Pages:
Author

Topic: Are altcoins useless? - page 43. (Read 21971 times)

copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
February 19, 2019, 09:26:33 AM
Not all altcoin is useless because in fact there are some good coin nowadays despite of this current because of being have a strong structure behind. Which is it's up to you how to choose good project because only scam project nowadays is useless and turn into shitcoin always.

Do you think, the construction or structures of the code behind the cryptos are making it strong enough to be tough in the market? I guess they should put much effort especially the developers and team to increase the security of the blockchain they are using. In that case, we can have the assurance to transact with full security.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
February 19, 2019, 09:11:27 AM
IMO the vast majority of altcoins are useless. During last bull run people used to purchase any new coin or token during the ICO as everything used to go up, no matter if it was a great project or a shit coin with no use at all.

I have been "cleaning" my portfolio during the last couple of months and getting ready for the next bull run whenever it happens, and i'm surprised that most of the coins I had do no have any use at all. They were just excuses to raise some funds for the team, that's all. I'm focusing now in 5 project which have a real purpose. In case you want to take a look at them:

Populous, Utrust, Aphelion, Nexo and Wagerr. Wish me luck!  Cool
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
February 19, 2019, 09:05:27 AM
Now days we have more than 1 000 altcoins on the market. The question is, are people really using them? Frankly speaking only bitcoin, ethereum and monero are used for P2P payments. All others are used mainly for speculation purposes. Is it worth buying altcoins now days? I guess no, because all of them excluding tether are following bitcoin price chart.  I mean if bitcoin is going up or down, altcoins are doing same. (Tether is connected to US dollar rate and used mainly for arbitrage trading purposes) So do we really need altcoins? Regarding platforms, only ethereum is mainly used, and mostly for creating ERC tokens. All others, like waves, neo, etc are used very rarely. Monero is used mosly for shady deals because it is untraceable. (I doubt about that, because one dude who opened a shop on a dark web for selling drugs was cached by police last week. For communication he used 3 level protected VPN and was accepting payments only in monero) https://www.wired.com/story/monero-privacy/ You can read about dark web here. https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/dark-web-3593569/ days. The main question is: Do we really need altcoins? Or Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero are enough for crypto comunity this days?

You have chosen three coins, which in your opinion can develop in the market and are important for the community. But I think it's a little wrong. Yes, I agree that there are a lot of coins on the market, which are absolutely meaningless and no one needs, because they do not bring any benefit, but there are also those projects on the market with which people work and which are really necessary for the community. I will not list these coins, but believe me on the market there is a sufficient number of them.
Activity: 420
February 19, 2019, 08:24:42 AM
Some are useless but many altcoins are very useful and people are taking more profits from that coins.so we can not say that all altcoins are useless.
Activity: 415
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
February 19, 2019, 08:22:38 AM
Altcoins are certainly not useless, but unfortunately 95% of them have no practical use. I would like more altcoins to be used as a means of payment in markets like ModulTrade
but Altcoin can be profitable so many of them use Altcoin for various activities.
Altcoin has not become a transaction tool but can be used for various businesses, investments, trade, and others.
a lot of results from Altcoin, and they try to do their best so they can make a profit.
Activity: 253
Merit: 11
February 19, 2019, 06:24:46 AM
Altcoins are certainly not useless, but unfortunately 95% of them have no practical use. I would like more altcoins to be used as a means of payment in markets like ModulTrade
Activity: 36
February 19, 2019, 06:11:12 AM
There are many altcoins who have made great strides. I think that the altcoins are not completely useless (even in the bear trend we have right now), as most people think.
Activity: 658
Merit: 112
February 19, 2019, 06:09:41 AM
Not all of them ofcourse. It depends of the project. There many great altcoins right now in the cryptocurrency market. But if you look at the number yes there are too many coins like more than 8.000 i believe, there are too many bad ICO's and shitcoins too. I have more than 250 shitcoins in MEW and i can't do anything with them.
Activity: 16
February 19, 2019, 06:04:35 AM
Some altcoins have good potential in the future, but some altcoins are useless because the projects have been left by the core teams due to different reasons, sad but true.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 468
February 14, 2019, 03:08:59 PM
I don't think that altcoins are useless. In this market without  bit coin almost every coins are altcoins. Some of them are really good some of those are useless. So you have to pick the right one. With altcoins there area many project comes to daily life and some of them are really good. And when if come some to investment in my opinion altcoins are the one which give more profit than bitcoin. I personally invest in many ALTs if I thing the project behind them are really good. So its up to you. Which Altcoins you pick the useful one or the useless one.
your opinion may be true that the emergence of altcoin brings renewal to people's lives that can help them. so maybe this is one of the positive views of the emergence of altcoin but the negative outlook is probably a scammer and an inappropriate price when on the market
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
February 14, 2019, 02:26:17 PM
I don't think that altcoins are useless. In this market without  bit coin almost every coins are altcoins. Some of them are really good some of those are useless. So you have to pick the right one. With altcoins there area many project comes to daily life and some of them are really good. And when if come some to investment in my opinion altcoins are the one which give more profit than bitcoin. I personally invest in many ALTs if I thing the project behind them are really good. So its up to you. Which Altcoins you pick the useful one or the useless one.
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
February 14, 2019, 12:35:06 PM
Now days we have more than 1 000 altcoins on the market. The question is, are people really using them? Frankly speaking only bitcoin, ethereum and monero are used for P2P payments. All others are used mainly for speculation purposes. Is it worth buying altcoins now days? I guess no, because all of them excluding tether are following bitcoin price chart.  I mean if bitcoin is going up or down, altcoins are doing same. (Tether is connected to US dollar rate and used mainly for arbitrage trading purposes) So do we really need altcoins? Regarding platforms, only ethereum is mainly used, and mostly for creating ERC tokens. All others, like waves, neo, etc are used very rarely. Monero is used mosly for shady deals because it is untraceable. (I doubt about that, because one dude who opened a shop on a dark web for selling drugs was cached by police last week. For communication he used 3 level protected VPN and was accepting payments only in monero) https://www.wired.com/story/monero-privacy/ You can read about dark web here. https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/dark-web-3593569/ days. The main question is: Do we really need altcoins? Or Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero are enough for crypto comunity this days?

Although there are many altcoins have no value, the are some altcoins that worth to buy.
You can earn incomes just by holding them, for example NEO coin, you can get GAS coin and you can sell it.
The important thing is, we can choose the right altcoin among thousands of coins.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 14, 2019, 04:22:26 AM
Cryptocurrencies are created not just for today nor even tomorrow,these great coins/tokens are provided to be used in the near future,not just because only few of them are uses these days in p2p meaning they are the legit ones remember when time comes that the mas adoption happens those you have mentioned are not enough to sustain the needs of the people of the world,thats why the other altcoins will take place keep that in mind lol
Activity: 1764
February 14, 2019, 04:14:59 AM
Many altcoins are really very necessary because they open up new technologies for us that will be useful to us, also new altcoins give us the opportunity to earn money and this is very important, so I think the more altcoins the better.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
February 14, 2019, 04:12:39 AM
In reality only a few of them have a use case most token that was created late 2016 and early 2017 up until now are complete useless they are just money grabbers and a lot of them are scammers if that is why ICO in 2019 are going down because a lot of investors have lost trust and started to take there money in an existing platform that know they will capitalize in the end.
Activity: 714
Merit: 160
February 14, 2019, 04:07:50 AM
Almost all of the altcoin is useless. They created it just for pump and dump (collected funds). It's quite difficult right now to find good altcoins that have value and utility. But, behind the useless of this altcoin you can still find the opportunity to gain quick money when they still have a value on the market.
That's how mafia crypto survivor works...  Grin
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
February 14, 2019, 03:20:26 AM
The more coins now also have a negative impact, like many useless projects. Especially for coins that do not have a good developer, it will certainly be difficult to get investors. Now we have to work hard to get good coins so we can give us profits.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
February 14, 2019, 03:17:26 AM
the fact that we have many shitty altcoin doesn't mean altcoin are useless. I know the reason you said this is because of the current state of crypto market but I must tell you before this drawback I have really seen many useful altcoin e.g Bitdegree. many of them are created for a purpose and ones the market become unfavourable their usage also will be defeated which make them look useless but they are not. Aside so of them that created without tangible reason, I can boldly tell you altcoin are not useless.
Activity: 798
Merit: 253
February 14, 2019, 03:16:56 AM
By appreciating altcoins, we will get better profits, lots of altcoins in the market, but if we are good at choosing and using them properly, the altcoins will be more functional. In the market, many investors use bitcoin as a long-term investment and have high value, but altcoin can be a day trading that will benefit if it is smart in managing it.
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
February 14, 2019, 03:09:55 AM
Alternate coins are not useless.  If you keep arguing on that, then you are basically saying that eth, ripple etc are equally useless because they are alternate coins too. The only fact is , not alternate Coin have a real use and they will in no time die off.
Pages:
Jump to: