Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs dying off? - page 11. (Read 27162 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
November 04, 2018, 10:54:11 PM
Not for now and this is precisely the starting point for boarding the ICO.
If there is a FOMO, then a little increase is already profitable when the ICO starts from a low point.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 04, 2018, 10:44:46 PM
I think ICO will still run. It's just that there is a decrease in the number of investors, this indicates a reaction from investors towards the ICO. They are more selective in choosing ICO. And another factor is the unclear number of ICOs. So that the level of investor confidence decreases against the ICO. Just waiting for the time and development going forward whether investors' mindset can change with the existence of ICO projects that are really useful.

You are right, because of the increasingly numbers of new icos created every week or everyday, investors are becoming wisely now as they maybe experienced scammed in the past icos.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
November 04, 2018, 10:25:49 PM
Well the reasons why ICO seems dying off cause there is upcoming regulations and also i believe the goverments are really strict with ICO right now, which i believe is good for investors in future. The others reasons is cause the market is not in favor and has been in dip for almost a year which affect the ROI of ICO.
Activity: 97
November 04, 2018, 10:39:01 PM
You better believe that SEC regulations are strict. I ought to know. My company just went through an SEC Reg. CF. It takes forever, and costs a small fortune. Documents, lawyers, background checks, etc...

Was it worth it? Well, one thing is for sure. No bona fide company is going to do business with an outfit that might get fined or closed down because they didn't comply with SEC regulations. So, yes, it was worth it. In the future, if we approach a big player - Amazon or Walmart  - they can be assured that we are on the square.

The easiest way isn't always the best way.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
November 04, 2018, 10:38:15 PM
I think ICO will still run. It's just that there is a decrease in the number of investors, this indicates a reaction from investors towards the ICO. They are more selective in choosing ICO. And another factor is the unclear number of ICOs. So that the level of investor confidence decreases against the ICO. Just waiting for the time and development going forward whether investors' mindset can change with the existence of ICO projects that are really useful.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
November 04, 2018, 10:23:41 PM
"September has seen the least amount of funds raised by #ICOs in more than a year. Are ICOs dying off?"

Chart here: https://twitter.com/Bancor/status/1049690978213404673

I'm thinking that too but if you check the announcement section so many ICO is being launched even if the market is in the bear period and some projects cannot reach even the soft cap, a project should be very good with a solid reputation for the ICO to succeed.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
November 04, 2018, 08:53:18 PM
I think that the trend of reducing investments in start-ups will continue until the beginning of 2019
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
November 04, 2018, 08:32:47 PM
"September has seen the least amount of funds raised by #ICOs in more than a year. Are ICOs dying off?"

Is this statistics really applicable to all ICOs. Well, if that is even the case, it does not mean that ICOs are dying off, except the particular ICO is a failure itself. Else they still have prospects.
Activity: 97
November 04, 2018, 08:26:31 PM
The thing that is hurting ICO's is that they have become synonymous with scam.

Only SEC regulated offerings are worth investing in. Any funny biz and somebody goes to jail.

https://www.startengine.com/monetran-llc
Activity: 949
Merit: 48
November 04, 2018, 08:22:02 PM
Ico are not dying it is maybe down due to the huge dip that crypto market has now experiencing bitcoin and ethereum is the most usable coin on purchasing token on some ICO but both coin is now really on dip, so it is already been expected that some ICO is really become affect on lowering or bitcoin and ethereum price.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
November 04, 2018, 08:09:46 PM
Yes, ICOs are pretty much dead this year, 2017 was year of ICOs, now too many useless projects out there!!!
Activity: 658
November 04, 2018, 07:46:24 PM
That is very untrue, the current ICO growth is even better. Many ICOs provide optimal ideas and performance, the prospects of their ICO concept are good enough to be developed in the future. So that the enthusiasm of the community is higher to follow. Growing ICOs are now competing with each other to create interesting ideas. The enthusiasm of the community also did not decrease.
Activity: 616
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 04, 2018, 07:20:44 PM
i think ico not dying, but because of condition this market, that make many ico cant hit softcap.
good ico always make different, but we must selective to choose ico.
Coins are not dying off because they are all making new builds every month. The ICO's didn't stop yet.
Activity: 470
Merit: 12
November 04, 2018, 07:18:56 PM
Nope. Just maturing in a healthy way. Last year, anyone with a website and words "decentralized, blockchain and revolutionary" could raise millions of dollars without any effort. The fact that investors are more and more aware of possible scams brings the pressure to come with an actual problem-solving startup. Yes, it seems like ICOs are dying, but we are building a good environment for people with truly revolutionary ideas.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
November 04, 2018, 07:06:17 PM
i think ico not dying, but because of condition this market, that make many ico cant hit softcap.
good ico always make different, but we must selective to choose ico.
Activity: 812
Merit: 10
https://hovr.site/
November 04, 2018, 07:00:29 PM
Let hope ETH gets to stabilize soon because its kinda the mover for ico and mostly these days its causing chaos at times
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
diceroll.xyz
November 04, 2018, 06:59:23 PM
The things is investors not in mood of investing everywhere. With time investors smart now don't want to make their investment in loss. In the old days and now the rate or good ICO not changed that much. Maybe after next bull run more investors willing to dive in the market as well as ICO.
Activity: 783
Merit: 108
November 04, 2018, 06:50:56 PM

The price of ETH is quite low, so the ICO can not afford to develop. keep wait buddy, ETH is about to hit $ 300 then. ICOs are active again.
Activity: 594
November 04, 2018, 06:48:39 PM

Altcoins is not dying off of course, and don't just get easily believe in the news particularly if the updates was being posted in the social media like in twitter as well. Because if its is true, why still most of the ico arises here in the forum, and being use as a tool to promote it in different social medias such as Reddit, telegram, disrcord, medium, facebook and twiiter too. Though, this year ico became horrible due to scam ico has been arise for a couple of months.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
November 04, 2018, 12:58:40 PM
I think ICOs are facing the mess caused by some scamming ICOs, so many projects came and scammed people, which has made many people to be scared of ICOs.
And the issue is that the ones paying the price are the honest developers, scammers do not really care about what it is happening and they can wait until we get another bull run to fill their pockets with millions of dollars, but the developer that has an idea and wants to make it a reality is really suffering right now and he is completely blameless for all of this mess.
Pages:
Jump to: