Pages:
Author

Topic: Are electric cars bad for the oil industry? - page 11. (Read 23588 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 104
Obviously it would hurt the oil factory. If electric cars are getting popular in the world market, then it is not impossible that all oil factories in the world will close as well. The positive side of electric cars more environmentally friendly, but the downside there will be a lot of unemployment if the oil factory closed.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
if you want to be environmentally friendly, the car is not bad even for this matter, even though the electric car has brought a new market for its consumers. if an electric car will have an impact on the oil industry, it will have an impact of about ten years to fifteen years. all have a footprint to other industries, if the oil industry develops products to compete with others it can improve the oil industry. all there must be assumptions that must be seen well.
Activity: 77
Merit: 17
Yes, because if cars are become electronic, the oil industries salary will be decreases due to the lack of costumers who buy their oil.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
As of the moment I guess the oil industry is not yet going to be affected, though most have now seen the advantage of using electricity, I think oil still had its place in the market since some Electrical Power source uses oil like Electric generators.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Not yet. And most likely the oil industry is working to lead the way on the market and not let the electric cars. But the situation is changing and the more time, the faster.
Activity: 74
Initially, they're not because most electrics are hybrids which cover effectively oil into electricity. In time this will change but oil companies have more than enough time to adapt and prosper if they're smart.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 101
Title.

So. Electric cars are gaining in popularity, therefore the popularity of gasoline will be going down. Won't the price go down, leaving the oil industry in trouble?
electric cars are starting to attract people, this is good news because the world's oil consumption will decrease, I think there will be no effect which means bgi oil industry, even if we always use oil then the natural resources will be threatened
copper member
Activity: 364
Title.

So. Electric cars are gaining in popularity, therefore the popularity of gasoline will be going down. Won't the price go down, leaving the oil industry in trouble?
I think electric cars would affect the oil industry just a little. The influx of electric cars in the market is not that high compare to the industries that is dependent on the oil industry.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018
Only a small number of cars are electric. The supply of oil is not unlimited. We do a lot of other things with oil. The impact of electric cars on the oil industry is very limited. The application of petroleum is very extensive!
Activity: 474
Merit: 285
Brave New World
Of course they are, but we are moving away from oil, in essence the time of oil is coming to an end in the future. We will be moving towards renewable, solar etc. and hopefully in the medium term future: fusion.
Activity: 84
Title.

electric cars are not bad in oil industry. Because electric cars are so expensive, selected people can own electric cars.
Activity: 210
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
Yes, it will be bad for the oil industry. For the benefit of mother nature it is a good choice to have a electricity car. Less pollution. Can't wait that the fuel industry will decrease their price because of competitors.
Activity: 76
Electric cars such as the E-bike wherein if the charge is low you can actually pedal it, it's very thrifty and is making a bandwagon here in our country. Because of the price hike of oil, the people are more likely to commute and buy this  than to use cars.

I had never heard of e-bikes before, so I looked it up on YouTube, and after watching this video, I'm certainly going to get one. If I ever become lucky in this Bitcoin thing.
Activity: 109
It has an impact, but not very much, because the proportion of electric cars is too small!
Activity: 76
Yes, they will take business away from the oil companies, so in that sense they are competitors.
Activity: 28
Electric cars such as the E-bike wherein if the charge is low you can actually pedal it, it's very thrifty and is making a bandwagon here in our country. Because of the price hike of oil, the people are more likely to commute and buy this  than to use cars.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 254
Of course, this is the biggest factor that hinders the development of electric cars, I'm sure there is a big role of oil companies that are fully supported by a country to suppress the development of electric car.
Activity: 256
Sure it is! And that thing makes me happy, why? Because I believe that these oil industries are playing the big rule of making  the middle and lower class consumers lowering their income. It is like they are forcing those people to live like a turtle with no choice because of the over pricing. Aside from that oil industries is one of the reason why the air pollution is now on a high level alert. So electric car invention is a big big help for the community and for the nature. This the first greatest invention that will lead to the more advance technologies invention and oil industries will left behind.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
Title.

Definitely yes, they are bad for the oil industry. They are threat since electric cars are very Eco-friendly to the
environment, fuel efficient and with less emissions which leads to less demand for fuel or no fuel consumption at all.
But there's a drawback since the technology isn't cheap compared to gasoline and diesel engine cars.
Technology will become more advanced including in the automotive field. Yeah electric cars will make oil companies become bankrupt in the future because electric cars are better than oil-fueled cars. I think a lot of people understand the advantages of electric cars compared to oil (like environmentally friendly as you say) but this move will take a very long time. because of course technology such as electric cars must be very expensive right? and can only be bought by the rich. of course people middle to lower would still prefer oil rather than electric cars because it is cheaper..
Activity: 64
I think it's still okay because oil industry are providing for other industry too, not only for gas cars.
Pages:
Jump to: