Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we doing enough to save the planet? - page 3. (Read 2295 times)

Activity: 567
Merit: 100
September 12, 2018, 01:17:32 PM
I admit, planet Earth is getting older and older. the balance of nature with technology is farther away. and without life technology will also be silent. so it's better and I think someone has started to protect our natural ecosystem.
tree, animal, water, soil.
and I am still lucky to live in a country that is still a lot of free nature. Wink

Activity: 124
Merit: 0
September 12, 2018, 12:36:27 PM
Any changes starts with ourselves. Just like what ghandi said "be the change you wish to see in the world" this line is very powerful. I live up my life in that.
Activity: 658
Merit: 126
September 09, 2018, 08:14:42 AM
No of course not at all. As we can see, day by day our environment has been continuing to be polluted and also our resources continuing to be limited. We all knew also that there are few people only concern in this issue. If we are helping each other then maybe it is enough but this thing might not possible.
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
September 01, 2018, 11:33:49 PM
While infrastructure and technology keeps advancing, our natural resources suffer. Sure there are people who tries to save our planet by diving into the water and collecting trash, or encouraging anyone to recycle or stop using plastic. But is it enough? If it is, then why are we still experiencing climate change? Could this be the start of the destruction of our planet?
I personally believe that humans would die long before many of the plants, insects and animals die. With the exception of a total nuclear catastrophe. So chemicals breed bacteria and create all sorts of imbalances in our atmosphere which lead to mold and other issues. Couple that with radiation constantly being leaked into our ocean and our sky. Also factor in massive massive overpopulation and then at some point there is a resource imbalance. Chances are it will create a chain reaction. Hunger is always followed by disease. Not to mention what the militaries of our world could do to humans and the earth. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of time. Already people have disorders of all sorts that didn't exist even 50 years ago. Our bodies cannot evolve fast enough to keep up with the toxins. Now the question is will some humans survive? I say it depends on how bad the air and soil is and if it's continuing to pollute like Fukushima. There will be a few but will they sustain? Especially if there is still petrol to fight over even though Tesla proved we don't need it as there is free energy all around.
Activity: 51
August 30, 2018, 03:07:05 PM
For it to be enough something like at least 70% of humanity has to be concision and willing to do something about it. That's not the case, the vast majority of people do not care, and so the efforts of a couple will not be enough. What will happen when the few that do something about it die, and not enough younger people replace them?

In a sense it reminds me of investing. Put all your eggs into one basket, win 3 times, but if you lose the 4th time, it's too late and you lose everything. Eventually it will be too late and everything will be lost.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
August 30, 2018, 08:30:09 AM
As time goes by the advancement of technology really helps the world to make things easier. The time is so fast that everything that we do are all instant. But in this kind of development our planet sacrifices.. The nature was really harmed  because people are keep on cutting trees, excavate mountains for industrial purposes. The air and sea are polluted. Yes, our planet is wounded because of the people who are in focus on the growth of technology.

I agree. Our continuous pursuit of our own resources for our own personal reasons harm the environment. How do you suggest we turn all these around to prevent the worst of the effects of climate change from happening?

Be a politician/president, make new regulations that forced each people to plant 1 tree every week, and if they don't want to do it, burn their house. Sounds good.

Activity: 196
Merit: 4
August 30, 2018, 08:11:59 AM
As time goes by the advancement of technology really helps the world to make things easier. The time is so fast that everything that we do are all instant. But in this kind of development our planet sacrifices.. The nature was really harmed  because people are keep on cutting trees, excavate mountains for industrial purposes. The air and sea are polluted. Yes, our planet is wounded because of the people who are in focus on the growth of technology.

I agree. Our continuous pursuit of our own resources for our own personal reasons harm the environment. How do you suggest we turn all these around to prevent the worst of the effects of climate change from happening?
Activity: 83
August 30, 2018, 01:05:35 AM

Activity: 62
August 29, 2018, 11:30:34 PM
The human being condemns himself with his way of "Evolve". Maybe many work on how to maintain the planet, but I bet that many more people are not interested in the least to save it. So fuck
Activity: 816
Merit: 133
August 27, 2018, 10:26:36 AM
No, but instead we are doing enough to kill the planet. Yes, there are a lot of programs, environmental talks, and etc. But that does really help to repair the damage we already did? No, In my own perspective these things that we do like recycling, collecting trash and etc., now are just prevention (still this could be something). The damage that this planet had taken is simply not repairable.

and Somehow I don't believe in some of these environmental organizations since they are just decoys. Those who are behind it maybe one of the great contributors to these damages. This is some a plan to hide the destructive outcome of there projects and to divert the attention to the good side.
copper member
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1247
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
August 27, 2018, 08:20:25 AM
We are not doing enough to save our planet. We are doing something, but we are not doing enough. Imagine, you throw 1 plastic bottle into the ocean and you think to yourself, “it’s only one bottle”. But what if that’s everyone’s logic? One bottle could easily turn into hundreds, thousands and even billions. Where I am currently at, it keeps flooding and when it subsides, there are a lot of trash left. So I don’t think we are doing enough to save our planet. We should always remember that one act, even the smallest one, can make a big impact.
Activity: 560
Merit: 16
August 24, 2018, 09:19:37 PM
What do we do to ignore them, saving planet is a huge mission to us but many of us dont care, because all they want is the benefits for themselves. Thats the problem we are facing on, we like to save planet but we can't do it, we keep trying but the technologies advance and Factories created, and most of the trash goes to the ocean, cleaning ocean is not close enough to save planet, Billions of trash are in the ocean, and only certain countries use trash to create energy.
Activity: 309
Merit: 5
August 21, 2018, 10:48:21 AM
If we are willing to save the planet we must also consider the food that we are eating. one example of that is many people still eating Oreo's by patronizing it we are indirectly killing the orangutans and the palm trees. people who concern about the planet must check everything that we consume or use including soap, clothing, food, and gadget's some of them contains the ingredient which pollutes our planet.
August 21, 2018, 09:46:31 AM
No, I don't.
I am not doing much for saving our planet, but I try to do more and more. It is not a simple ways to do, as we know that the population pf human in any country is increasing significantly year to year. There are many ways taken and done by government to keep and decrease the growth population of human. Those all done is to save our planet because the growth population has huge impact to our planet.

I try begin from  my self and environment. I plant many trees in my home and recycle trash become a useful thing. The most important is keeping our environment clean and healthy.

That is okay, what is important is that you are doing your part to keep your environment clean and healthy. That we are all doing our best to keep the environment clean, right?
Activity: 163
August 21, 2018, 01:25:58 AM
While infrastructure and technology keeps advancing, our natural resources suffer. Sure there are people who tries to save our planet by diving into the water and collecting trash, or encouraging anyone to recycle or stop using plastic. But is it enough? If it is, then why are we still experiencing climate change? Could this be the start of the destruction of our planet?

No, I don't.
I am not doing much for saving our planet, but I try to do more and more. It is not a simple ways to do, as we know that the population pf human in any country is increasing significantly year to year. There are many ways taken and done by government to keep and decrease the growth population of human. Those all done is to save our planet because the growth population has huge impact to our planet.

I try begin from  my self and environment. I plant many trees in my home and recycle trash become a useful thing. The most important is keeping our environment clean and healthy.
August 20, 2018, 02:28:11 PM
... but electric cars just export pollution, they don't decrease it.  ...

Not true. Electric cars use 50%-70% less energy than gasoline powered cars. To illustrate, consider that a gallon of gasoline contains about 30 kWh of energy. A typical car can go 20-30 miles on a gallon of gasoline. A hybrid might go 50 miles. A Tesla will go 100 miles.

Furthermore, the energy used by electric cars can be generated from non-polluting renewable sources.

How about smart cars like hands-free and self-driving cars. Do you think they are better than typical cars? Or are they worse because even though they have advanced features they have automatic transmission engines which means that they use more gasoline?
Activity: 680
Merit: 173
Giggity
August 19, 2018, 01:17:13 PM
Based on what I read earlier on some news that the ozone layer is healing itself that is a good news but I think the greatest problem in this world that we need to solve is overpopulation, especially in the third world countries even like the poor families even though they are poor they breed like rabbits seven children and above and there's nothing the government can do about that I would take India as an example "In India, 80 % of total plastic consumption is discarded as waste and official statistics say the country generates 25, 940 tonnes of plastic waste daily. At least 40% of this waste is uncollected" we are killing this planet slowly.
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
August 18, 2018, 01:02:41 PM
There are plenty organizations that are very much committed in helping environmental issues, most of them study about the threats, but if most of the peoole are not doing the same things, it will probably affect nothing in restoring our environment, we shoul be doing something in our little own ways which will result as a domino effect that in the long run will help sustain our resources for the future generations to still see the true beauty of our world.

I too would agree with this, I believe the "save the planet" process has to start at a personal
level. With all the recent updates and information that are more likely accessible now, there is
plenty of reason to get into it at home and the community. It's a losing battle if we don't
encourage awareness, there is so much more we can do to make things better in our planet.
Activity: 405
Merit: 251
August 18, 2018, 10:36:39 AM
As long we still produce pollution, garbage, and burning. in other countries it might be good, garbage is already in the system, but in other countries? developing countries that may still lack knowledge about the dangers of throwing garbage, and most importantly, get used to maintaining cleanliness from an early age. including getting used to maintaining health as well, because if we always choose healthy foods, maybe snack bins will be very little at home. including cigarettes and so on. yes that's just my opinion, cause i see it
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 3161
August 16, 2018, 03:07:04 AM
... but electric cars just export pollution, they don't decrease it.  ...

Not true. Electric cars use 50%-70% less energy than gasoline powered cars. To illustrate, consider that a gallon of gasoline contains about 30 kWh of energy. A typical car can go 20-30 miles on a gallon of gasoline. A hybrid might go 50 miles. A Tesla will go 100 miles.

Furthermore, the energy used by electric cars can be generated from non-polluting renewable sources.
Pages:
Jump to: