Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs scam? - page 7. (Read 5410 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 256
اللعنة
December 02, 2017, 01:44:42 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
You can't say that an ICO is scam or not unless the project starts. ICO (Initial Coins Offering) is the first step of these companies who want to offer their product to people. During that time, they are trying to evaluate how people patronize their project/coin/offers. If there are a lot of people joining the ICO, then the tendency is that the project will be successful. On the other hand, some ICO don't succeed, thus, forcing the company to close after some time. But still, you need to take risk to become successful, too. No one gain without any risk. That's what cryptocurrency world is all about.
Activity: 784
Merit: 510
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
November 21, 2017, 09:26:55 AM
Not all ICO's are scams, but some say 90% are - and since its a new way to make money these days, caution must be taken!
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Pre-sale - March 18
November 20, 2017, 08:17:28 AM
ICOs are not known as scam at all. It is true that some of them have been scammers. The problem is that 95% ICOs will be screw up in the future cuz there are too many of them.

Most ICO's are run by scammers so that's not a wrong assumption. Maybe only %5 of ICO's are really legit and only %1 of them work as the same way when they collect money for their crowdfunding. You can see good projects suffering to collect money and bad projects making hardcap easily. That's mainly because of money laundering. For example check out Bancor, Change etc. you'll see how they collect money.
Activity: 252
Merit: 102
November 19, 2017, 02:27:04 PM
before you follow an ICO, you should first check the details, and if you have no doubt continue. but if still doubt better don't
MP4
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
November 19, 2017, 01:41:55 PM
ICOs are not known as scam at all. It is true that some of them have been scammers. The problem is that 95% ICOs will be screw up in the future cuz there are too many of them.
Activity: 196
Merit: 50
OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS
October 26, 2017, 08:09:23 AM
Not all Of them and there are lots ICOs that are actually legitimate. For me, the first thing that I can say that ICO is real is when the manager rank is high like Full Member or higher. I noticed some ICOs that were started with Newbies and Junior Members so that's why somebody will place red tags in most cases.
Activity: 96
October 26, 2017, 08:05:48 AM
Selecting ICOs is easy. But checking and finding out the real purpose is difficult. All you have to do is find out who has established and where they are based. Not by the amount of money they have raised the base so they can not say they are scam

A quick linkedin search is often enough to determine whether or not they're a real business. Next, social media profiles give away a lot, an inactive team is a team not commited to their cause. Third, is the project possible? A project offering trips to mars is a scam, but a project trying to bring banking into the cryptoworld (Change, TenX, ...) is possible, so it's likely not a scam. Last, do they have backing from big names like vitalik? Going through a long checklist often protects you from harm

We can have bad surprises iota, EOS, tenX, Monaco, status, etc : many projects look big but they can be potentially a scam I think.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
October 26, 2017, 08:01:37 AM
Selecting ICOs is easy. But checking and finding out the real purpose is difficult. All you have to do is find out who has established and where they are based. Not by the amount of money they have raised the base so they can not say they are scam

A quick linkedin search is often enough to determine whether or not they're a real business. Next, social media profiles give away a lot, an inactive team is a team not commited to their cause. Third, is the project possible? A project offering trips to mars is a scam, but a project trying to bring banking into the cryptoworld (Change, TenX, ...) is possible, so it's likely not a scam. Last, do they have backing from big names like vitalik? Going through a long checklist often protects you from harm
Activity: 266
October 26, 2017, 07:38:53 AM
Almost ICOs are scam and it is depends on the number of members who participated in. More members in an ICOs are surely real and not scam. But be sure that the ICOs you want to enter is not scam by research and know the whitepapers and also the founders and participants in making projects. If you joined in a real ICOs you must do in your projects properly.
Activity: 658
October 26, 2017, 03:24:40 AM
Some ico might be scams and used it to acquire money. Few countries are already banned or regulates ico.
Activity: 364
Merit: 127
October 26, 2017, 03:08:42 AM
Its really hard to tell but i think before investing is that you must research the coin well and look at its purpose.
All alt coin who have finished their ICO are depended on its user without its user all the investment for the coin will be such a waste.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Blockchain with solar energy
October 26, 2017, 02:40:47 AM
Icos can go fully into scammy schemes but NOO. If you read more ico analyst blog you can clearly see there are very legal awesome project coming out of ico lair. You should look more into ico dev list..
Activity: 65
October 26, 2017, 02:40:40 AM
How did the money they collected make you feel they are scam?
How is it connected?
Activity: 434
October 26, 2017, 02:37:56 AM
Activity: 387
October 26, 2017, 02:37:21 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.

Not all ICO are scam, but we need to be very serious in choosing ICO for it may possibly will result for nothing.

If you are confident with your choice, then wait for the result for it could be a successful one.
Activity: 210
October 26, 2017, 02:21:28 AM

to the choice of any investment program associated with the crypto currency you need to approach seriously otherwise you can run into garbage
what exactly am I talking about
choosing a project make sure that the people who promote it are real people and not pictures from the Internet
 that the project has a clear development plan
 so that there is an accurate understanding of the distribution of monetary resources and also an understanding of the required amount of funds to be co-created
Activity: 1344
Merit: 459
October 26, 2017, 02:14:32 AM
Well some of them are. Even airdrops can be scams, so be careful. But if you're gonna invest money you should always do enough research to know if it's a scam or not, or at least if it seems legit.

yeah agree, before deciding to invest in an ICO, should do research first on the that ICO, whether convinced that the ICO is really true legit or scam
Activity: 1778
Merit: 504
WorkAsPro
October 25, 2017, 10:17:44 AM
Almost 70% of ICO are fraudulent but if you are an ICO analyst then you should find out what projects are really working and there is always support behind the community as these factors decide for the The success of ICO projects
Activity: 126
Blockchain technology is the future!
October 25, 2017, 10:13:34 AM
Some are scams and some are not.  Why would you contribute first and then ask if it is a scam though?  Do research prior to investing any money to play it safe.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
October 25, 2017, 10:09:35 AM
i dont think so
Pages:
Jump to: