Pages:
Author

Topic: Are altcoins useless? - page 48. (Read 21971 times)

Activity: 593
Merit: 100
BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange
February 12, 2019, 06:45:13 PM
We need Altcoin because Altcoin will always compete for development so its price will change regularly. Do you want your money in Altcoin to increase multiple times after a night? Altcoin is excellent, and it needs to be taken care of by traders.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
February 12, 2019, 06:44:53 PM
For me some of them does have some usage.
But it is true that mostly are garbage or will just be used for their own company and nothing more.

Maybe we need those projects that could connect bitcoin to people specially in rural places. Something that will male it easier for them to understand the nature of crypto currencies and how to get in and out with just basic friendly user interface or a device.
Activity: 638
Merit: 118
February 12, 2019, 06:38:35 PM
Most of the altcoins are useless, but not every! Some altcoins are leading the crypto market after Bitcoin. Crypto market have more than 2000 Altcoins active at this moment, but only 200-300 coins are active in trading, other coins have a very poor volume. Without altcoins, the crypto market won't able to reach to everyone. So, altcoins are not useless, dead, scam, fake, shit altcoins are useless.
Activity: 700
Merit: 117
February 12, 2019, 06:30:06 PM
Altcoins are not uselsss, even though only about 30% has a use case in real life
But they are still under development

For example, mixin has a running product
Iagon mining is up

Amongst other examples
You are right, some of them were usable today and some of them were just developing but we can certainly denied that mostly of them were just nothing to give into the community. Some of us were still holding shit coins and hoping for being valuable in the market soon but it looks like there is no possibility for that and we might just be hopeless.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
February 12, 2019, 06:26:21 PM
The main question is: Do we really need altcoins?

First of all, it was quite difficult to read your.. text. You should learn to format it, really.

Now, altcoins are not useless. They are at least a wonderful training ground for new ideas. Some of those ideas are incorporated into Bitcoin, some of those coins become used by themselves.
Maybe you know that Ethereum or Monero were not the first altcoins. Monero was not even the first cryptonote coin!

Also you are wrong about only BTC-ETH-XMR being accepted. There are other altcoins accepted here and there. Not so many, I know, still, more than nothing. So we have to give them a chance (of course, I talk here about the legit new coins, not about the useless forks or clones).

There are altcoins created to serve within their ecosystem and be their payment system. The ecommerce industry alone is a trillion-dollar industry. So there are sufficient rooms for every project to explore this area. But the truth is, very few projects are genuine to the core. In short, we still need altcoins just make sure that you are dealing the authentic ones.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
February 12, 2019, 06:25:57 PM
today, almost 95% of all coins in the crypto-currency market are worth nothing and I am sure that in the future they will not change because the projects do not work for the long term, but there are projects that have a good idea and a team and they will be very promising in the future
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
February 12, 2019, 06:13:09 PM
Altcoins are not uselsss, even though only about 30% has a use case in real life
But they are still under development

For example, mixin has a running product
Iagon mining is up

Amongst other examples
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
February 12, 2019, 05:29:13 PM
Too early to say altcoins are useless. We are still in the phase of innovators or early adopters. When we get to early majority phase, you can already weed out the useless ones.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
February 12, 2019, 05:26:37 PM
Too wrong opinion. You say altcoins are useless, but Ethereum is altcoin, isn't it? Before you make such a statement, check the information that you have. And about other altcoins, they just need time to implement and distribute.
Activity: 311
February 12, 2019, 02:48:40 PM
A lot of altcoins are useless at the moment because they do not have released their products yet. I am sure as soon as we will see a lot of decentralised products that would be competitive with their centralised alternatives altcoins will increase their value.
Activity: 287
February 12, 2019, 01:40:53 PM
Yes you are right some altcoins are useless because they have been abandoned by the developer. But not all altcoins are useless, some altcoins have good potential in the future. I just remind you, don't buy altcoins that have been abandoned by the developer.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
February 12, 2019, 01:10:56 PM
Altcoins are not useless, and most of them are not ready for active normal use. Little time has passed to optimize their quantity and quality for ideological reasons. They must become necessary and demanded in real life.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
February 12, 2019, 01:08:57 PM
There are projects where it is impossible to use the application/infrastructure without using their token. So if a person needs this software, he will be forced to purchase tokens.
Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
February 12, 2019, 12:58:34 PM
At the moment they have practically no value anymore. And most of them died forever.
Perhaps some of them will resurrect.
Activity: 320
Merit: 17
free space pm if interessed
February 12, 2019, 12:51:23 PM
instead the altcoins are very useful through the icos and through the trading make us earn and anyway can be changed if it is need in btc
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
February 12, 2019, 12:50:07 PM
Now days we have more than 1 000 altcoins on the market. The question is, are people really using them? Frankly speaking only bitcoin, ethereum and monero are used for P2P payments. All others are used mainly for speculation purposes. Is it worth buying altcoins now days? I guess no, because all of them excluding tether are following bitcoin price chart.  I mean if bitcoin is going up or down, altcoins are doing same. (Tether is connected to US dollar rate and used mainly for arbitrage trading purposes) So do we really need altcoins? Regarding platforms, only ethereum is mainly used, and mostly for creating ERC tokens. All others, like waves, neo, etc are used very rarely. Monero is used mosly for shady deals because it is untraceable. (I doubt about that, because one dude who opened a shop on a dark web for selling drugs was cached by police last week. For communication he used 3 level protected VPN and was accepting payments only in monero) https://www.wired.com/story/monero-privacy/ You can read about dark web here. https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/dark-web-3593569/ days. The main question is: Do we really need altcoins? Or Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero are enough for crypto comunity this days?

I tend to believe that we need only few crypto projects plus some reliable stablecoin. The only purpose of such a great variety of altcoins today is evolution. There just must be a lot of species, because only this way can bring us to progress. Some alt implement one protocol, another alt proposes some innovation and the technology race is active.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
February 12, 2019, 12:45:05 PM
Almost all of the altcoins are shitcoin and there are no use of these coins. You already have mentioned the most 3 used cryptocurrency. Other than those, some altcoins are putting some importance into real life usages which may be worthy to invest in.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
HELENA
February 12, 2019, 12:43:35 PM
Now days we have more than 1 000 altcoins on the market. The question is, are people really using them? Frankly speaking only bitcoin, ethereum and monero are used for P2P payments. All others are used mainly for speculation purposes. Is it worth buying altcoins now days? I guess no, because all of them excluding tether are following bitcoin price chart.  I mean if bitcoin is going up or down, altcoins are doing same. (Tether is connected to US dollar rate and used mainly for arbitrage trading purposes) So do we really need altcoins? Regarding platforms, only ethereum is mainly used, and mostly for creating ERC tokens. All others, like waves, neo, etc are used very rarely. Monero is used mosly for shady deals because it is untraceable. (I doubt about that, because one dude who opened a shop on a dark web for selling drugs was cached by police last week. For communication he used 3 level protected VPN and was accepting payments only in monero) https://www.wired.com/story/monero-privacy/ You can read about dark web here. https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/dark-web-3593569/ days. The main question is: Do we really need altcoins? Or Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero are enough for crypto comunity this days?

I don't think it's about enough or not. blockchain is open source technology, it is not normal for many teams to develop. so we can't think of crypto only for ethereum, bitcoin and other old coins. sooner or later the coins will increase and because of this growth can occur.
Activity: 910
Merit: 505
February 12, 2019, 12:38:56 PM
yup majority of them are useless there are just developed to earn money and no genuine usage,many coin are payment based coin which i think is just scam strategies as we do not need so many coin for payment.whereas some of the altcoin are good project i would say better than main stream crypto but as they are not popular thus they are getting users and trader attracted to them but have solid team and innovative technology with them.
Activity: 469
Merit: 101
February 12, 2019, 11:48:04 AM
I would ask who needs altcoins? In my opinion, most of them are completely unnecessary, but for many speculators and traders, this is a source of income and it is they who need them most. In a normal world altcoins will be useless.
Pages:
Jump to: