Riker:

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/ardor-testnet-countdown/
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
^Great update above, thank you for sharing!
Activity: 406
Riker, one of core devs, posted this update today.

Quote from: Riker
Getting closer to the Ardor testnet release but still some way to go.
The server code is nearly complete and the APIs are mostly stable.
Still some lingering issues with decimal conversions which we are about to fix soon.

Most of the work will now focus on getting the client UI ready for release. Lot's of small details to take care of.
In order to keep you informed, I would like to start posting regular updates about our progress and start crossing out the tasks from the list below until we ready for release.

Here is a list of remaining tasks which we would like to complete before the official release:
- More work on the Coin Exchange page and tables
- Prefix each MS currency name with the name of the chain to which it belongs
- Ability to link from a child chain transaction to the ChildChainBlock transaction in which it was bundled
- Improve the entity properties modal to support entities like orders and offers
- Format amounts and links in the entity properties modal
- Test and fix currency reserve/claim tables and modals
- Remove child chain specific widgets from the Ardor UI
- Reomve Ardor specific widgets from the child chain UI
- UI for the new "by holding" dividend modal
- UI for the "by holding" dividend history

In addition we also need to double check the UI of the following modules for problems caused by the mode to per chain entities:
AE
MS
Voting
Cloud Data
Aliases
Phasing
Account Control
Leasing
Account Properties
Account Monitor
1 ARDR is currently worth 3.7 NXT on the built-in fully decentralized asset exchange:
https://nxtportal.org/assets/12422608354438203866
Risk of the decentralized exchange goxxing you, insider trading against you is ZERO.
To trade you need a NXT client https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-11-2/
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Activity: 546
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

Try it out when testnet is live  Grin

When is it coming live?
A few quotes just made today by JeanLuc, core dev.

Quote from: Jean-Luc
A017. 2015-07-28. Allow AE issuer use Asset to make dividends payment in another Asset.
A006. 2015-06-16. Allow AE issuer use MS to dividends payment.

Those two are already implemented in Ardor.

Ardor fees from child block transactions are split back in 1:1:1:1 ratio with the previous 3 block forgers.

Of course the AE is being developed, it is one of our most important components. One major improvement is that the limitation on number of decimal places is gone, but this required changing the way order prices are defined, they are now in NQT per share of the asset instead of NQT per QNT.

Next is allowing editable asset descriptions and increasing number of shares, this may be done after testnet launch though.

Will assets on childchains of ARDR be directly tradeable against BTC (buy and sell against BTC)?
On the nxt asset exchange you have to buy nxt first to be able to buy assets. People who want to get out of assets sell against nxt and and then exchange the nxt to other currencies causing a downward price pressure on nxt.

So if this is the same in ARDR it has the same disadvantages of nxt. But i hope it is different.

Yes.

Quote from: Damelon link=https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(ardor)-sample-screens-of-btc-usd-trades
Ardor will allow payment providers to use its Assets to trade currencies over multiple chains.
Assets on Ardor are GLOBAL, which means you can trade them across all child chains.
When properly set up (and it's easy to do so) you can use Asset tokens to represent another currency (BTC, EUR, USD, NXT, ETH, whatever) and trade them using Ardors AE.

So you could sell an asset A on child chain 1 directly to an asset B on another childchain 2. Where Asset B represents another currency.

But how does this work? Can someone explain to me how you get the real BTC if i would, for example, sell asset A for Asset B. 

I have asset B and want the real BTC it represents. What do i do?

Try it out when testnet is live  Grin
Activity: 427

Will assets on childchains of ARDR be directly tradeable against BTC (buy and sell against BTC)?
On the nxt asset exchange you have to buy nxt first to be able to buy assets. People who want to get out of assets sell against nxt and and then exchange the nxt to other currencies causing a downward price pressure on nxt.

So if this is the same in ARDR it has the same disadvantages of nxt. But i hope it is different.

Yes.

Quote from: Damelon link=https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(ardor)-sample-screens-of-btc-usd-trades
Ardor will allow payment providers to use its Assets to trade currencies over multiple chains.
Assets on Ardor are GLOBAL, which means you can trade them across all child chains.
When properly set up (and it's easy to do so) you can use Asset tokens to represent another currency (BTC, EUR, USD, NXT, ETH, whatever) and trade them using Ardors AE.

So you could sell an asset A on child chain 1 directly to an asset B on another childchain 2. Where Asset B represents another currency.

But how does this work? Can someone explain to me how you get the real BTC if i would, for example, sell asset A for Asset B. 

I have asset B and want the real BTC it represents. What do i do?

question, if i buy ardor, do i just use my xdn-id? Will it then automatically be transferred as an asset of the xdn wallet

never heard of xdn wallet,
please use the official wallet from https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-11-2/
anything else is asking for trouble.
Activity: 597
question, if i buy ardor, do i just use my xdn-id? Will it then automatically be transferred as an asset of the xdn wallet
Ardor will make transacting in cryptocurrency great again.
Jump to: