Pages:
Author

Topic: Are altcoins useless? - page 24. (Read 21971 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 10
April 22, 2019, 08:25:43 AM
Billion of money already deposited in lot of altcoins so its not useless for me. But many of tokens and altcoins that have been not have any volume is already useless for me and people not buying them anymore.
a billion is not an indicator for the cryptocurrency market, its capitalization will soon reach a trillion, so it will be interesting there, movement, heat, joy and disappointment
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
April 18, 2019, 01:55:28 PM
Altcoins are for the most part very profitable. Because if you are engaged in trading, then you can invest very profitably and it is very profitable to get money back. Therefore, I think that all this will be very profitable in any case.
Maybe some of them are not profitable coins but most of them are profitable,. Market is full of coins, as we can see there is bitcoin, ETH, ripple, and so many other altcoins, but I only prefer and I suggest all my friends to invest in bitcoin, for me bitcoin is the best coin and it has huge demand in market as well, so many people recently have become milliners  because of holding bitcoin.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
April 17, 2019, 11:25:55 AM
In the last few months I have been using DogeCoin if I need to quickly transfer funds from one exchange to another. Fast transactions, and about the Commission does not make sense to talk)) So limit yourself to those coins that were mentioned in the first message does not make sense.

DogeCoin is one of the best altcoins for the fast and cheap transactions. and it's only one example. many altcoins are used for some purposes.
It was the first thing that came to mind after reading this topic. And so you are right, there are a lot of projects, the same PundiX (in my opinion) is an excellent project with progressive development.
Activity: 350
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
April 17, 2019, 11:03:43 AM
Well  most altcoins that have been generated into the crypto kingdom are actually worthless now because most of them had no substantive use case which could be adapted into the real world where people would actually use their products to keep the value of their utility token regulated so that they don't get dumped when listed on exchanges.
copper member
Activity: 232
April 17, 2019, 11:01:36 AM
Now days we have more than 1 000 altcoins on the market. The question is, are people really using them? Frankly speaking only bitcoin, ethereum and monero are used for P2P payments. All others are used mainly for speculation purposes. Is it worth buying altcoins now days? I guess no, because all of them excluding tether are following bitcoin price chart.  I mean if bitcoin is going up or down, altcoins are doing same. (Tether is connected to US dollar rate and used mainly for arbitrage trading purposes) So do we really need altcoins? Regarding platforms, only ethereum is mainly used, and mostly for creating ERC tokens. All others, like waves, neo, etc are used very rarely. Monero is used mosly for shady deals because it is untraceable. (I doubt about that, because one dude who opened a shop on a dark web for selling drugs was cached by police last week. For communication he used 3 level protected VPN and was accepting payments only in monero) https://www.wired.com/story/monero-privacy/ You can read about dark web here. https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/dark-web-3593569/ days. The main question is: Do we really need altcoins? Or Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero are enough for crypto comunity this days?

Altcoins aren't useless. Maximum altcoins are good and well financial background, although you may find few shitcoins. This shitcoins may vanish but real and strong coins will worty.
Activity: 392
Merit: 27
April 17, 2019, 10:53:48 AM
Altcoins are for the most part very profitable. Because if you are engaged in trading, then you can invest very profitably and it is very profitable to get money back. Therefore, I think that all this will be very profitable in any case.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 17, 2019, 10:46:47 AM
There are altcoins really useless I totally agree with you.  But there are those that make a profit and you need to very carefully choose a coin because now there are a lot of scams.
Activity: 332
Merit: 22
Turkish Translator
April 17, 2019, 10:43:29 AM
That's a really funny question. It's embarrassing to discuss this issue here. To say that altcoins are dysfunctional is the same as saying that all countries in the world except America are unnecessary.
Activity: 405
Merit: 11
April 17, 2019, 10:04:31 AM
The number of altcoins is indeed very large but only potential altcoins are actively used by the players. Many altcoins are useless because technology is just a duplication of the previous altcoin. People actually use only a few altcoins and not all of them. Indeed, the technology carried by altcoins is what really determines the altcoin to get a position either on the market or not. If the presence of a new altcoin only adds to the garbage in the market, then the altcoin development team should think long term about a coin if they want to create the coin. For me, it's better to improve the technology of existing coins than to create new coins again because we will build people's trust from the beginning again.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
April 17, 2019, 09:55:01 AM
It depends on the coin usage and the ICO's working product. Some projects doesn't really need a blockchain to perform its function so some that are less promising doesn't get a full support from the crypto community. Another one is the working product, some investors are always expecting a profit after the altcoin listed on exchanges and some are utility tokens that really need to have a working product to be usable, saying that it was totally useless. If the ICO is good on those two factors its altcoin won't be useless since I have experienced many of the ICO that lack those. So as a fellow investor we should consider that two if we really want a fast profit but if you are willing to wait then disregard those.
Activity: 742
April 17, 2019, 09:13:56 AM
how do you say altcoins are useless? maybe those altcoins that you are talking about gives you profit Smiley... mostly good altcoins to invest are on the top 100 in cmc.. none of the altcoins are useless  Grin
Activity: 1056
Merit: 251
April 17, 2019, 08:58:02 AM
In general, I believe that it is the Altcoins that make a profit in the world of cryptocurrency.  If you think that Altcoins are useless, it means that you did not use those Altcoins.  It is necessary to choose correctly and then there will be a sense.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
April 17, 2019, 08:44:11 AM
Not all of them are useless we could see that there are still useful alt-coin out there.
And you could always visit the CMC to check the top 100 crypto .
It is a proof that not all of the alt-coin are useless and worthless.
Activity: 616
Merit: 18
📱CARTESI 📱INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
April 17, 2019, 08:38:40 AM
Yes you are right, most altcoins are useless but not all of them. There are too many altcoins in the market that brings real value with their product/technology. For example Ethereum, smart contracts are very important in the outside world, and many companies started on using that.
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
April 17, 2019, 08:36:24 AM
For me , altcoins are not useless. There is no useless in the crypto industry whether it is a coin or a token , for the reason that we may still make profits from them even there is not enough trading volume with them, if we try to trade them well, and their development team will try to manage them properly. Altcoins are the best option to make profits, we crypto users must not rely on bitcoin all the time, and it is also a good training are for new users.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
April 17, 2019, 07:28:44 AM
Many altcoins are useless but not in general. The first time i get into the world of cryptocurrency, my first portfolio was on altcoins which i sell back then to earn upto 3000$. Ethereum was my portfolio then and never regretted stay with the altcoin, so, not all will end useless.
Activity: 840
Merit: 40
April 17, 2019, 07:20:26 AM
I believe altcoins are equally important like bitcoin. Altcoins are cheaper to buy. It is not useless we have many good options in altcoins and we can not stick to the only limited altcoins for trading even it's good for the market and it depends on our analysis how we choose the altcoins.
Activity: 949
Merit: 517
April 17, 2019, 03:30:11 AM
Not at all. Generally speaking, majority of altcoins nowadays are really struggling in the market maybe because of its current condition. Also most of them have no clear goal and no specific users. But of course there are still some altcoins that are worth the look. It depends on its significant in the market, its goals, the developer, and the community that supports the coins. In order for the altcoin to be successful, there must be a group of potential customers that will use it.
well, basically each altcoin has their own project. useful or not, it depends on the type of coin you have. for me, some of the altcoins that I have of course have so many benefits. even I held back because some of them had great potential.
Consider this altcoins as different business entity, some are successful some are not, we don't generalized by saying
altcoins are useless because that is not true, a real investors knows the standing, maybe bitcoin is the most invested coin but altcoins has a share in the market.
Activity: 7
Merit: 1
April 17, 2019, 01:33:33 AM
There was a reason why the altcoin announcement, discussion and mining sections were created... they are not Bitcoin.

Read about the era's the altcoin scene has gone through and you will see most the comments in here are pretty accurate about taking something that works and adding it to something else to make it better.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
April 17, 2019, 01:31:04 AM
Not at all. Generally speaking, majority of altcoins nowadays are really struggling in the market maybe because of its current condition. Also most of them have no clear goal and no specific users. But of course there are still some altcoins that are worth the look. It depends on its significant in the market, its goals, the developer, and the community that supports the coins. In order for the altcoin to be successful, there must be a group of potential customers that will use it.
well, basically each altcoin has their own project. useful or not, it depends on the type of coin you have. for me, some of the altcoins that I have of course have so many benefits. even I held back because some of them had great potential.
Pages:
Jump to: