Pages:
Author

Topic: Are altcoins useless? - page 19. (Read 21971 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 1
May 11, 2019, 08:08:37 AM
a lot of alt is just a simple repetition. they duplicate the code for Bitcoin. they bring many new people to the world of encryption. they are good for the market. but, i like to have truly innovative coins. they will drive the development of encryption.
Activity: 378
Merit: 4
May 11, 2019, 07:55:18 AM
i think they are useful. they are a test for the development of encryption. in the near future. A lot of good altcoins will work with many different industries. it is a process of gradual improvement.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 260
Trphy.io
May 11, 2019, 02:45:08 AM
of course we still need Altcoin in investment because Altcoin is still feasible to use and many people benefit from it. now the market conditions have improved and we need Altcoin or Bitcoin, Ethereum or Monero and there are still many other good coins for us to buy today. In essence, we will always always need Altcoin as additional income in trade or investment.
Activity: 777
Merit: 251
May 11, 2019, 02:10:58 AM
In the first place altcoins is not useless, it is very helpful to all community in crypto business, whether the market was bull or not, crypto can still able to give profit to any people or traders here. In fact, Crypto is like an opportunity when the price goes up it gives profit then when it goes down its gives savings for the future if you choose a good and potential altcoins.
Activity: 295
Merit: 1
May 11, 2019, 12:57:41 AM
I do not think so. alt was created to serve different areas. Building structure should be different alt. alt creators to compete with each other to promote development and creativity in blockchan
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
May 10, 2019, 11:12:57 PM
Not all of the altcoins are worthless or useless, some of them have new improvement and can be used more fast regarding confirmations, but despite of the improvement they have, the price does not fit to it.

Well, altcoins may have different technologies and features one from the other. However, most of them are useless since their purpose is nearly identical from other cryptocurrencies on the market. Right now, there are lots of smart contract platforms and DAG-based cryptocurrencies. While diversity is good to keep up with the competition, only a select few altcoins will be able to survive in a highly competitive market.

No matter how fast or cheap a cryptocurrency is in terms of fees, if it's not usable it'll be completely worthless. That's the case with most altcoins which become abandoned by their developers after a certain period. Other altcoins remain active in development and innovation, but they're not as highly adopted as other cryptocurrencies.

Still though, while most altcoins are useless there are some of them which are useful for micropayments and free transfers around the world. You just need to do your own research in order to determine which altcoin is the best for daily use.

Nonetheless, Bitcoin's Lightning Network may threaten the existence of most altcoins as we know it. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 316
Merit: 10
May 08, 2019, 11:11:13 PM
Not all of the altcoins are worthless or useless, some of them have new improvement and can be used more fast regarding confirmations, but despite of the improvement they have, the price does not fit to it.
legendary
May 08, 2019, 10:02:16 PM
Large global corporations create their own blockchains to regulate their internal processes, which means that all blockchains we currently have may be of little interest to one degree or another in the future.

That's certainly true, mate. At one extent, most altcoins will become useless in the future as they'll be unable to meet with usability for the mainstream world. Nowadays, it's possible to test and deploy private Blockchain solutions for businesses and companies. There will be no need for most altcoins because of this. With hundreds of them available across the market, it's impossible to keep track of each one of them.

As such, only a select few altcoins are useful for the mainstream world. Among those altcoins we have Ethereum, Monero, and Litecoin. Ethereum is extremely useful for token issuance, and decentralized applications. On the other hand, Monero is useful for hardened privacy over one's transactions. And lastly, Litecoin is useful as a cryptocurrency for quick, and inexpensive payments.

Nonetheless, many altcoins come and go, but only those which are capable of being active in development and innovation will most likely succeed in the future. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 276
May 08, 2019, 06:06:29 PM
More people are using altcoins than you ever imagined. Try getting into a group of crypto traders, you will realize that most of their trades are on altcoins and not bitcoin. Bitcoin is mainly an investment for long term.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
May 08, 2019, 10:54:32 AM
It can be said that there are too many altcoins that are useless, I'm sure because competition that is too tight makes many altcoins die, there are no real products that certainly make altcoins prone to be a scam.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
May 08, 2019, 09:48:55 AM
There are not enough arguments to think about the profitability of investments on altcoins. Altcoins are made by the projects in order to keep running the system and fill the gaps with this tokens.
Activity: 560
May 08, 2019, 09:34:05 AM
If altcoins are useless why does people making an big investment for these kind of coins?
For sure lot of people always earning and lossing in altcoins but it will depends on their experience to make some money.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
May 04, 2019, 09:19:37 AM
No, many altcoins have good abilities. Many altcoin developers support their coin development.
But when compared to the total outstanding, there are still a lot of shitcoin and coins that are not valuable.
We only need to choose the right coin to make an investment. Investing in Altcoin has good potential to make a profit.
I know that there are many projects and altcoin being a scam, but don't generalize that every altcoin is worthless and shit. you're right, many of them have reliable developers, with good and innovative projects. many altcoins have potential, don't turn your blind eye just because some altcoins are scams..
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
May 04, 2019, 08:19:16 AM
No, many altcoins have good abilities. Many altcoin developers support their coin development.
But when compared to the total outstanding, there are still a lot of shitcoin and coins that are not valuable.
We only need to choose the right coin to make an investment. Investing in Altcoin has good potential to make a profit.

A lot shitcoin but i think a lot good and legit altcoin and worth to invest for long term. Ethereum for an example, its good for bussiness and used by most token in market. Many good altcoin and worth to invest and could compete with bitcoin in the future

Indeed, a lot shitcoin but it doesnt mean all coin are not worth to hold. There is a lot altcoin worth to invest and hold for long term and i think altcoin like WAN, ICX, or ELA is worth to buy and hold for long term. I am believe many altcoin beside those three are legit and profitable coin. What we should do before make investment is always doing research on the project and developers team
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
May 04, 2019, 07:48:01 AM
Large global corporations create their own blockchains to regulate their internal processes, which means that all blockchains we currently have may be of little interest to one degree or another in the future.

Activity: 840
May 03, 2019, 08:51:56 PM

A lot shitcoin but i think a lot good and legit altcoin and worth to invest for long term. Ethereum for an example, its good for bussiness and used by most token in market. Many good altcoin and worth to invest and could compete with bitcoin in the future
legendary
May 03, 2019, 08:41:46 PM
Altcoins are needed in any quantity. And I do not mean speculation, but the fact that competition is the engine of progress. If the altcoins disappear, the developers of basic cryptocurrencies will make less effort to improve their developments.

Exactly. There needs to be diversity in the crypto space for Blockchain technology to mature. If Bitcoin were the only cryptocurrency in existence, things would've been worse since network load will be a lot higher than what it is right now (not to mention, development will only be focused in a specific area). With altcoins, new features can be experimented with, while at the same time, the network load would be lower on the main Bitcoin blockchain.

The competitive nature of cryptocurrencies will largely benefit Blockchain technology in every way possible. Now that we have hundreds of altcoins on the market each with their own unique features, people can choose one from the other. The emergence of fee-less and privacy-focused cryptocurrencies, will make things more interesting in crypto land.

Nonetheless, most altcoins are useless these days since they're quick money grabs by their developers. Only a select few altcoins with active development and innovation (like Ethereum and Cardano), are quite useful for the mainstream world. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
May 03, 2019, 07:57:29 PM
Some developers try to create coins that can be used,  most especially for shopping, but some of them are seen not to last long, why because the adoption is very low.
Lot's are the altcoins are just meant to enrich the developers, who leave and abandon them after they might have got what they wanted. This then affect other coins that would have been very useful, but got dejected and rendered useless due to the previous encounters.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
May 03, 2019, 06:57:00 PM
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
May 03, 2019, 06:32:21 PM
Many altcoins are useless, we're not going to lie. They are the effect of projects having an unclear vision and understanding of the space as well as a lack in experience and ability to get things done. Many might have potential in the idea, but in the end it's about having a great product that solves a real problem and then having a community behind it!

If you want to learn more about altcoins, we are building a great community in which people share their views and ask questions everyday so that we can all challenge ourselves and grow.

We also host quizzes which are fun and friendly events during which our members can win hundreds of dollars in listed tokens! Check it out Wink

🚨 More giveaways coming. And this time, you won't believe it... You'll have an opportunity to win tokens of an IEO! 🚨

👊 This is the first quiz for an IEO in the history of crypto and we are very honored to pioneer it and get to claim this milestone! You know we bring you the best.

🔥🔥 Evedo Quiz on Saturday 4th of May 🔥🔥

ℹ️ Evedo is a blockchain based platform, consisting of B2B & B2C Marketplaces. It unifies all businesses and participants involved in organizing events. Their aim is to build a marketplace and a true ecosystem that will help the $850+ Billion event industry grow by connecting all parties without unnecessary middlemen.

🚀 When you think about how hard it is to organize an event with so many parties involved: ground planning for permits, booking agents, artist management, stage construction, stage lighting, electricity, beverage companies, emergency services and security services just to name a few... Then you begin to understand why Evedo can help smooth out this strenuous process 😉

💰 Research the project and compete to win 1 ETH worth of tokens per question!

✅ There will be between 5 and 8 questions. The best answers will be selected by the team.

🌐 Evedo's website (https://www.evedo.co/) 🌐 

💬 Join their Telegram group (https://t.me/evedoco) to learn more about the project.

🕑 The quiz will start in GAINS Quizzes (https://t.me/GainsQuizzes) Saturday the 4th of May at 18h UTC+2.

😎 Do your research 📚 and see you there for a fun event! May the best win 🏆

🔹Another day, another opportunity to win hundreds of dollars worth of tokens with GAINS.

This is all real, no scam. We've been thriving with our amazing community for nearly a year and a half now. Come check it out.
Main channels:
Telegram Community - https://t.me/GainsChat
Telegram Announcements - https://t.me/GainsANN
Telegram Quizzes - https://t.me/GainsQuizzes
Twitter - https://twitter.com/GainsAssociates
Discord - Discord - https://discord.gg/WebCxR3
Pages:
Jump to: