Pages:
Author

Topic: Are cryptocurrencies better than regular currency - page 38. (Read 19667 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 254
We definitely need both. The cryptocurrencies which has limited supply will increase in value with time as demand will increase. This will make them ideal for investment rather than a currency of everday transactions. The cryptocurrencies  which has unlimited supply or less demand aren't that lucrative than their fiat counterpart. Both fiat and cryptocurrencies are needed atleast for now because of various reasons already been listed in this thread. Cryptocurrencies are still in their starting phase. Lets see what future has to bring.
The limited supply was put there not to make cryptos great investments, it was put there so crypto cannot be printed forever at whatever rate someone decides, that is what it is killing fiat and we have seen we cannot trust in humans to fulfill their promises about not printing more currency, politicians are known for lying over and over again.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
i dont think cryptocurrencies are better because they can not work offline and transactions are not very quick like they are in conventional money. moreover,transactions charge high feesBTC which makes their use impossible for small transactions.
Cryptocurrencies have limitations I do not think that anyone is blind to that, but cryptocurrencies also have a lot of good things going for them, the most important aspect is decentralization since that allow us to be the owners of our bitcoin, that does not happen with fiat, even if you have a dollar bill in your pocket, it does not belong to you it belongs to the federal reserve.
It is decentralization due to which most people are going to join bitcoin field of business. Everyone is fond to become an individual owner of something and this opportunity only provide bitcoin. For your cryptocurrency no one can declare you a tax payer against you cryptocurrency because no one can access your account to block or captured.

So, why it would not be better than regular currency. Cryptocurrency is much better than regular currency due to his features.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
I believe that crypto currencies are much better than fiat, because the control is spread out to very many parties across many countries and borders, and the barrier to entry is very low so they stay healthy and stable
Though Bitcoin has lot of benefits and advantages other than flat such as low fees and security. People around the world still not know about Bitcoin yet it also affect with the merchant accepts Bitcoin, I think that's a big problem for Bitcoin and if you need to buy something easily you have to use flat.
Though it has grown big in value and increasing its user base it hasn't gained the equal place as the traditional currency that we use in our daily life. This is all because of the platform in which it grows. Right now this has got an access to be converted to any currency, so got trmed as a universal currency and still serving as a alternate solution for fiat.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
Crypto currencies are better than regular currencies because they are free from inflation especially bitcoin.More over,they have a tendency of growing with increase in demand for them whereas regular currency just remains the same with no such big difference.Investors in crypto currencies need not gt feared about their investment being devalued as it was earlier done in india by devaluing high value notes.
Activity: 686
Merit: 260
I believe that crypto currencies are much better than fiat, because the control is spread out to very many parties across many countries and borders, and the barrier to entry is very low so they stay healthy and stable
Though Bitcoin has lot of benefits and advantages other than flat such as low fees and security. People around the world still not know about Bitcoin yet it also affect with the merchant accepts Bitcoin, I think that's a big problem for Bitcoin and if you need to buy something easily you have to use flat.
Its not a big problem through time and years it will be develop and accepted ,For now fiat has more advantage in paying or buying the things that not exist in online and its not a hassle to use bitcoins and fiat at the same time .If we talk about cryptocurrency it has a lot of advantage than fiat money .Thats why some governments don't accepts bitcoins .
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Talking about earth, including all countries. It wouldn't be better having cryptos than paper money, we still need having our regular currencies because in general we are not prepared. If this happen someday it will be when we all are dead.
Merit: 250
www.guestcrew.com
i dont think cryptocurrencies are better because they can not work offline and transactions are not very quick like they are in conventional money. moreover,transactions charge high feesBTC which makes their use impossible for small transactions.
Cryptocurrencies have limitations I do not think that anyone is blind to that, but cryptocurrencies also have a lot of good things going for them, the most important aspect is decentralization since that allow us to be the owners of our bitcoin, that does not happen with fiat, even if you have a dollar bill in your pocket, it does not belong to you it belongs to the federal reserve.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

This quotation might be relevent. One neglected facet of the fiat vs crypto discussion may be the potential to which control over money supplies translate to political influence. Btc is decentralized and deregulated in ways which could mitigate some of these risks. A hard fork could change that if miners became more centralized and developers were appointed via having self interests paralleling miner goals, rather than existing as a more decentralized paradigm.

Banking cartels have been centralized for a long time. It is possible economic growth, wealth equality as well as living standards were marktedly higher before that centralization took place.
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
For no unless all store or all people all over the world using bitcoin. But many people have no idea what is bitcoin and malls or supermarkets are not accepting bitcoin. So if you need to use your bitcoin you must cash it out first before you to spend it.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
Why do you talk like Bitcoin is a territory or something? From what I know even if you own Bitcoin you don't have any control of it whatsoever in terms of price influence. If you really want to control Bitcoin you need to have a big chunk of the pie, meaning you need to have a larger position from all the Bitcoin supply available. Other alternatives must be is your group or association is controlling a big part of it which what your group do is in unison.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100

This is a good question. While many still believe that regular currency is still better I personally believe that bitcoin is much better. I believe so because if you have the right knowledge (how to setup a mining antminer or a mining PC) you can start earning bitcoin from the comfort of your home. Bitcoin uses are the same of regular currency with an exception that it helps your privacy better than cash. You can keep it in your PC so its safer to keep large amount of Bitcoins compared to large amount of cash which you need to deposit in a bank because there is a high chance thieves will go after you.

nah I just use cryptocurrencies for earning money. I would never use them in my daily life. The regular currency is already perfect and useable everwhere unlike cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Gamerbits -- Limited $900k ICO -- gbits.io
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)
This is a good question. While many still believe that regular currency is still better I personally believe that bitcoin is much better. I believe so because if you have the right knowledge (how to setup a mining antminer or a mining PC) you can start earning bitcoin from the comfort of your home. Bitcoin uses are the same of regular currency with an exception that it helps your privacy better than cash. You can keep it in your PC so its safer to keep large amount of Bitcoins compared to large amount of cash which you need to deposit in a bank because there is a high chance thieves will go after you.
The significant amount of performance and scalability issue with cryptocurrencies is major concern. Crypto is better than  fiat in sense of openness. Once scalability issue is resolved with crypto like bitcoin then there will be no match for bitcoin (other crypto as well).
This, the issue of scalability is the greatest issue for bitcoin if it can get solved then there will be nothing stopping bitcoin to take its rightful place as one of the best currencies in the world and the best when it comes to ownership, since no one can take your coins away from you the way banks can do with fiat.
Activity: 644
We definitely need both. The cryptocurrencies which has limited supply will increase in value with time as demand will increase. This will make them ideal for investment rather than a currency of everday transactions. The cryptocurrencies  which has unlimited supply or less demand aren't that lucrative than their fiat counterpart. Both fiat and cryptocurrencies are needed atleast for now because of various reasons already been listed in this thread. Cryptocurrencies are still in their starting phase. Lets see what future has to bring.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
you should also look at the positive aspects of the regular currency to rate something. indeed bitcoin more profitable users so many people will prefer to use bitcoin.
Activity: 602

The Internet connection doesn't matter that much anymore because Internet is available almost everywhere. This is certainly true especially when you live in a first world country or at least you live in a city in a third world country. For the high transaction fee and long transaction time, well that's just the case for bitcoins. This topic is for the whole cryptocurrency so you should start using altcoins.

There have been campaigns in the past that have changed from paying with bitcoin to paying with ETH because of the high tx fee. I suggest you start doing that. It's obvious that you weren't aware of that.
As far as the internet connection is concerned, it is now made very cheap and almost available in all areas that even show few signs of development. Furthermore, these smart phone companies, apps and calling networks have made access to internet quite easy for everyone. The complaints against high transaction fee and long time of confirmation do not seem so strong and worthy.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
It depends on what aspect you are talking about, bitcoin is way better in some aspects, like the fact we are our open bank and that we can send transactions all over the world without using any centralized third party, to me that makes bitcoin great.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

The Internet connection doesn't matter that much anymore because Internet is available almost everywhere. This is certainly true especially when you live in a first world country or at least you live in a city in a third world country. For the high transaction fee and long transaction time, well that's just the case for bitcoins. This topic is for the whole cryptocurrency so you should start using altcoins.

There have been campaigns in the past that have changed from paying with bitcoin to paying with ETH because of the high tx fee. I suggest you start doing that. It's obvious that you weren't aware of that.
Pages:
Jump to: