Pages:
Author

Topic: Are altcoins useless? - page 38. (Read 21971 times)

Activity: 242
Merit: 7
March 17, 2019, 08:41:58 AM
They used to be useless when they were copy+paste from Bitcoin with no original functionality, and Bitcoin itself was stable for transacting. Litecoin is an example of such shitcoin that made it for more than half a decade, the rest are not being mined.
Nowadays alts provide more utility than Bitcoin, and Bitcoin is stuttering when there's many people trying to use it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
March 17, 2019, 08:39:08 AM
No, they are not. Some have better use cases, real life applications and more scalable than bitcoin. Even the most recognised altcoin called ethereum is an accepted form of payment alongside bitcoin on Coinbase
maybe its only less than 5 percents from total altcoin in cryptocurrency market.and most of them useless, their have no plann about adoption for their tokens / coins.personally i will not buy this coins.
Activity: 812
March 17, 2019, 08:36:10 AM
No, they are not. Some have better use cases, real life applications and more scalable than bitcoin. Even the most recognised altcoin called ethereum is an accepted form of payment alongside bitcoin on Coinbase
Activity: 728
Merit: 100
March 17, 2019, 08:15:16 AM
Altcoin is still useful but not all is useful because most altcoins are not much different from previous altcoins. Many altcoins don't display their innovations. Therefore, I can predict that not everyone uses all of these altcoins. Only potential coins, especially top 10 coins that are truly beneficial in the long run. We really need altcoins, but potential altcoins. Not all of our altcoins are needed. If there is already an all-round altcoin, then there is no need for another altcoin.
Activity: 826
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 17, 2019, 08:00:51 AM
I don't think that altcoins are useless. Cause without bit coin every coin in the market is a altcoins. I know there is lots of altcoins which is nothing but a scam or failed project. But there is a lots of project which came with some great ideas. And they are portraying it very carefully. So I think that in this market there is a lots of project which is good and making this space better. And if you think it about investment then they are also good. Cause in bullrun alts  give really good profit.
Activity: 292
Merit: 10
Harmony for One and All
March 17, 2019, 07:41:22 AM
I think some altcoins are really useless but, some of them can still be used well and the best also now the increase in some altcoins makes a lot of people happy about the altcoin because, they think it's very useful later there will be many projects that use altcoin therefore altcoin isn't completely useless.
Activity: 899
Merit: 101
March 17, 2019, 06:54:43 AM
I strongly disagree with you, not all altcoin is useless because there are  still some altcoin that is a great  investment for when you have in your pofolio, the current price may not be encourage now but with time it will looks as if you won lottery when it moon.
Not all Altcoin are useless, there are still many Altcoin that can benefit us all, if we can manage well so we have good opportunities.
many of us can get good results from Altcoin, and they can get rich because they get it.
so it depends on what coin, and we have to choose the right one and not choose the wrong one.
altcoin amount in cryptocurrency market was very much.and it could make us in trouble when we want choose one of them.need special skills to analize it and our experience will taje a role in this,
Activity: 308
March 17, 2019, 06:45:07 AM
I strongly disagree with you, not all altcoin is useless because there are  still some altcoin that is a great  investment for when you have in your pofolio, the current price may not be encourage now but with time it will looks as if you won lottery when it moon.
Not all Altcoin are useless, there are still many Altcoin that can benefit us all, if we can manage well so we have good opportunities.
many of us can get good results from Altcoin, and they can get rich because they get it.
so it depends on what coin, and we have to choose the right one and not choose the wrong one.
Activity: 156
Merit: 2
March 17, 2019, 06:00:47 AM
Activity: 714
March 17, 2019, 05:58:53 AM
Now days we have more than 1 000 altcoins on the market. The question is, are people really using them? Frankly speaking only bitcoin, ethereum and monero are used for P2P payments. All others are used mainly for speculation purposes. Is it worth buying altcoins now days? I guess no, because all of them excluding tether are following bitcoin price chart.  I mean if bitcoin is going up or down, altcoins are doing same. (Tether is connected to US dollar rate and used mainly for arbitrage trading purposes) So do we really need altcoins? Regarding platforms, only ethereum is mainly used, and mostly for creating ERC tokens. All others, like waves, neo, etc are used very rarely. Monero is used mosly for shady deals because it is untraceable. (I doubt about that, because one dude who opened a shop on a dark web for selling drugs was cached by police last week. For communication he used 3 level protected VPN and was accepting payments only in monero) https://www.wired.com/story/monero-privacy/ You can read about dark web here. https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/dark-web-3593569/ days. The main question is: Do we really need altcoins? Or Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero are enough for crypto comunity this days?

Your assertions are not entirely true because not all altcoins are useless. Some are more technically advanced in architecture and utility than others and I have bought services using xlm on seomarket  before.
Activity: 532
March 17, 2019, 05:56:07 AM
 I think an electronic money market is not just for big altcoins. A true market will always be competitive and that makes the market become more diversified and create more choices for investors.
Our world has more than 7 billion people and let creativity be developed. someday, there will be someone good enough to be able to overthrow ETH or even it is Bitcoin Wink
Activity: 1792
Merit: 255
March 17, 2019, 05:43:57 AM
Wrong, in my opinion there are lots of altcoins that are good and worthy of being used to replace cash transactions, I'm sure because the government's closed crypto closed attitude makes development difficult.
Activity: 476
March 17, 2019, 05:40:17 AM
Some of the altokoin on the market are really useless, but there are working and correct altcoins that make sense. 
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
March 17, 2019, 04:18:36 AM
It is a big mistake if we understand that altcoin is useless because the altcoin also arouses market passion and also more and more people know bitcoin as a peak but altcoin remains important

If you have best of the altcoins then you do need to worry as this will help you to build a great value for your portfolio in coming months. So if you think it will have a great future than do hold it else many such coins will become worthless as well in coming months.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 258
1xbit.com
March 17, 2019, 03:38:23 AM
It is a big mistake if we understand that altcoin is useless because the altcoin also arouses market passion and also more and more people know bitcoin as a peak but altcoin remains important
Activity: 2184
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
March 17, 2019, 03:26:33 AM
For healthy competition we need several coins. We can not trade easily with just 4-5 major coins so I won't say altcoins are useless. Apart from top coins there are several other high potential coins that has good trading volume to trade. Technology improves by the time it happens only when new altcoins will be launch in the crypto market we never know which altcoin will be huge in coming months every coin has diff diff vision. Its not guaranteed that every altcoin will be useful so some altcoins will diminish as well.
copper member
Activity: 193
Merit: 1
$martFund
March 17, 2019, 02:51:34 AM
Altcoins are not useless please, it's because of these altcoins that the crypto economy keeps advancing and penetrating into different areas of the world especially those with real world application
Activity: 588
Minter
March 17, 2019, 01:57:08 AM
I believe that you need those Altcoins who provide a completely new technology. Who have a real use and not just for show.
Activity: 949
Merit: 517
March 17, 2019, 12:00:34 AM
It depends. Some projects needed coins in order to work for example is a utility token but that token can be used in order to use the service of a certain project. The thing is that the altcoin itself are not the useless but the 1000+ projects people are not buying the tokens because they don't know where they're going to use it.

All of this thoughts are according to my own opinion and experience here in the cryptocurrency industry.
this makes more sense, most people don't buy because they don't know what the coin or token is used for? whereas so far, these coins / tokens have only been traded in their own markets.
They will know if they will study what the coins can offer.

There is no reason on investing if you don't know what you are buying, at least you need that for the future.
Not all coins who have a good value now will remain its good value, sometimes it dump and only when you understand
the coins and you believe on them will make you hold longer.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
March 16, 2019, 11:55:20 PM
It depends. Some projects needed coins in order to work for example is a utility token but that token can be used in order to use the service of a certain project. The thing is that the altcoin itself are not the useless but the 1000+ projects people are not buying the tokens because they don't know where they're going to use it.

All of this thoughts are according to my own opinion and experience here in the cryptocurrency industry.

I am agree, its depend on the project. Project like ethereum is useful because with smart contract, any bussiness can adopt blockchain technology and make bussiness more eficient. I think many altcoin beside ethereum useful and it will change bussiness face in the future
Pages:
Jump to: