Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 214. (Read 395419 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
As an NXT fish, I support this project
Activity: 1177
Merit: 500
Great Project, bought in  Smiley

The ability for corporations to use a fully programmed and tested blockchain for their own is the future marked in my opinion. Like we can see at NEM these days.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
So Ardor (ARDR) is the FNXT from earlier proposals, just the name changed?
Activity: 330
Merit: 250
Is there a minimum amount of nxt a wallet must hold before it gets get Ardor tokens for the new project? Do wallets with 0.1 nxt get Ardor tokens or do they need to hold more nxt for that?

I read it's a 1:1 swap, but surely if there's only dust in a wallet that's less than the fee needed to send coins then that wallet won't get any Ardor tokens.

6. For the rest: yes, a 1:1 swap and you are in.

The Ardor asset have 4 decimals, while NXT has 8 decimals.
So yes, if you hold less than 0.0001 NXT would might not get anything if I understand it correctly (depending on how rounding is handled).
This is the asset that will be used btw: https://nxtportal.org/assets/12422608354438203866
legendary
Activity: 938
The name 'Ardor' is Don Draper brilliant ... it's so BAD it sticks in the mind like a terrible TV commercial, or an irritating pop song ... well done team Ardor!!

+1 it's terrible but sticks Cheesy

It does stick in your head. One might even feel compelled to say it repeatedly.

Activity: 406
The name 'Ardor' is Don Draper brilliant ... it's so BAD it sticks in the mind like a terrible TV commercial, or an irritating pop song ... well done team Ardor!!

+1 it's terrible but sticks Cheesy
Activity: 251
I wonder how many Ardor tokens will be sent to abandoned accounts that were used for coin shuffling for example Wink
Activity: 406
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Hello everyone,

futuraprocessa here, I'm the marketeer, along with Marenkar, on the Nxt team. I handle marketing strategy, PR, and copywriting.

If you're excited by the news, that's wonderful to hear. There will be lots more to come in the near future. We're assembling a solid team and you'll see the results over the weeks and months to come.

Be excited.

Also, do join us slack. We have fun... and you should too. With us. We'd be happy to answer questions there anytime! Smiley
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Is there a minimum amount of nxt a wallet must hold before it gets get Ardor tokens for the new project? Do wallets with 0.1 nxt get Ardor tokens or do they need to hold more nxt for that?

I read it's a 1:1 swap, but surely if there's only dust in a wallet that's less than the fee needed to send coins then that wallet won't get any Ardor tokens.

6. For the rest: yes, a 1:1 swap and you are in.

Activity: 448
Any exchanges available?

You didn't read anything from the first post right ?

Launched in October and if you want Ardor token (fnxt), you need to buy and keep NXT in your wallet between july and october

I like this approach over an ICO.
Activity: 14
Hey everyone!

Thanks for your interest in Ardor and the positive response to this announcement!

I'm marenkar, one of the people working with the NXT/Ardor team and was heavily involved in the creation of this announcement. I used to help out the NXT team as a moderator on the #nxtalk IRC channel (still hanging around there sometimes!) in late 2013, just shortly after NXT launched. I left mid-2014 due to life issues, but I've been slowly coming back since February of this year and this time I'm looking to stay.

Right now, I'm helping the team out in a marketing, communications, and branding capacity. As I'm usually online most of the day, I am also active on NXTChat on Slack. Come and join us - https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
legendary
Activity: 1205
The start of a new beginning.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
To quote Jean-Luc, the lead developer:

Oh man!

The lead developer is called Jean-Luc!!!

me like
Activity: 8
I dont understand Why people arent holding Huh Huh Huh  Ardor has a very big potencial... Nxt will increased the price 10x in one or two month, very easy...

It's starting to pump on poloniex, just wait and you'll see it rising soon ! Smiley
There is still a lots of people who didn't heard about this awesome coming 2.0
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Quiero mi bocadillo
I dont understand Why people arent holding Huh Huh Huh  Ardor has a very big potencial... Nxt will increased the price 10x in one or two month, very easy...
Activity: 8
Any exchanges available?

You didn't read anything from the first post right ?

Launched in October and if you want Ardor token (fnxt), you need to buy and keep NXT in your wallet between july and october
Activity: 594
Merit: 500
Blockchain entrepreneur✔
Any exchanges available?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Where can we need to submit "snap shot"?

deves will take it

The devs are not involved anymore in any of this, it's the software that takes care of it.
To quote Jean-Luc, the lead developer:

The number of ARDR asset shares starts at 1,000,000,000. At the snapshot end, after ARDR has been distributed to all accounts based on their average balances during the snapshot, whatever is left in the asset issuer account is deleted automatically. Currently 1,000,000 is expected to be left and deleted, if anyone burns more, this number will change.

You can observe this process on testnet, where the snapshot will end in 4 days. Click on the "Ardor Distribution Status" button in 1.9.1e to check current and expected ARDR token balances. Current is what you are guaranteed to get, expected is the total you will get assuming you maintain the same NXT balance in your account till snapshot end.

The asset issuer account is intentionally locked by setting account control with Genesis only on the whitelist, this way no more transactions can be issued out of this account. So there is no risk that someone can abuse and transfer ARDR assets out of it manually. And if anyone doubts the calculations, during or after the snapshot, set nxt.logFxtBalance to the account number you want to track and do a rescan, snapshot balances at each height for this particular account will be logged as it goes.

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/(ann)-ardor-or-nxt-2-0-a-scalable-child-chain-platform/msg219458/#msg219458
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
Jump to: