Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 148. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10
PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT
January 30, 2018, 04:00:36 AM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

Personally I am afraid with hackers as a holder of $40,000 crypto assets today I really don't want to lose it and give it to somebody whom I don't know.
That's why we need to be vigilant every time we're going to access our wallets digital or hardware.
That money or Cryptocurrency assets are my hard earned of more than half of year on joining signature bounty campaigns and waiting for them to have a value.
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
January 30, 2018, 03:58:34 AM
Ofcourse yes, I'm sure the majority in this forum are afraid of hackers even what kind of precautions they are doing still if they've done a single wrong move all of their treasure can no longer be retrieve and will be lost forever. We should be very very extra careful with our valuables because I myself depends on my money in crypto for my daily needs. Hackers are now being famous though they are anon but I am sure they're always working hard in making way to enter and target the whole crypto world.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
https://adonx.one
January 30, 2018, 03:57:22 AM
Yes offcourse iam very afraid of hacker, that why i used 2 FA/ factor authentification in every account of exchange and wallet. Beside that i only login from bookmark link to avoid phising link.
Activity: 224
Merit: 121
January 30, 2018, 03:56:09 AM
Yes everyone scared of hacker especially to those who  have experience on it.All we have to do is be careful to website that we are entering and dont gave information to someone else about your account,it was your privacy so be wise on that.Even though we are secured in crypto but I think they will do anything just to steal our money
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
January 30, 2018, 03:48:41 AM
Everyone scare hackers, those guys can get all of ours money. But i thing when i stored crypto currency at some big exchange, they will make ours crypto safe there.

and if we are scared about hackers, then we need to secure our account especially our account to store the cryptocurrency in the exchanges so we could feel safe. as long as we could follow the procedure from the exchanges to secure our account then I think we don't have to be worried and let the security of the exchange handle everything for us and I am sure that the exchanges will do their best to give their customer safety while they are trading in their site.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
January 30, 2018, 03:46:58 AM
yes.. of course ... think everyone don't like to happen been hacked.. its instantly lose you money/investment and your time in a matter of second..  Sad Sad Sad Sad
we need extra extra careful and follow the security precautions the avoid hack.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 76
January 30, 2018, 03:34:35 AM
Everyone scare hackers, those guys can get all of ours money. But i thing when i stored crypto currency at some big exchange, they will make ours crypto safe there.
Activity: 167
January 30, 2018, 03:22:30 AM
Hackers are becoming more successful in some cases when their victims are not careful enough. If we all just be vigilant at all times, i dont think ackers will mostly succeed.

I think if the file holder is careful, I'm pretty sure hackers will not be able to steal your money in the wallet. As you say this, I strongly agree. Because a lot of fake websites are made to steal your wallet . Essentially you have to keep important a file. And a good way to get me, always bookmark the original website, with the aim that you are not wrong website and stuck in fraud website. If you want to be very careful, always hide It concerns your wallet
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Your professional profile on the blockchain
January 30, 2018, 03:13:35 AM
Because of hackers I had to install Win10 with anti spectre/meltdown patches. I`m afraid only for those crypto which are in orders on exchanges. The most amount of cryptocurrencies I hold on cold storage Ledger Nano S. Cheap & Safe.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
January 30, 2018, 03:10:56 AM
I am not afraid, because what I fear only 2 is the god who is the creator and the second my parents especially the mother.
especially if only my hackers pasrahin just the god because later there will be a reply too.
which is important we focus on the work that has been given to our god through bitcoin.
Activity: 107
January 30, 2018, 03:10:07 AM
Of course
I am very concerned about that and here's the advice of investors and experts, edited for clarity and style:

Jonathan Levin, co-founder of Chainalysis

1. Before you open up an account on Coinbase [or other exchanges], set up an unique email that you are going to use for that account.

2. Make sure to set a really hard and long password, and you are the only one to access it from a piece of paper that you control.
Dan Romero, VP of operation at Coinbase

1. On Coinbase, turn off SMS-based two-factor authentication and account recovery for your email account. If you move to Google Authenticator but don't turn off SMS account recovery, a phone port attack can still lead to an email compromise.

2. On Coinbase, setup the Coinbase Vault and two-factor authentication for any sends off-site.

Sean Everett, VP of product management, Coinbase account was hacked by phone porting attack

1. Don't talk about cryptocurrency publicly, especially on social media.

2. Call your cellphone provider, put every level of security you possibly can, and add a passcode to it. The next level protection is to add a "do not port" SIM card to your account. That can last for a year.

3. Even though Coinbase says it takes security seriously and has system designs to protect customers, it's not a bank. Don't trust it as such.  Smiley Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 170
January 30, 2018, 03:08:34 AM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

crime in cyberspace is becoming phenomenal, lately, bitcoin and other crypto become the target of many hackers. yes, a very profitable business. but I'm not too worried, because after all, the wallet's security system is always diligent to keep their security. and for us, should be more self-protection on the computer by activating the firewall and install antivirus that has been trusted.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
The Exchange for EOS Community
January 30, 2018, 03:06:28 AM
Hackers are becoming more successful in some cases when their victims are not careful enough. If we all just be vigilant at all times, i dont think ackers will mostly succeed.
Activity: 512
BountyMarketCap
January 30, 2018, 03:00:28 AM
Yes,I am very much afraid of hackers.Some days ago,my ether wallet was hacked.There has some valuable things which I got for working in this forum.But it is a matter of sorrow that no one can attack or take action for this .Generally ,hacker is harmful for us.But some are diffrent.
Activity: 204
January 30, 2018, 02:53:08 AM

Only way to protect is t be super careful. Have private keys of as much as possible crypto you have. Have as much as possible of this crypto in cold storage. Have a separate phone for 2FA and hot wallets. And another phone to use for calls and whatever.  Keep at least coins in wallets on your computer you work on and try to keep it virus and malware free. Also make sure to have your cold wallets secure and multiplied. And the last thing make sure that someone trustful have access to them and know how to open them if something happen to you.  Answer on your question is so complex actually.

There are so many things we have to do as your suggestion to make hacker can not touch our wallet.
The trustful people of course one of our family or husband/wife. We can give them full access.
Activity: 238
January 30, 2018, 02:52:15 AM
Yes i am afraid of them.And their capacity to hack each and every person or eatablishment or a system also.In which all of your hard earned money will be nothing.Leaving you nothing.
Activity: 101
January 30, 2018, 02:46:17 AM
ofcourse, hackers take us a lot of benefit. i have some idea about protect against hackers
- Update your OS and other software frequently, if not automatically.
- Download up-to-date security programs, including antivirus and anti-malware software, anti-spyware, and a firewall (if your OS didn’t come pre-packaged with it)
- Destroy all traces of your personal info on hardware you plan on selling
- Do not use open wifi; it makes it too easy for hackers to steal your connection and download illegal files.
- Speaking of passwords: password protect all of your devices, including your desktop, laptop, phone, smartwatch, tablet, camera, lawnmower…
- Create difficult passwords and change them frequently. In addition, never use the same passwords across multiple services.
- Come up with creative answers for your security questions.
- Practice smart surfing and emailing.
- Don’t link accounts.
- Keep sensitive data off the cloud.
Activity: 505
Merit: 35
January 30, 2018, 02:44:42 AM

It is everyone nightmare to be the victim of hackers. Our hard earn money to be stolen only by bunch of looters in the internet. To add securities on my surfing I always use private mode or incognito and the most important is used license software. Virus usually get from free download software.
Activity: 131
January 30, 2018, 02:38:40 AM
I think this is a really serious problem. Of course I am afraid of hackers, because they can rob our money. We can lose our money any time and its hard to fight back.
Activity: 196
January 30, 2018, 02:27:38 AM
There is a Russian proverb "the fear of wolves-in the woods not to go." As well from hackers. Just be careful. As little information as possible stored on your PC and generally use UNIX system
Jump to: