Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs scam? - page 5. (Read 5410 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Qravity is a decentralized content production
December 04, 2017, 10:19:38 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
There are possibilities of scam, especially if most of them just a whitepaper project, meaning only a project with idea without working product. But you shouldn't be worried if you invested in a famous one because usually they are legit. There are a lot of icos that haven't release their product yet after a long time but there are also some with great dev that keep progressing onto their roadmap.
Activity: 140
December 04, 2017, 10:07:55 AM
I think it will all come down to how they are actively recheck and record the activities of the members specially if the update is weekly. You can also check it if the community that you have joined are full of outstanding admin and manager.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
December 04, 2017, 10:03:44 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.

If you feel you might be scammed, then you need to check it. Whats the ICO name? You need to do research and check if the forums have mentioned it anywhere.
There is might a possibility that Ico will be scam, if they just collected a huge amount of money and at the end they will suddenly disappeared. As we know still there is ico a legit ones in this case if in doubt research should always do.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Truegame
December 04, 2017, 09:54:59 AM

If you feel you might be scammed, then you need to check it. Whats the ICO name? You need to do research and check if the forums have mentioned it anywhere.
copper member
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
December 04, 2017, 08:50:36 AM
Some are scams, some are money laundries, but many of them turn out to be a legit crowdfunding project. Some of the legit ones are bound to fail but others are going to succeed and build value.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
December 04, 2017, 08:40:37 AM
Not all ICOs scam. You you try you can find good technological project withoun infi hipe, but that can give you a good profit.
If you are not sure in investment by youfself, you can try join to some strong cryptofund.
Activity: 322
Merit: 15
December 04, 2017, 08:21:05 AM
NOT All ICOs are scams. If you joined one there will be a slight chance that the one you joined is a successful one. Just read their portfolios and white papers for more information about their project if you want assurance and safety.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
December 04, 2017, 02:33:43 AM
I saw many ICOs already , the percent of success in ICO is only 20% , but if you hit the right one, your profit will be x10 times. So that explains why many people are still investing in ICO even most of them are scam projects.
Activity: 378
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
December 04, 2017, 02:29:52 AM
its so unfortunately for you. in my opinion ico is not a scam. ico is a new way to develop the business by gathering or seek a support from people by funding the money that will be use to doing the project. the investors will be payed back by the token or coin that can be used in the platform with particulat advantages. so ico not a scam. maybe this kind of thing still new and this kind of way still on developing.
hah
Activity: 183
December 04, 2017, 01:53:20 AM
From what I noticed a lot of brand new accts holding ICOs can be scams. One of the best way to find out of an ICO is a scam is try calling them on a phone or ask them a bunch of questions. Scammers normally won't like giving out a lot of information about themselves. There are some ICOs that are "legit" in the sense they don't run off with the money, but they might not produce what they said they will or simply too incompetent to do the project. Basically they take your money and buy time until the project loses hype or dies off completely.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
December 04, 2017, 01:48:30 AM
Be an observer when an ICO is a scam. It is ok if you are part of bounty campaign. The ones who are greatly affected are those who invest. Those who joined bounty can dumped those coins without investing money. But those who invested money while the ICO is a scam will get negative profit and just burn down their money.
Activity: 1194
Merit: 126
December 04, 2017, 01:34:49 AM
We should accept the fact that some ICO are totally a scam. It’s hard to determine whether it’s a good project that will result successful at the end or it’s considered to list of scam project.
We should consider few things before we can invest for some ICO. Better to check the quality of the project, its unique features that other project don’t have. Make some research about the real status and the reputation of team behind the project if it’s real or not.
Activity: 434
Bounty Detective
December 04, 2017, 01:10:03 AM
i might say the ICO is Scam if you don't qualify in their KYC
even you  joined in their bounty campaign.
and you wont receive the token that you earned in the campaign.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
December 04, 2017, 12:08:48 AM
I have been involved as an investor in a few ICOs and I know there are decent ones out there. Research should profit you OP or any other person going into  ICOs as that woukd enable you sieve through the scamming ICOs. Bitbase just proved it by running away with investors money. Just do your research before investing.
December 03, 2017, 11:58:38 PM
They collected big money already, and ussualy by that amount this project will succes and continue entered to the market. In my opinion many ICO legit now and has working product that uniqe and interesting. Now we should spend more time and doing some research to find it, like learn about purpose of the project, what problem they want to be solved and know in detail basic personality of team founder. 
Activity: 656
Merit: 261
December 03, 2017, 06:39:38 PM
I think some ICOs is real. But there are some scam ico. Just becareful. Do with your own risk. Lear more about ICO, before you investing your money.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 03, 2017, 06:34:16 PM
I don't mean to spoil your fun though most ICO's are a scam. There is not much you can do about it other than to not invest in it.
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
https://streamies.io/
December 02, 2017, 03:51:28 PM
No. there are many ICOs are good projects. You should research carefully. I will introduce you some potential projects to invest. Bitclave, Spectre, Livestars...
Activity: 420
December 02, 2017, 11:36:14 AM
yes ICO is a scam but it can be avoid do not join the ICO very quick just wait for a week or two see there spreadsheet if it is a legit ICO but if the spreadsheet is not updating bewarned just find another ICO until you feel that ICO is safe and no problem at all

This is very stupid advice.
You can't say that ICO is scam just because someone did or didn't updated bounty spreadsheet.
There are more important things to look at such as team, roadmap and other things, spreadsheet is not one of them.

The table can be faked. Therefore, it is very important to study the project and be able to analyze it in general. It's useless to sit feedback too, because often they are made from fake accounts
Merit: 253
Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!
December 02, 2017, 11:13:03 AM
yes ICO is a scam but it can be avoid do not join the ICO very quick just wait for a week or two see there spreadsheet if it is a legit ICO but if the spreadsheet is not updating bewarned just find another ICO until you feel that ICO is safe and no problem at all

This is very stupid advice.
You can't say that ICO is scam just because someone did or didn't updated bounty spreadsheet.
There are more important things to look at such as team, roadmap and other things, spreadsheet is not one of them.
Pages:
Jump to: