Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 151. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 102
January 29, 2018, 07:53:55 PM
Im afraid to be hacked that is why im being more careful in clicking some links entering what ever sites. So many chances that our account could be hacked downloading some untrusted stuff but its in us if we are more careful hackers cannot easily hack our wallets I always ask from some experts when making transactions and reading some directions for safetiness.
I personally suppose that most of us all afraid of hacker. Some people have their asset even a huge assets in their own coin, if they are scammed, they may be very disappointed. I’ve known some people who loss all due to hacker, they are frustrated and don’t want to invest any coins. With the develop of technology, hacker can steal our account easily. If you are not lucky, you may be scammed. Therefore, you should be careful in many way. Most importantly, if you are cheated, don’t worry too much, you have many chances to start again.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 06:34:31 PM
Yes of course, hacker is the one that we need to be alert and we afraid of,  they spread to the world. Computers, banks and now in crypto world. Be private at all times because if we don't our money that we invest and our profit will be lost.
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
January 29, 2018, 06:01:18 PM
Most hacks aren't really hacks since they just mean you clicked on something you shouldn't have clicked on. Exchanges get hacked. Users click on phishing links.

If you:

-never click on links in emails, private messages etc.
-always double check urls in your address bar
-enable 2 factor for all your accounts

You are safer than most.

Things you plan on holding have no reason to be on your PC. Android devices are unfit for storing large amounts of crypto.
copper member
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 05:55:43 PM
Yep,I am afraid of.Because I have lost about $10000 When my mew has been hacked.I had some altcoins which I have purchased during ico and market price was also good.Among my altcoins Covesting(COV) and Bankex (BKX) made me profit a lot but I have lost.
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
January 29, 2018, 05:50:24 PM
One should take all precautionary measures to save oneself from hackers. You should use a PC with good antivirus so that it can keep away all the malware, use safe browsers, always double check the website you visit especially websites like myetherwallet, etc., so that you don't land up putting your private key on the fake website, using offline wallet or physical wallet is another good idea to keep your funds safe.
Activity: 41
Merit: 2
January 29, 2018, 05:50:06 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

I was not afraid until you asked about it! But seriously, where does this data come from? It is clear that many steal, but where taken are the exact figures? In any case, any of us need a powerful antivirus and steel nerves. Wink

Check here mate : https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@yadyasir/issledovanie-khakery-pokhitili-okolo-14-zapasov-bitkoina-i-ethereum
Activity: 55
January 29, 2018, 05:49:46 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
yes these kind of attacks you just can't prepare for these attacks happen infact i am so paranoid that i cover up my web camera.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
A New Exchange Era
January 29, 2018, 05:46:23 PM

I was not afraid until you asked about it! But seriously, where does this data come from? It is clear that many steal, but where taken are the exact figures? In any case, any of us need a powerful antivirus and steel nerves. Wink
Activity: 574
January 29, 2018, 05:42:40 PM
Yes i'm afraid to hackers but you must know to protect yourself to them. Specially the greedy people getting hacked because they go anywhere surfing with knowing that site is a bogus already and one thing don't go to the net cafe because sometimes you forget to log off your account there then the other people use your computer so that's it. So I suggest put your own net in your home.
Activity: 182
January 29, 2018, 05:41:37 PM
Of course i am!how we cannot be afraid we almost lose what we have spending almost all day long to earn the amount and it will only be gone in a minute because of hackers,it is to risky being scam or hacked it is the feeling of being wasted.
Activity: 324
Merit: 101
January 29, 2018, 05:39:18 PM
Yes, of course I am afraid of the hackers, I could not imagine how devastating I would be if all my bitcoins or altcoins are being stolen from my wallet when I wake up the next morning to check my wallet and saw all my bitcoins and altcoins missing from my wallets.
Try to keep money on the Ledger. This is an external device. The ego will be more difficult to break.
Activity: 42
January 29, 2018, 05:36:58 PM
yes i am so afraid that i cover up my webcam and i don't think you can be safe for these kinds of attacks
Activity: 306
Merit: 250
January 29, 2018, 05:27:57 PM
Yes, of course I am afraid of the hackers, I could not imagine how devastating I would be if all my bitcoins or altcoins are being stolen from my wallet when I wake up the next morning to check my wallet and saw all my bitcoins and altcoins missing from my wallets.
Activity: 308
Merit: 156
January 29, 2018, 05:25:45 PM
The more my capital grows the more I think about how I can protect it. Now I use the hardware wallet of Ledger Nano to store large sums. I am sure that my funds are safe. Now the most vulnerable coins on exchanges.
Activity: 94
January 29, 2018, 11:57:41 AM
just always have to be secure with the things are now
Activity: 1666
Merit: 629
January 29, 2018, 11:40:41 AM
You do not have to be afraid of hackers or other types of thieves unless you reveal yourself, but if you reveal yourself on social media it becomes easily bait for hackers.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
January 29, 2018, 11:39:48 AM
Sure, I think this is a thing that all Bitcoin users are scared. At present, this problem is increasingly, especially since the value of Bitcoin increased. To be safe, in my opinion, the first thing is that we need to hold privatekey, print it on paper and not store it in the computer or phone. Choose the safest wallet possible, if you own a large amount of Bitcoin, you should split out many different wallets. Another thing is that we need to browsing safely, be careful with the site is unclear, it may contain viruses
Activity: 431
Merit: 11
January 29, 2018, 11:27:43 AM
Yes. I think all of us afraid for hackers because the money that you worked to grow can be easily disappear. Scammers are like grasses growing anywhere you dont their plans money is the root of all evil thats why they find way to get it. Please be aware the safety is on our hands
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 11:25:23 AM
everyone in this forum or those playing with bitcoin or all coins will be afraid of hackers.  The ways to prevent hacker can be range from safer browsing like clear your cache and data don't use auto save password, get anti virus  and malware to make your computer save but this is not 100% foolproof can only greatly lower your chances of being hacked.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
January 29, 2018, 11:20:51 AM
Yea,I am afraid of hackers because before few days my 2 mew address has been hacked and I lost my all balance which was in the mew.

Yes bitcoin will not be easily hackable but from the past days many bitcoin websites and wallets are hacked by some hackers so prevention is better than cure so be aware with your wallet make more security on your bitcoin wallets.
Jump to: