Pages:
Author

Topic: Are altcoins useless? - page 21. (Read 21971 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 103
May 01, 2019, 03:09:37 PM
No. Most of the altcoins are useless, but some of that were not useless as the most. Some of them can bring crypto more popular, famous, etc.

The guys, who made much money on the pump of some shitcoins will not agree with you. They are not useless when you use them at the right time. Later, you can sell these tokens and buy better stable altcoins.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
May 01, 2019, 12:57:19 PM
Not all altcoins are useless. there are so many altcoins almost as good like bitcoin. it depend on the project and usage of the coin.

Yes, there are altcoins that are used in daily basis. So, not all altcoins are useless but indeed there are so many coins that are worthless and can be called as dead coins because lack of development and support from the community.
this all depends on the type of altcoin we have. we know that there are so many types of altcoins nowadays with different objectives. when you see that the potential of an altcoin does not have benefits, you should avoid that, because right now there are still so many altcoins that have the benefits people need.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
May 01, 2019, 12:32:20 PM
Not all altcoins are useless. there are so many altcoins almost as good like bitcoin. it depend on the project and usage of the coin.

Yes, there are altcoins that are used in daily basis. So, not all altcoins are useless but indeed there are so many coins that are worthless and can be called as dead coins because lack of development and support from the community.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
May 01, 2019, 11:57:24 AM
most of the Altcoins in fact do not need much, and maximum -  money is spent on the hype, both by the creators of the project and by the traders.
Only a few Alts have good practices and a community, they move all cryptocurrency to the masses.
Activity: 152
Merit: 1
May 01, 2019, 11:34:03 AM
Activity: 518
May 01, 2019, 11:29:33 AM
Altcoins cannot be termed as useless. They have helped people awareness. Every Altcoin has a lively community contributing to the overall cryptocurrency market. Useless Altcoins would vanish off the market sooner or later. There are some Altcoins which perform against the Bitcoin usually.
I agree , there are many good altcoins , just need to monitor those who are developing very well , I think there's a great future to earn tembolee if you look at the eos tron xlm eth
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
May 01, 2019, 11:23:38 AM
No, I do not think that this is the right idea, because there are great opportunities for using these tokens. Probably the main problem is that today many teams that are still trying to develop all the same very slowly or not to lead it at all, that is, to deceive people.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
May 01, 2019, 09:56:17 AM
Billion of money already deposited in lot of altcoins so its not useless for me. But many of tokens and altcoins that have been not have any volume is already useless for me and people not buying them anymore.
Activity: 994
Merit: 260
April 28, 2019, 02:25:39 AM
Altcoins are needed in any quantity. And I do not mean speculation, but the fact that competition is the engine of progress. If the altcoins disappear, the developers of basic cryptocurrencies will make less effort to improve their developments.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
April 28, 2019, 02:10:12 AM
while to be connected to a real market, or economy, there is no point because the altcoin has not been used as any payment. but as an investment asset in the digital world, altcoin is very useful.
Activity: 644
Merit: 127
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 28, 2019, 01:41:35 AM
The main question is: Do we really need altcoins?

First of all, it was quite difficult to read your.. text. You should learn to format it, really.

Now, altcoins are not useless. They are at least a wonderful training ground for new ideas. Some of those ideas are incorporated into Bitcoin, some of those coins become used by themselves.
Maybe you know that Ethereum or Monero were not the first altcoins. Monero was not even the first cryptonote coin!

Also you are wrong about only BTC-ETH-XMR being accepted. There are other altcoins accepted here and there. Not so many, I know, still, more than nothing. So we have to give them a chance (of course, I talk here about the legit new coins, not about the useless forks or clones).

I think the main factor that determines if you can altcoins are useless is because, there are way too many altcoins nowadays, and to consider, there are altcoins that don't really have a value at this moment, in my opinion, that is only the altcoins that we can consider irrelevant or useless in some sense.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
April 28, 2019, 12:00:38 AM
Not all of them were useless,you can actually by something with altcoins and bitcoins in countries like Japan ad it has value as well so you can convert it into fiat and can buy anything you want to buy.
Activity: 403
Merit: 10
April 27, 2019, 10:17:17 PM
There are lots of projects that have been launch not all types of projects are what you say that are useless. because until now there are still so many projects that can be trusted. So we have not to think that the projects will not be successful at their ICO period dates because it has not happened, we must think more positively.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Glad to see you
April 27, 2019, 04:06:11 PM
Now a large number of coins.  And yes, I agree with you that a lot of really useless coins.  But there is even very much.  Focus on them and you will have a better mood.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Migranet ITO
April 27, 2019, 04:01:41 PM
No. Most of the altcoins are useless, but some of that were not useless as the most. Some of them can bring crypto more popular, famous, etc.
Yes. Most altcoins are not useless. They are going to be important and huge in the future to come. Only a few scam coins are rendered useless because they are scams!
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
April 27, 2019, 04:00:06 PM
Not all alts are useless. Some are good for trading to multiply your Btc through them.

Trading strategy is a lifetime journey. You have to be in it for the long haul. You will get rekt and lose all your money. So play with very little, maybe $100 for first few weeks or month at which point you will have lost it all probably.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
April 27, 2019, 03:31:22 PM
I believe in blockchain technology. It seems to me that some projects can really be useful to society. But it is possible that those projects that do not have a good and popular product will die.
Activity: 135
April 25, 2019, 07:38:18 AM
I don't think that all altcoins other than those from the top of the market are made for speculative purposes only. Many of them, like Dash or FuturoCoin, are made mostly for facilitating online transactions, and doing so is their main goal. But, sadly, many people see in crypto only a way of earning easy money, which doesn't help to make crypto more reliable in society
Activity: 2856
Merit: 674
April 25, 2019, 06:44:06 AM

Only a good product will guarantee a demand and success in the long run.

That's true but you need to find a a way to attract investors to know that your product is good.

Good marketing and price speculation will be effective only in a short-term period but won't allow the project to survive.

I agree that speculation only gives short term effect but good marketing is necessary not only in the short term but as long as the project exist.
There's no limit of adoption in your project, and the more the demand gets higher, the more the value will rise which will benefit the investors and the team behind the project.
Activity: 994
Merit: 501
April 25, 2019, 05:20:58 AM
new coins do also have the potential to succeed . ive witnessed alot of new coins on the past that became more succesful and they infact dethrone the older ones  . you must not under estimate newer coins meyt  .
it all depends on the development capabilities of the project. where we see a lot of altcoins that actually lose their trade in the market after a few years. it can be a trap for us.

Yes it is true that it all depends also on the team's performance behind the project if the team does its job well and continues to develop the product will continue to survive and strengthen in the market I think it will be like that.
Only a good product will guarantee a demand and success in the long run. Good marketing and price speculation will be effective only in a short-term period but won't allow the project to survive.
Pages:
Jump to: