Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we brainwashed? - page 11. (Read 7899 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 104
“Blockchain Connection Framework”
December 04, 2017, 09:01:34 AM
I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.
Ahh you are right more or less, it all depends where you live and what personality you have. There are a lot of people that i know which have goal in there life. Some succeeded and some i hope will in future. But you are right when you say that most of people are made in perfect consumers, i see that more and more everyday. And it saddens me a lot. What you said about past and fight for freedom and rights are not needed in this day and age, because we have most of that. It all comes with evolution of human society. Person with enough personality will know what to do and what he wants, and won't succumb to other peoples brainwash.

Well, like the reply said, it would depend on so many factors. If you feel that you are being "urged" beyond your control to follow something that you actually don't want to do. Then, you can actually define that as brainwashing; however, you do always have a choice with what you do. Although with have societal norms and common practices that people follow in their daily lives, there are not rules that say that deviating from those would be something wrong. Maybe it would feel awkward by being different, but your life is your own, like your decisions are too.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 04, 2017, 05:19:31 AM
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.
No more goals,no ideas,ideology,morals of principles.
Activity: 52
December 04, 2017, 04:33:27 AM
The television and fake news, mass media control, more than brainwashed they control us since we birth.
They tell us what to buy, how to do it, and when we do it.
That's why instead of war on poverty, they do other things.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
December 04, 2017, 04:32:07 AM
Everything is a brainwash From the moment you start school is the moment "they" start re-programming you. They fill your head with restrictions saying "you can't do this". They teach you if you are "bad" or "disobedient" to "their" system you will be punished. And if your follow the system you will be rewarded. They are re-programming your way of thinking and restricting our minds. We are constantly being told what we can and can't do which leads to self-doubt. We as humans have the capability to access our entire minds, but because of the mass brainwashing from the media. Government, schools etc we have been taught to doubt our own abilities. The system is almost impossible to escape because we are trapped by the poisons they are constantly spraying in the sky, in our food, the poison they spread through the media and so called "education".
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
December 04, 2017, 01:06:09 AM

Yes, with how media is now? Not just in economics where we are bombarded by what to wear, what to eat even what to look like. We also have a warped notion of giving money to these talentless, borderline moronic "celebrities" than while police, fire fighters and doctors that actually help people out. What the crappy thing is, even our body image and opinions are dictated
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
November 22, 2017, 03:21:03 PM
Subconsciously whether you'd like to admit it or not, we are all in some way, some form all brainwashed.

It all comes down as to how strong minded you really are.
Activity: 7
November 22, 2017, 03:05:25 PM
Most of us is brainwashed, mass-media and press working on it about 50 years, and their labors have good profit
Activity: 328
Merit: 39
November 22, 2017, 02:58:03 PM
I think that - even the media try to brainwash us - we have the last word to decide what to believe
Activity: 156
Merit: 13
November 22, 2017, 02:37:16 PM
We are brainwashed by the everything that is presented to us from commercial to consumer products. Every man's goal is to live in prosperity and to have the nice financial situation. There are few people that don't have the need for the money. Every man has a goal but if he doesn't know what his goal his that doesn't mean he doesn't have one. It means he has to find his goal that is more important than searching for money all his life. We should make our own standards and make our own border from reaching what we want to and not commit ourselves to others that are filling us with their own ideas.
Activity: 267
November 22, 2017, 08:08:17 AM
That's something we have to day on a daily basis unfortunately. It's easier to let be brainwashed by TV, advertising and all kind of bullshit, that taking the time to think by ourselves.
We have goals but they are  determined what we see and what we are been told.

I couldn't agree more, it's sad actually but it is the truth, anyone to this day especially them labeled as "millennials" have no actual "self". As Human beings progress, we are more and more heavily influenced by the surroundings.
No one can ever deny that who they are, who we are today is greatly influenced by media, advertising, internet, culture and religion.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
November 22, 2017, 07:29:06 AM
That's something we have to day on a daily basis unfortunately. It's easier to let be brainwashed by TV, advertising and all kind of bullshit, that taking the time to think by ourselves.
We have goals but they are  determined what we see and what we are been told.
Activity: 267
November 22, 2017, 06:08:21 AM

I think those problems started when we people got lost with our own desires, be it technology or something, we forgot a one key factor.
We forgot how to actually live. I see religious people, but I don't see and Spirituality. I see extremely wealthy people, but I don't see extremely and genuinely happy people.
Activity: 17
November 22, 2017, 05:39:19 AM
Agree with the speaker. The latest adverts tendency has proved that our goverment want us become never grown up teenagers, who only want to buy new trendy things and toys (I mean new computers, Ithings, clothes and whatever..)
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
November 22, 2017, 05:35:54 AM
Yes, we are. Thanks to the television, marketing and media.
Activity: 186
November 22, 2017, 05:27:39 AM
Please note that we are facing a paradox: we can't know when we are brainwashed, because if we'd know... no more brainwashing :-)
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
November 22, 2017, 05:17:54 AM
I agree, there is such a problem, especially vulnerable in this issue, young people, who do little, but receive everything from their parents for granted.
Although many countries still have ideological people, there are wars and attempts to achieve something.

I'm totally agree with you, you're telling right things. I see a lot of young people who hasn't their own thoughts but only the ones that is PRed by mass media and society.
copper member
Activity: 420
November 18, 2017, 09:25:31 AM
Actually the main reason is excessive use of technology made us aimless. We're becoming robot day by day and i think this technologies are washing our brain day by day.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
November 13, 2017, 03:21:43 PM

In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom

Is this the point of life for you? Fighting and giving your life in vain?
I'm sorry people who surround you are empty. My close friends all have dreams to live peacefuly, develop themselves and travel. And it doesn't depend on brainwashing or something, it depends on a person him/herself
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
November 13, 2017, 06:54:49 AM
I totally agree. marketing and the sales market skillfully vparivayut us things and services. they prove that it is all necessary and we readily believe them  Sad
Activity: 504
November 12, 2017, 07:57:48 AM
I agree, there is such a problem, especially vulnerable in this issue, young people, who do little, but receive everything from their parents for granted.
Although many countries still have ideological people, there are wars and attempts to achieve something.
Pages:
Jump to: