Pages:
Author

Topic: Are airdrops safe? - page 19. (Read 9479 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 103
July 27, 2019, 02:35:08 AM
Message signing is a way you can prove you control a particular address and demonstrate you have ownership of the funds, sometimes people accidentally filled the private key into airdrop form, it's should be safe unless you giveaway private key to them, don't join the airdrop if they required participants import the private key to claim free tokens.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
July 27, 2019, 02:26:29 AM
Airdrop safe but not profitable. I passed hundreds of airdrops and earned a lot of coins that cost nothing. Do not send money to any airdrop, do not give your personal data, private keys and passwords. Your MEW Wallet address can give. It's safe.

Agree, indeed the allocation for airdrop is small because of the large number of participants. As long as the airdrop doesn't need our documents for KYC, I think Airdrop is still safe to participate
Activity: 406
July 27, 2019, 01:34:09 AM
The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
Or is signing a message different than signing a transaction?
there is no advantage in following airdrop, I think 80% of airdrop scam, not paying, if you pay there is no price.  it does follow airdrop for free but you have to maintain the data.  it's better to just follow the bounty
copper member
Activity: 370
Merit: 1
July 27, 2019, 01:28:19 AM
while airdrop pays and there is a price I will definitely follow. during this time I followed airdrop still safe. especially when airdrop has been registered in the market, I will immediately do the airdrop task or rules correctly.
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
elysian.finance
July 27, 2019, 12:57:26 AM
some say here that some airdrops are dangerous and some say some airdrop is a scam, but not all airdrop is a scam, there are also many people who participate in airdrop that can make them benefit, so we want to participate in airdrop for sure we have to do some research first, and make sure the airdrop is safe and not scam, but of course it's not easy for us to distinguish it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
July 27, 2019, 12:46:02 AM
The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?

So far I was never asked to sign a message for participating in any airdrop. Signing is a message is just way to prove that you are the owner of that wallet so I think it should be safe, but if any airdrop is asking you to enter your private keys or seed words than stay clear from those airdrops.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 100
July 26, 2019, 11:38:10 PM
if they asking to put your private keys to get your reward then that is not safe airdrop and also keep away that too much to fill about your information, they only want your info, that's a scam airdrop.
Activity: 784
July 27, 2019, 12:39:08 AM
Airdrops could be safe but sometimes its dangerous because many airdrop campaigns now are not legit and only getting your follow with their social media accounts and left you behind without being paid. The saddest part is if the scam airdrop requires kyc, then your personal identity could be used by such scammers, too dangerous.
Activity: 490
July 27, 2019, 12:26:37 AM
If you are interested in airdrops then find the right source that have verified airdrop campaigns because 90% of airdrops are useless tokens and the remaining 10% might not even pay you up to 20$
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
July 26, 2019, 11:49:19 PM
If you doubt about airdrop make it simple just leave it because you won't get a big profit from it. I often see many airdrop who ask the participant's KYC only for $25 it is not fair IMO. There is many ways to earn money through this forum especially, you can take part bounty campaign or signature campaign who paid with bitcoin. When I was newbie I often to taken part with airdrop event but till now I didn't feel the result from it, most of them are useless.
Activity: 672
Merit: 14
July 26, 2019, 11:46:42 PM
Just as we have some bounty programs ending up in scam, some airdrops can be scam. It is only up to the participant to research in order to know the authenticity of the airdrop before joining. Anyway, I don't participate in airdrops of late because they reward with few cents to about just $5.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
July 26, 2019, 04:06:50 PM
I don't think all airdrops are safe. There are few legit airdrop but it's very difficult to recover your gas fee for make transaction. There is few scammer who would ask you sign a message with their code, if you do that then you might lose your fund. Because by their code they are asking for fund, if you sign it fund would go to their address. So be careful about free airdrops.
It is true that airdrop actually seems to eliminate a lot because it might be an improper use and is very detrimental even though some are true. but because the prizes obtained were not appropriate and eventually many left and were not interested in airdrop.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
July 26, 2019, 03:46:19 PM
I’ve joined few airdrops in the past and they didn’t ask me for something like you’ve mentioned. They usually ask you to perform the tasks like joining their telegram channel, sharing them on facebook and twitter and filling out their form with your email address and cryptocurrency wallet address whichever but, its not worth it to waste your efforts sometimes since they are giving very few coins and sometimes the value is very small too. Not worth paying gas in sending them to exchanges.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
July 26, 2019, 03:58:44 PM
Most airdrops are safe if you know how to protect yourself. Make sure you don't install unverified files or install them on a virtual machine first or on a computer that doesn't store your passwords and your keys.

Airdrop scammers can't steal from you if you don't give them anything. Make a new email every time and don't leak your private info.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
July 26, 2019, 03:49:48 PM

Don't fall prey to any link asking you sign a transaction or providing you with a form asking you for your password, 2FA, or private keys, such forms are only going to be used to steal your coins and tokens.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
July 26, 2019, 03:48:35 PM

There could be a malicious airdrop and when you see such airdrop as  a forum member anywhere, you should know that. Asking for private keys or giving you a link to sign up with could be an attempt to take control over your funds. For now, I haven't seen or see.any airdrop that actually worth holding at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
July 26, 2019, 03:43:57 PM
I don't think all airdrops are safe. There are few legit airdrop but it's very difficult to recover your gas fee for make transaction.

Definitely not all Airdrops are safe and also kindly stay as far away as you can from Airdrops that required you to sign or verify a message, most of them (99%) are scams. Legitimate Airdrop especially does that don't require any social media task (like following or liking of Facebook page, Twitter handles, sharing or retweets etc) are usually safe. Some examples are receiving free coins due to forks or for just holding a particular coin in your wallet etc. Scammers are exploring new ways to scam victims and the use of free services that attract participants in their numbers like Airdrops have been their most target.
Activity: 486
July 26, 2019, 03:39:19 PM
I have participated in various airdrops from my experience Airdrop is a free coin or token just by doing light duty, like and share on their social media and fill out the form, if airdrop is from an exchange, you must register on their stock and do a Kyc if needed. but if you are asked to give a private key or deposit BTC, ETH then do not do it is clearly fraud.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs
July 26, 2019, 03:35:46 PM
Sometimes I participate in airdrop, which are provided by trusted bounty managers in this forum. The maximum that needs to be done is to retweet, repost, join the telegram group. Nowhere was it necessary to provide a signature or, especially, a private key or to install software.
Rarely at the airdrop spread more than $20 equivalent. It’s definitely not worth risking to provide any data (including a signature).
Activity: 555
Merit: 12
July 26, 2019, 03:21:27 PM

Have stopped airdrop for a very long time, but signing in can not make your btc vulnerable but when you are asked to provide private key then its suspicious, also make sure you don't sign in through a phishingsite
Pages:
Jump to: