Pages:
Author

Topic: Are altcoins useless? - page 36. (Read 21971 times)

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166
March 18, 2019, 07:35:58 AM
Altcoins are similar to startup companies. There are always many competing in the same market sector. Some will be successful while some will fail.

If they have a product that they sell, yes, if it's just a coin I don't know. It is hard to compare it to a start up then.
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
March 18, 2019, 06:59:32 AM
They are not useless and the majority of our community will understand it in the nearest future, when altcoins will show their whole potential. Just give the market some time to recover and in the meantime collect the most perspective altcoins.
Activity: 700
Merit: 136
March 17, 2019, 08:49:52 PM
Altcoins are similar to startup companies. There are always many competing in the same market sector. Some will be successful while some will fail.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
March 17, 2019, 08:45:11 PM
Purpose of each altcoin is different,  others token as utility token and others as securities token. Many altcoin has partnership with big company like Theta,  Enjin,  LTC and more,  so altcoin is give benefits to the different industry.
Activity: 257
March 17, 2019, 07:45:45 PM
No, it is not useless for sure. Many altcoins are using in crypto payment, people are trading with them and making money and therefore many altcoins has real-life adaption. So, altcoin is not useless but not every altcoin is good, rather a very few like 100 to 200 altcoins are good enough and others are not useful except some pump and dump scheme!
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
March 17, 2019, 07:26:42 PM
There are more than 2k altcoins and they are not useless. They represent different ideas and not all of them are successfully implemented. Many of them are copycats, scam projects but competition is good and the market will decide which ones deserve to be successful.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
March 17, 2019, 07:20:49 PM
Every altcoin must have its own product, so making altcoins more useful, so everything depends on the marketing done by teams and coin developers because with the various altcoins that are currently available they come from various countries and we certainly cannot judge that coins are useless.
every altcoin does have to have its own product, so they have use so that it attracts people to buy it, developers must continue to work hard and make marketing strategies so that altcoin has value and is used by many people, many altcoins are useless on the market, but we cannot conclude that all altcoins are useless
Activity: 921
March 17, 2019, 06:22:39 PM
Now the cryptocurrency market already has a lot of coins, so I think that most of them are just not needed by anyone and therefore useless.
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
March 17, 2019, 06:06:03 PM
I earned most of my current money on altcoins. For they grow the fastest and you can increase your capital several times. The main thing is not to risk much and invest in reliable altcoins. For example, in the Altcoins from the top 50 list.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Migranet ITO
March 17, 2019, 05:51:16 PM
What you are calling useless altcoins I call the future of the overall economy. This is what we are going to use in the future to cut costs.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247
March 17, 2019, 05:40:30 PM
Most 'utility-tokens' are only a tool to raise funds.
And in most cases, the ''utility'' is only for the access to a future product or service.

So yes, most of them probably become useless over time.
Activity: 459
Merit: 251
March 17, 2019, 05:00:28 PM
No, not all altcoins are useless, some of them have new features and can be used more fast regarding confirmations, but if we look at the price not look good.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 17, 2019, 04:51:45 PM
In most cases yes - altcoins are useless but today they can act as testing zone for scalability, privacy, smart contracts etc. All the best features will be implemented into the biggest names (like BTC and ETH).
Activity: 1862
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
March 17, 2019, 04:23:06 PM
Every altcoin must have its own product, so making altcoins more useful, so everything depends on the marketing done by teams and coin developers because with the various altcoins that are currently available they come from various countries and we certainly cannot judge that coins are useless.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
March 17, 2019, 03:41:30 PM
Yep they are.

I mean let's don't be that cruel and say %99 of the useless. That is also the reason why the market is bad. Too much money spend in return of nothing.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5
March 17, 2019, 03:34:00 PM
From the look of things, many altcoins are useless, have no value whatsoever. On the other hand, there are good altcoins too, aiming to disrupt this current era. One indeed have to be careful before investing.
Activity: 336
March 17, 2019, 03:31:59 PM
Most altcoins are only tools for speculative trading. Some of them are used once, for one pump and then sold and go to zero for a long time until they die.
Activity: 868
Merit: 16
March 17, 2019, 03:27:05 PM
First of all, any altcoin is a project where real people work, unfortunately not all projects can fully realize themselves, but I am sure that altcoins are part of the crypto world, and without them there is no industry.
What kind industry that you means? without altcoin cryptocurrency will still exist even I think one of the reason many people leave cryptocurrency because of altcoin. How many people that have been scammed by ICO project? How many investors that meet lose because they choose shitcoin for investing? I think it's much.
Activity: 479
Merit: 100
Enter the future of gaming
March 17, 2019, 02:53:20 PM
I read too many altcoins, no matter how many they are, an integral part of the cryptoindustry, in any case, all the coins, and the projects behind them - improve the world.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166
March 17, 2019, 02:46:40 PM
No, altcoins are not useless. To me, the only useless altcoins are ones which don't have any tangible thing to offer. So far an altcoin is solving a pressing issue, then it is valuable or with time will be valuable (that is, if it is an upcoming project).

But to be honest most of the altcoins don't solve a pressing issue and will therefore be wiped out.
Pages:
Jump to: