Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 147. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 102
January 30, 2018, 06:15:00 AM
Being afraid of them will just paralize you and me if we keep on thinking of it. What I'm saying is, better to have safety precautions like making sure to browse in secured setup. Also, be careful of clicking unknown sites. Don't put your passwords wherever. Keep everything secured and private. Be mindful of your transactions as well.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
0x860FA3F15AcDFC7c7B379085EaC466645285237d
January 30, 2018, 06:05:21 AM
Yes i'm also afraid from hackers, so always be careful and aware especially when it comes of signing in our accounts in any unknown sites or any malicious documents.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
January 30, 2018, 06:02:38 AM
the newly developed technology has increased safety coefficients of convenience. but it should not be forgotten that thieves use these technologies. MyEtherwallet is very secure. the only complaint of the wallet is no return without forgetting the password
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
January 30, 2018, 05:53:36 AM
fears on he hacker can not be hidden by anyone, because the facts have proved that hackers have stolen a lot of things that harm many people, no exception crypto currency
Activity: 392
January 30, 2018, 05:50:53 AM
Hackers are people one should be afraid of because as technology is advancing, hackers are also advancing in their techniques. The best way to surf the net is to keep your details offline, use safer browsers like the new brave browser which is very good for ethereum network because it stops trackers and other unwanted malware from gaining access to your computer. These set of people are with no conscience and so they can steal without mercy not minding the effort and the pain their actions will cost their victims.
Activity: 280
January 30, 2018, 05:23:41 AM
I am generally not afraid of being hacked.

What I do fear however is that exchanges get hacked, every time I see a headline with "new crypto exchange hacked" I always fear it is one of those I am using.

However as any smart person would, I am holding most of my stuff personally.

But I have a small obsession about transferring my assists to exchanges, especially those "small" once that usually makes it possible to trade tokens from ICOs.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
January 30, 2018, 05:20:00 AM
who isnt afraid of hackers , imagine clearing your hard earn money , come on
Activity: 406
Merit: 121
January 30, 2018, 05:18:11 AM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
Use cold storage avoid phishing links and also try to avoid friendship with strangers on social media because many of hackers are now using new tool to hack wallets through Facebook and telegram,They send u docs and other type of files and when u click u got hack.Everyone is afraid of loosing his/her hardly earned money.
Activity: 161
January 30, 2018, 05:09:32 AM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
You don't have to be afraid if you know how to secure your wallet. It is a negligence of a person or a company if they got hacked. It is like a house that has lack of security where any robber can easily steal your belongings.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
COMBONetwork
January 30, 2018, 04:51:47 AM
As long as people can store their coin on right place and safety afraid of hackers may be reduced. Sometimes people get hacked are people who do not keep their assets in the right place like storing in exchange or using third party wallet.
Activity: 126
January 30, 2018, 04:41:11 AM
Yes,  I am afraid of the hackers but you must know to protect yourself from them. There are many ways to prevent yourself from hacking. Look for information on a variety of websites and forums in every transaction you will do. And also, be aware of phishers. Choose the safest wallet possible, if you own a large amount of Bitcoin, you should split out many different wallets or try to keep money on the Ledger. This is an external device. Another thing is that we need to browsing safely, be careful with the site is unclear, it may contain viruses.
Activity: 461
Merit: 101
January 30, 2018, 04:36:35 AM
I'd think everyone of us afraid of getting hacked, that's why we must to do something to avoid this kind of scenario's, use strong password that are alphanumeric and contain capital and lowercase letters, jumbled up numbers, punctuations etc, and the two factor authentication this also will help us to prevent any hacking attempt in our account. And last don't download any suspicious website Some files may contain malicious software that acts as a spyware without you knowing about it.
Activity: 912
January 30, 2018, 04:31:46 AM
You just need to observe the minimum security requirements when working with your wallet. Do not enter suspicious sites and in any case not pass your password or private key to suspicious persons. 
Do not be afraid of hackers. If they want to crack your wallet, they will do it. And there's nothing you can do about it.
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
January 30, 2018, 04:26:46 AM
Basically a hackers it's need really important to be carefull out for. And hackers only attacked on the careless people using unfit wallets and lack of security systems.
And I think sometimes our friend too.. could be said to be a hacker if we already to told him the password/private key to him, but he can't be trusted and when asked he doesn't confess. Grin
I'm afraid, but I'm very confident and really believe on the wallet site that I choose, it's really safe so far.
Just to be more consider about the wallet security on a wallet's site to avoid the hackers.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
January 30, 2018, 04:25:50 AM
As long as there is no troubling case I feel no worries.
as the case of ransomeware is dangerous and I am looking for information how to ward off hackers.
no more harm, I feel safe. I also hope there is no similar case.
Activity: 252
January 30, 2018, 04:09:57 AM
I'm sure all of us are afraid of hackers. But we can protect ourselves. By following the basic principles
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
Thank you for +Merit
January 30, 2018, 04:09:46 AM
I take every possible means of security. I store passwords in an inaccessible place. I use exchanges from another device, from which I do not go online for other activities.
Activity: 168
PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT
January 30, 2018, 04:05:47 AM
Yes offcourse iam very afraid of hacker, that why i used 2 FA/ factor authentification in every account of exchange and wallet. Beside that i only login from bookmark link to avoid phising link.

Indeed, most users, investors and holders are victims of the phishing hacks that's why they lose some of their crypto assets and that have them lessons.
Personally, every important sites for my crypto assets are being bookmarked in my browser in order to open the right site so there's no room for errors.
And also, using 2 FA authentication will ensure your exclusive access to your web based wallet and they way you will avoid hackers hijacks.
Activity: 294
January 30, 2018, 04:05:00 AM
To be honest i'm afraid of this stuff, but maybe the wallet we use also has hacker protection to solve this kind of problem. Therefore the wallet that we use requires access code via email or Authenticator
before log in or making a transaction. If indeed it will happen then maybe the bitcoin or ethereum users will protest the wallet maker.
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
January 30, 2018, 04:03:48 AM
I am not afraid, as i understand that cryptos are well protected, but all systems are hackable in general, so this is one of the risks of the crypto industry.
Jump to: