Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs scam? - page 6. (Read 5410 times)

Activity: 522
Merit: 10
December 02, 2017, 11:10:23 AM
Not all ICO are scams, there are also good ICOs and you can avoid being one of the victims of a scam by searching and checking the website and the developer's credibility. Search the credentials of these developers and if they have previous experience in doing the project. Transparency of the project is one important factor to consider, ICO is definitely a scam if they have obviously hide something
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 11:07:04 AM
Of course they are not all scams  Smiley Some are very good projects with bright future. you have just to research properly.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
December 02, 2017, 11:01:57 AM
i think 90% scam, anf 5% is good project!
Activity: 434
December 02, 2017, 10:45:03 AM
If you take into account the fact that the companies that run the ICO do not owe you anything, then yes. You do everything on your own. A token is not a stock. There is no legislation. Therefore, huge China banned all the ICO. And if this is considered a lottery, then of course you can make good money.
Activity: 1112
Merit: 507
Don't Get Involved
December 02, 2017, 10:07:34 AM
not all ico scam, you have to be careful when participating on ico coins
Activity: 153
December 02, 2017, 05:05:27 AM
Some are scam, but here are my favourites:

-> Props: https://propsproject.com < supported by YouNow and backed by Union Square Ventures (the same as Kik or Filecoin)

-> AppCoins: https://appcoins.io < supported by Aptoide and backed by e.Ventures (San Francisco / Germany), Golden Gate Ventures (Singapore) and Gobi VC (China)

Compare them using Google Trends, adding Kin/Kik which ICO is over:
   https://trends.google.pt/trends/explore?q=kik,younow,aptoide
Activity: 84
December 02, 2017, 04:59:06 AM
There are so many ICO's
Some are good project's some are scammers , you have to do researches what's good what's not before you invest.read about their white papers , team members.
I can also add that if there are so many different ICOs, than you are in the right to choose one in which you want to invest. There are ICOs that are actually able to make a profit and there are ICO which are scams.
Activity: 193
December 02, 2017, 04:44:04 AM
Not all ico are scam there are legit ico which has great project and their coin is possible to mine and that is my basis looking for legit ico. If the coin are just created and not supported by miner i do not invest on that ico because most of the time they are coin which is scam and that is the coin do not to be support by many investors.

Not all ICOs are scam, but most of them are scammers. Some ICO actually give us a lot of profit even more than Bitcoin investment. But ICO usually does not always exist and does not always run for long. If you want to follow ICO, do not invest carelessly and you should see testimony from other fellow users. You have to do some research and analysis. Not all ICO scams, and not all ICO generate profit. I myself never participated in ICO, because I was still in doubt. I just invest into Bitcoin only.
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
December 02, 2017, 03:54:23 AM
Not all ico are scam there are legit ico which has great project and their coin is possible to mine and that is my basis looking for legit ico. If the coin are just created and not supported by miner i do not invest on that ico because most of the time they are coin which is scam and that is the coin do not to be support by many investors.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 03:28:16 AM
Some are from the get go, but others just fail for other reasons. Try to research about it as much as you can. It's a case by case issue.
When researching them, read the white paper carefully, find out who is advising them, who is backing them, who is endorsing them, and how transparent they themselves are in terms of identifying themselves, their background, the team, etc.

All this should boost your confidence in the ICO, although as with all startups the risk(s) are higher, but so are the payouts for the initial investors.

Case in Point:  Look at Latium (LATX).  They have a great concept/idea, will be 'working' the cryptocurrency they are issuing, the more they can circulate the currency that greater value it will have.  Then look who their advisor/endorser is, John McAfree - that's huge!  If he's in and he's endorsing them (I'm sure he's investing in them as well).  So, all this to say that you don't have to get into an ICO on a wing and a prayer, even though there are risks as with all venture capital, still you can mitigate some of the risk by reading as much as you can. 

Here is a link to Latium, the example I cited above:   https://latium.org/welcome/mfchiro  -- will give you an good example of an ICO that is legit. 

Activity: 140
The Future Of Work
December 02, 2017, 03:09:51 AM
Different projects,different ICO's.We can never tell a good one from a bad one.Some are has good preface but on the contrary will just lead to scam people and leave them hanging.I cannot say that all are good but I cannot also say that they are not scammers.
Activity: 280
December 02, 2017, 02:58:53 AM
There are so many ICO's
Some are good project's some are scammers , you have to do researches what's good what's not before you invest.read about their white papers , team members.
Activity: 196
December 02, 2017, 02:47:39 AM
Not necessarily, a lot are though, ICOs are crowdfunding events to source funds for blockchain projects.
It's like betting on stocks but with a lot more risk as blockchain is still not mature.

Per Vitalik, 90% of ICOs will fail, but some that will survive will surely take us to the moon. Smiley
The upside for ICOs are we normal people can get returns previously only big investors can have.
Activity: 192
Merit: 24
December 02, 2017, 02:41:43 AM
yes ICO is a scam but it can be avoid do not join the ICO very quick just wait for a week or two see there spreadsheet if it is a legit ICO but if the spreadsheet is not updating bewarned just find another ICO until you feel that ICO is safe and no problem at all
Activity: 378
December 02, 2017, 02:35:05 AM
no there some ICO that are not scam but we should now how to do a little a research and also a little asking from your crypto world friend because some of the do a little bit of research and there are some risk takers
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
December 02, 2017, 02:32:36 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.

I think it depends on the project and the developer policy. Although ICO's achievements are few, but if the project can run at a small cost, usually the project will continue. Like minexcoin, they only managed to collect less than 300 BTC, but the project continues, and now the coins are pretty good.
Another option if at a small cost is not enough to run the project, usually will held ICO Phase II or extend ICO date, but it all depends on the policy of the development team.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
December 02, 2017, 02:31:28 AM
Some ICO's are legit and some are not you need to take time observing them if actives, reading their whitepapers if their project is more reasonable that can convince people to invest and wait the website to ensure the project is alive and healthy
Activity: 370
December 02, 2017, 02:29:15 AM
yes it can because there are some ICO that really scam and there are some scam that i join posting for a week then suddenly posting that there is a problem and etc and lastly there some ICO there are some ico that is not a scam
Activity: 392
December 02, 2017, 02:23:21 AM
this may  depend on the person which point of view he will use because ICO can be a scam and also not but if you go to the certain ICO without knowing the purpose of that coin you will lose some time and hardwork so I prefer doing some research
Activity: 434
December 02, 2017, 02:18:46 AM
Not all ICOs are scams. There is also legit. But ICOs are actually scams and even say they are big enough to be raised and sold token It's hard to trust anymore. So we should study the best of our ICOs so we can not go to the wrong ICO. We know that the price of bitcoins is high and certainly many bad guys will make a way to steal our hard-earned money.
Pages:
Jump to: