Pages:
Author

Topic: Are airdrops safe? - page 15. (Read 9479 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
July 28, 2019, 05:39:30 PM
This is why you need to find good Airdrop campaigns. Most of the Airdrop is not worthy to do. In this year, I haven't seen any Airdrop project, rather every ICO/IEO projects launched airdrop campaign! So, before joining in Airdrop, have a look at their partners, press release, whitepaper and verify their words! Good luck
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
July 28, 2019, 05:28:06 PM
Any airdrop asking for any signing signing stuff is definitely a scam. I know a friend who lost her wallet to such malicious sites thinking it was an official site of a bounty done. Airdrops do not interest me these days anyway cos the reward for airdrops now are nothing to write home about.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
July 28, 2019, 11:29:17 AM
Don't think signing a message can cause any harm to you.  Just be careful with different browser plugins and software you install on your computer - especially if you are working on windows...
Activity: 395
Merit: 102
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
July 28, 2019, 11:25:57 AM
in my view, airdrops are safe, but it doesn't mean you can give everyone your security code or your information. You always have to be careful. But normally they can be scam. When airdrop says to download any wallet. There is one more thing to say. There is something bad about that.
Activity: 481
Merit: 11
July 28, 2019, 11:19:43 AM
if you find an airdrop that asks you to send BTC or ETH, leave it immediately!
I once sent several ETH to the address given by them and after that they disappeared.
It was a crazy act. Airdrop is free, and if you need to pay them some money to receive airdrop, it is definitely a scam. You need to stay away from the airdrop like that
many people trying to cheat others.and strangely, many people are deceived and send ethereum to the address.we have to becarefull and just forget it.
it's hard to say there are really good airdrops and make 1000 money maybe there are only 20 airdrops that really become money. the rest is just garbage. don't trust the form of request to send our money to anyone. it's clearly an airdrop scam.
Activity: 672
Merit: 10
July 28, 2019, 11:16:17 AM
The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
Or is signing a message different than signing a transaction?
there are some dangerous airdrops that tell us to install the apk, but not everything is dangerous, only a few are dangerous because they have a virus inside.
airdrop which only wants a wallet and a little data such as e-mail and telegram username, I think it's all safe.
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
July 28, 2019, 11:10:29 AM
I once sent several ETH to the address given by them and after that they disappeared.
It was a crazy act. Airdrop is free, and if you need to pay them some money to receive airdrop, it is definitely a scam. You need to stay away from the airdrop like that
many people trying to cheat others.and strangely, many people are deceived and send ethereum to the address.we have to becarefull and just forget it.there are many airdrop program better .
Activity: 680
Merit: 255
July 28, 2019, 10:55:52 AM
Activity: 276
Merit: 1
July 28, 2019, 10:18:36 AM
As far as I know from my two years of experience of cryptocurrency, airdrops are free and any project launching airdrop does not require you to send them anything. They many ask you to provide your email or ethereum address or KYC information. So stay alert about any project asking you to provide them any fund.
Activity: 910
Merit: 12
July 28, 2019, 10:05:44 AM
No, not all airdrop campaigns are safe. Some campaigns want private key. And you should stay away from this kind of campaigns. You should not share your private key with anyone in any way. Some campaigns also want personal information. You should be careful with this kind of campaign. I prefer not to participate in such campaigns. But even if you want to participate, I think you should do some good research in advance.
Activity: 742
Merit: 102
July 28, 2019, 10:00:16 AM
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
July 28, 2019, 09:38:23 AM
the common airdrop is safe. they just give you some coin by sending your address and maybe give your btt name account. no fee to get airdrop, no sign up or something.
but, as time go by, they need you to follow, share or retweet their news, or following their channel. just it.
now, airdrop can be dangerous, because they can ask your priv key, and the other important data. you need to pay them some, and its make like 'you pay first, you will get this coin'
and just becareful, sometime they scam or fraud.
Activity: 392
Merit: 116
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
July 28, 2019, 09:05:49 AM
It seems that airdrop shows take away your information. And besides there are people who use your information for bad purposes. I think airdrop is not absolutely safe. Some airdrop programs are required to download unknown applications, it can control your computer
Activity: 147
Merit: 12
July 28, 2019, 09:01:56 AM
Airdrops are safe, if you don't have to do KYCs to claim your airdrops. Moreover, if you have to register via emails, it is better and safer if you use throw-away emails. Especially you should not use your main emails for airdrops. And, your main emails should have different passwords than other emails (that you use for airdrops, bounties, whatever unimportant things).
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
July 27, 2019, 07:03:13 PM
The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
Are airdrop safe?? Of course, i already join so many airdrop champaign

But airdrop is free, our task is simple sometimes only follow their social media account then fill the form after that wait until team send the token to our wallet. avoid all airdrop which instructs send first
Yeah, it's totally free and just require a few minutes to join. But I suggest to avoid an airdrop that require KYC, because isn't worth at all. Give personal information for few amount of usd isn't fair. Besides, you are very free to participate.
Yup, KYC for airdrop must be avoided. Because in my opinion it doesn't make sense, if we want the free one to participate in airdrop. But we have to send data ourselves only to get something that doesn't know the exact value. It's the same as we sell our data.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
July 27, 2019, 07:17:37 PM
Airdrop are safe at least if check the requirements and not ask kyc, i will avoid to do kyc for airdrop, and also is not ok to ask download any software to get some airdrop or any app who is not checked and can contain malware and steal all coins, so if join airdrop that ask download wallet i think is better to do on a pc where are no other crypto coins.
Activity: 845
Merit: 52
July 28, 2019, 08:58:19 AM
Not all airdrops are actually safe. Some will ask for your private key and require you send some bitcoin to claim your reward. And signing up in an airdrop with your official email can be dangerous. I prefer to enter my bitcoin address and do no sign up.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 254
July 27, 2019, 06:58:54 PM

Are airdrop safe?? Of course, i already join so many airdrop champaign

But airdrop is free, our task is simple sometimes only follow their social media account then fill the form after that wait until team send the token to our wallet. avoid all airdrop which instructs send first
Yeah, it's totally free and just require a few minutes to join. But I suggest to avoid an airdrop that require KYC, because isn't worth at all. Give personal information for few amount of usd isn't fair. Besides, you are very free to participate.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
July 28, 2019, 08:37:42 AM
I have never met airdrop who had to sign a message or anything related to btc, most of the airdrop that I encountered only contained tasks that told me to follow some social media and also do what they told me to do, download wallet applications or do other things if there was an airdrop using btc like that might be a scam.
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
July 28, 2019, 07:57:10 AM

I wouldn't join an airdrop that requires me to signing a message. Not all airdrop requires that thing anyway so for the most of time, airdrops are safe.
Pages:
Jump to: