Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 213. (Read 395419 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
great news from NXT Team Smiley Ill be buying some more  Grin
Activity: 321
Merit: 252
I am just saying that you shouldn't wrongly assume that NXT will have no value after the snapshot period. The short term trading you are talking about is a completely different animal.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Looking for shmexy coins!
What the article doesn't say: Don't dump your NXT after the snapshot period. You will need them to get the first child chain token FNX at the ratio 1:0.5 when Ardor launches in Q3 2017.

Q3 2017 is a long way ahead. What will happen is NXT will pump hard in the next few months then will dump at the end of the snapshot period and will then pump again when we near Q3 2017. This is how crypto works unfortunately. Everything is short term.
What the article doesn't say: Don't dump your NXT after the snapshot period. You will need them to get the first child chain token FNX at the ratio 1:0.5 when Ardor launches in Q3 2017.
Activity: 448
Besides Twitter and Bitcointalk, what are you doing to get the word out? Should we expect an upcoming articles or interviews on sites like Cointelegraph?   I know I've said it before, I'll say it again. I think you should include No ICO somewhere in the title.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 501

[random thought] If people are starting to look at fundamentals due to the eth/dao hack, nxt/ardor might have a strong case.

I have bought 2 btc worth of NXT recently as this is all I can spare at the moment but if the price of NXT holds or drops before the snapshot period starts, I will be looking to get some more.

You have time, even during the snapshot period Smiley

Can you perhaps be so kind to answer this:

Can we get some additional information for people who are not much in NXT but are interested in Ardor? Same number of coins as NXT? No development fund, no premines, no bounties? Just 1/1 swap for NXT holders based on the snapshot average?

Ok, never mind. So this is what I understood. Buying NXT now and holding it through the snapshot period gives us NXT 2.0 main net tokens, which will later give us the same amount of main net coins on the new chain. Holding NXT until the genesis block of 2.0 is created ensures that we also get the uquivalent of 50% of the transaction tokens for the first child chain. At the end of the day we also get to keep our NXT 1.9 if we want to.

All in all buying NXT now gives us a share in a total of 3 projects (NXT 1.9, NXT 2.0, First Child Chain). Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.
What will happens to those people will just Hold nxt just to get Ardor coin? i am sure many  will sell all nxt after snapshot will end! It is not clear to me 100% truly honest with you..
I think it would be better to burn all nxt coin and get change with Ardor coin, das make any sense what i say? Take snapshot and who is willing to get Ardor have to burn NXT coin...this for me make more sense and give more value to the coin! otherwise it will be lot speculation on it...
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
so if I trade my nxt coins...then I have no nxt anymore?
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
Activity: 406
In the old french movie "Quest for fire" the tribesmen don't stop pronouncing "ardor" referring to fire Smiley
Activity: 252
I still can't seam to understand very well, do you also get 50% of something else apart from keeping your NXT and getting 1:1 ARDR?

Yes, there is also tokens called FNX, these are the first child-chain that Ardor will have. The distribution of the FNX Token will be based on each account’s NXT holdings at the time of the Nxt 2.0 Genesis block creation (somewhere Q3 next year).
You can find details here: https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/announcing-nxt-2-0-roadmap/
I still can't seam to understand very well, do you also get 50% of something else apart from keeping your NXT and getting 1:1 ARDR?

Yeah. ARDRs are mining tokens. You can mine blocks with them and earn the fees of the child chain transactions in the block. A nice dividend. And you can send ARDRs from account to account. That's pretty much all you can do with ARDR tokens. All the additional functionality of the platform like Asset Exchange, Coin Shuffling, Message System etc. will only be possible on the child chains. As a NXT holder you will get the first child chain token with a ratio of 1:0,5. But the snapshot for this second distribution will be at launch of ARDR mainnet in Q3 2017. So you should keep your NXT after the first snapshot of October 2015 to be eligible for the child chain token later. Or rebuy before the second snapshot. This solution should also prevent an exaggerated selloff of NXT after the first snapshot period.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
Is there a minimum amount of nxt a wallet must hold before it gets get Ardor tokens for the new project? Do wallets with 0.1 nxt get Ardor tokens or do they need to hold more nxt for that?

I read it's a 1:1 swap, but surely if there's only dust in a wallet that's less than the fee needed to send coins then that wallet won't get any Ardor tokens.

6. For the rest: yes, a 1:1 swap and you are in.

I need to correct my use of the word "swap". Late night and all that.

It's NOT a swap: you get ARDR *and* keep your Nxt.  Smiley

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Sound good. See you in 2017 Ardor.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Is there a minimum amount of nxt a wallet must hold before it gets get Ardor tokens for the new project? Do wallets with 0.1 nxt get Ardor tokens or do they need to hold more nxt for that?

I read it's a 1:1 swap, but surely if there's only dust in a wallet that's less than the fee needed to send coins then that wallet won't get any Ardor tokens.

6. For the rest: yes, a 1:1 swap and you are in.

I need to correct my use of the word "swap". Late night and all that.

It's NOT a swap: you get ARDR *and* keep your Nxt.  Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
The name 'Ardor' is Don Draper brilliant ... it's so BAD it sticks in the mind like a terrible TV commercial, or an irritating pop song ... well done team Ardor!!

Thanks, mate. It did take quite a lot of brainstorming before we came up with 'Ardor'.....mainstream adoption is now guaranteed  Grin

I wonder how many Ardor tokens will be sent to abandoned accounts that were used for coin shuffling for example Wink

Doesn't matter, really, and there's nothing to be done about it.
Someone suggested trying to remove 'abandoned' accounts from the Ardor distribution, but there's no easy way to distinguish between abandoned and long term hodling.
Everyone gets the Ardor they deserve...... Cheesy

(and, btw, this is not a swap. If you hold NXT Original, you will recieve Ardor tokens (based on the snapshot balance) , and you get to keep your NXT Original.
The Nxt 1.0 blockchain will continue to run in parallel with the new Ardor/Nxt2.0 blockchain, so you get 2 systems for the price of one)

Lastly: It's good to be back on BTT, kids. I've kinda missed this place over the last few months....... Shocked
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
So Ardor (ARDR) is the FNXT from earlier proposals, just the name changed?

ARDR token is the FNXT token from previous discussions, Ardor is the name of the new platform (Nxt 2.0).

I see, thanks. Seems like the timing is perfect for this new direction that NXT is taking. Looking forward to following it's development.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
I invite you to my other thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1521369

Did I open Pandora's box with my earlier post>Huh Yikes. Mprep will likely be placing that thread in the trashcan soon. Get a hold of yourself HCLivess, lol.  Cheesy
Activity: 460
So Ardor (ARDR) is the FNXT from earlier proposals, just the name changed?

ARDR token is the FNXT token from previous discussions, Ardor is the name of the new platform (Nxt 2.0).
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
Jump to: