Pages:
Author

Topic: Are airdrops safe? - page 20. (Read 9479 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 10
July 26, 2019, 03:15:26 PM
I have participated in some bounties as well as airdrops that tells you to deposit some money into a specific wallet before you can receive your money. That is a scam and anytime you see something like that, just exit scam.
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 12
I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum
July 26, 2019, 03:11:58 PM
The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
Or is signing a message different than signing a transaction?

as long as I follow Airdrop, I think everything is safe and very easy to participate in Airdrop, because the team usually only tells you to follow Twitter and Facebook and then share and retweet the posts that are made, after that you will fill in the form, that is address of wallet to receive airdrop and proof if you have done the requirements that have been requested, so participating in airdrop is not possible to make your Bitcoin lost and can be transferred to them.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
July 26, 2019, 02:11:27 PM
The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
I think airdrop's already dead.)
now I have not heard of fat airdrop , as many of them simply do not bring anything from the funds , it is better to do the bounty
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
July 26, 2019, 02:25:27 PM
somehow airdrop is an event that is simple, easy, free and safe. if they have done a strange and suspicious new thing you don't need to join him because there are still many other projects
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 2
July 26, 2019, 02:15:36 PM
I have paused participating in airdrops for a while. Because I end up receiving shit coins which never get listed. Some would even make it a form of contest and ask you to purchase their tokens to earn more points
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
July 26, 2019, 02:10:25 PM
Sending airdrop to your address may not create or permit anyone to steal your coins, moreover, airdrops are mostly sent in to Ethereum wallets not Bitcoin.
Just be extremely careful when trying to sign messages or make transactions .
Besides airdrops are worthless, they are mostly equivalent to few cents or dollars to the tokens or coins. So why take the risk just because you want to claim some tokens.
Activity: 742
Merit: 11
July 26, 2019, 02:09:41 PM
This kind of airdrop is malicious, when you sign up for airdrop that  is should be free, nothing wrong with free token, but be careful with the data that you provided and don't simply give your private key.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 26, 2019, 01:57:18 PM

As long as they don't ask you to give away your private keys or install anything (infected), you will be safe. There is no way they can access your wallet by making you sign a message. Also, some airdrops might ask you to submit KYC documents. Avoid those at all cost. High chances they will end up selling your information online.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 14
July 26, 2019, 01:56:16 PM
I try not to participate in airdrop in which something is asked to sign, if I do not fully understand what exactly needs to be done and is it safe for me. It is generally not safe to carry out these manipulations, fraudsters are not asleep.
Activity: 690
Merit: 12
There are consequences for every action
July 26, 2019, 01:54:17 PM
Airdrops are safe; but you need to keep yourself secure
Do not disclose your private key to anyone
Do not give out your personal informations either

Always dyor
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
July 26, 2019, 01:43:01 PM

Signing in a message doesn't make our wallet vulnerable thing but it can prove the ownership,do you really know that they were asked for sign in a message are there or private keys of your wallet. They asked for private keys then it is not a drop to participated.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature space for rent
July 26, 2019, 01:46:00 PM
I don't think all airdrops are safe. There are few legit airdrop but it's very difficult to recover your gas fee for make transaction. There is few scammer who would ask you sign a message with their code, if you do that then you might lose your fund. Because by their code they are asking for fund, if you sign it fund would go to their address. So be careful about free airdrops.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
July 26, 2019, 01:39:38 PM
Any airdrop that doesn't go to all BTC holders would needs something from you.
Bitcoin Rhodium and Mimble Wimble Coin are a couple that I know of.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
July 26, 2019, 01:35:01 PM

It has been a while since I have joined an airdrop. From my experience, none of them has asked me to sign anything. Airdrops are supposed to be free and you do not need to send anything to them. Anyone asking you to send first are scams.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
July 26, 2019, 01:29:30 PM

Pages:
Jump to: