Pages:
Author

Topic: Are altcoins useless? - page 37. (Read 21971 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 106
March 17, 2019, 02:27:18 PM
First of all, any altcoin is a project where real people work, unfortunately not all projects can fully realize themselves, but I am sure that altcoins are part of the crypto world, and without them there is no industry.
Activity: 925
Merit: 100
March 17, 2019, 02:07:23 PM
No, altcoins are not useless. To me, the only useless altcoins are ones which don't have any tangible thing to offer. So far an altcoin is solving a pressing issue, then it is valuable or with time will be valuable (that is, if it is an upcoming project).
Activity: 355
Merit: 28
March 17, 2019, 02:03:36 PM
If altcoin is really useful, then we need it. That is, if the project has a real application, then it has the right to exist. If the project is made only to collect money such projects are not needed.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
March 17, 2019, 12:45:10 PM
Many projects definitely today have nothing good and nothing of what they were able to plan for today. I think that there are a very large number of users who probably understand this.
Activity: 546
Merit: 13
March 17, 2019, 12:38:12 PM
Years, 90% of alts are useless, because their creators only wanted to raise money and do nothing later, so that their prices are very low.
Activity: 1176
Vave.com
March 17, 2019, 11:50:11 AM
the use with the customs of functionality as the utility token on helps as referring notables on query with extensive on work with the switches of algorithm to gives as investors gains as the work on arbitrage exchange and more on use with the real manage on plan on table with the finance as the work with the developer on attaining field of market of the crypto archipelago.

Activity: 546
March 17, 2019, 11:28:58 AM
Most altcoin does not really show its true value in this market, perhaps only Ethereum is altcoin that is commonly used so I often prioritize investing in Ethereum over other altcoin.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
March 17, 2019, 11:15:34 AM
It seems to me that altcoins are not useless.
But people don't need it for now. Some altcoins has really good idea. It may has good product or something else. But we don't need it. We need only profit from investment from this project.
Problem is not altcoins. Problem is how we use it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
March 17, 2019, 10:38:25 AM
Not quite surprises if most of our altcoins were absolutely useless. There are so many altcoins which turn to shitcoin with no supporters around
Activity: 700
March 17, 2019, 10:36:32 AM
Most altcoins look useless, there are no products in real and just like collections, but I'm happy because a lot of devs. who want to make altcoins useful for direct use such as debit or credit card.
It will be a challenge to attract developers of user crypto on the real world. We know there is not even any one country in the world whose citizens 100% using crypto. so far we only know the extent of the community fight crypto only.
that is because not every shop for the country that has legalized it facilitates payment using crypto. and I think cryptocurrency is not just bitcoin, we can choose altcoin as payment
Activity: 280
Merit: 14
March 17, 2019, 10:36:09 AM
It's no news to know altcoins has gotten a bad name most investors seems to be avoiding altcoins in preference for bitcoin but I would boldly say that there some altcoins that are great
Xrp ripple
Ethereum
Monero
Ada cardano
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
March 17, 2019, 10:31:10 AM
That is true that we have lot of altcoin in crypto space now with lot of useless utility among them but yet we still have lot more that has a very significant useful product which gives joy at last so I will advice everyone to select carefully any alts they want to invest in before putting your funds for safety reason.
These are the coins that people will just pump and dump and that's it. Majority of them are just being used to make money and nothing else. That's why hundreds, if not thousands, of coins are being released everyday and within few months you will no longer see them in the market because the devs has abandoned thw project after making money with it, even the investors will dump it on those who are not fast enough to sell theirs.

The question is, are people really using them? Frankly speaking only bitcoin, ethereum and monero are used for P2P payments. All others are used mainly for speculation purposes. Is it worth buying altcoins now days? I guess no
Majority of them are useless and you shouldn't be going for all of them. There are good coins and Ethereum is the number one when we talk about altcoins. A lot of people trust Ethereum more than they do Bitcoin. There are lots of features that makes Ethereum to seem better than Bitcoin, and that's the reason it's been called the smart contract platform.
Activity: 616
March 17, 2019, 09:45:43 AM
No, they are absolutely useful. But only for trade. They have no uses rather than trading on it exchange.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 101
March 17, 2019, 09:36:37 AM
Most altcoins look useless, there are no products in real and just like collections, but I'm happy because a lot of devs. who want to make altcoins useful for direct use such as debit or credit card.
It will be a challenge to attract developers of user crypto on the real world. We know there is not even any one country in the world whose citizens 100% using crypto. so far we only know the extent of the community fight crypto only.
Activity: 868
Merit: 104
March 17, 2019, 09:29:08 AM
I think main purpose of altcoins is not their use anywhere but these are used as asset value like any other stock. An altcoin is the reflection of any project If a project goes well value of that altcoin is supposed to increase. Also an altcoin is a way to discounted price on its parent website/app service, rest not all altcoins are accepted at retail counters. Investors invest in any project with the hope to increase his investment and that is the main purpose of altcoin existence, any new project can perform well and its coin value can increase many folds.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 255
March 17, 2019, 09:26:40 AM
Activity: 840
Merit: 250
March 17, 2019, 09:25:11 AM
if there are people who say altcoin is useless it is wrong because with the altcoin we can get income if bitcoin experiences a decline and to find income is difficult. so the altcoin is very useful for traders and investors
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
March 17, 2019, 09:14:01 AM
Wrong, in my opinion there are lots of altcoins that are good and worthy of being used to replace cash transactions, I'm sure because the government's closed crypto closed attitude makes development difficult.

for me the altcoin still has a bright future. although the altcoin news is still so bad now. we must believe that the altcoin market will continue to grow. so don't give up on current developments that have happened for quite a long time. so it's better that we have to have a good view of the development of altcoins.
Activity: 770
Merit: 251
MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS
March 17, 2019, 09:05:46 AM
Now days we have more than 1 000 altcoins on the market. The question is, are people really using them? Frankly speaking only bitcoin, ethereum and monero are used for P2P payments. All others are used mainly for speculation purposes. Is it worth buying altcoins now days? I guess no, because all of them excluding tether are following bitcoin price chart.  I mean if bitcoin is going up or down, altcoins are doing same. (Tether is connected to US dollar rate and used mainly for arbitrage trading purposes) So do we really need altcoins? Regarding platforms, only ethereum is mainly used, and mostly for creating ERC tokens. All others, like waves, neo, etc are used very rarely. Monero is used mosly for shady deals because it is untraceable. (I doubt about that, because one dude who opened a shop on a dark web for selling drugs was cached by police last week. For communication he used 3 level protected VPN and was accepting payments only in monero) https://www.wired.com/story/monero-privacy/ You can read about dark web here. https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/dark-web-3593569/ days. The main question is: Do we really need altcoins? Or Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero are enough for crypto comunity this days?

You're right but only partially because many of the altcoins have value as utility tokens. And some gives you profit and dividends like security tokens. Every type of these altcoins do have a value for the owner. The only question is the level of this value, in some cases it is more in others it is less. Personally I have a lot of altcoins (ERC-20) in my portfolio because I do believe that when the market growth begins in 2019-2020 these coins will give me maximum profit as they already did in 2017.
Activity: 994
Merit: 101
March 17, 2019, 08:46:59 AM
Altcoin is still useful but not all is useful because most altcoins are not much different from previous altcoins. Many altcoins don't display their innovations. Therefore, I can predict that not everyone uses all of these altcoins. Only potential coins, especially top 10 coins that are truly beneficial in the long run. We really need altcoins, but potential altcoins. Not all of our altcoins are needed. If there is already an all-round altcoin, then there is no need for another altcoin.

Unfortunately until now there are no clear and strict rules regarding crypto usage, this makes crypto difficult to use for transactions directly such as cash or debit cards, I hope regulation will be realized soon.
Pages:
Jump to: