Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory 0.93 testing release! (with 0.05 BTC bug bounty) - page 22. (Read 35695 times)

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
Old minor bug, but still present in 0.92.99.1 :

When using the soft-keyboard (all 3 types) to input wallet unlock passphrase, use of the & character generates two characters instead of one (represented by two * symbols in the input box). Passphrases with any & characters cannot be input using the soft keyboard.
Activity: 290
Merit: 262
Is maith liom bitcoin
I hadn't used my computer today, but this evening switched it on and tried to get armory up and running. Went through everything else fairly quickly, but now stuck for the last half hour like this :/

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1360
Armory Developer
Also, an update on the transaction scanning: I moved it from my HDD to SSD and now the estimate is 8 hours, and disk IO is about 30-80 MB/s. Maybe there's a lot of random access going on, not just linear access? That would explain why it's running so much faster, even though my HDD's linear access is much higher than 1-3 MB/s.

LMDB doesn't keep much of its data sequentially as opposed to LevelDB, and that's demolishing HDD speeds. I'm working on some optimizations for HDDs.

I for one am greatly awaiting this optimization!  Wink I was at 66% on "Building Databases" and it said 9 hours left. I'm at 71% now and it says 3 days. I'm not complaining. I know it's beta code. I'm willing to wait because Armory is a great product and I believe in it. You know the old saying... To paraphrase "Good things come to those who wait"

Obviously we're not gonna release a DB in a poor state.
Activity: 306
Merit: 250
Also, an update on the transaction scanning: I moved it from my HDD to SSD and now the estimate is 8 hours, and disk IO is about 30-80 MB/s. Maybe there's a lot of random access going on, not just linear access? That would explain why it's running so much faster, even though my HDD's linear access is much higher than 1-3 MB/s.

LMDB doesn't keep much of its data sequentially as opposed to LevelDB, and that's demolishing HDD speeds. I'm working on some optimizations for HDDs.

I for one am greatly awaiting this optimization!  Wink I was at 66% on "Building Databases" and it said 9 hours left. I'm at 71% now and it says 3 days. I'm not complaining. I know it's beta code. I'm willing to wait because Armory is a great product and I believe in it. You know the old saying... To paraphrase "Good things come to those who wait"

legendary
Armory Developer

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
If you shut down Armory while it's building its database, when you reopen it (even using --offline) and double-click on any address of any wallet it crashes.

Code:
(ERROR) -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "qtdialogs.pyc", line 1968, in dblClickAddressView
  File "qtdialogs.pyc", line 3783, in __init__
  File "CppBlockUtils.pyc", line 1927, in getSpendableBalance
RuntimeError: Cannot start transaction without db env
Activity: 250
Merit: 253
Activity: 250
Merit: 253
During the transaction scanning of my new supernode, if I close Armory, it attempts to shut down, then crashes. http://imgur.com/a/t63L7
The logs don't record any errors, just that a stop was requested:
Code:
2015-01-14 06:56 (INFO) -- ArmoryQt.py:6570 - BDM state is scanning -- force shutdown BDM
Code:
-INFO  - 1421240169: (..\BDM_mainthread.cpp:273) Stop requested detected
-INFO  - 1421240533: (..\BDM_mainthread.cpp:273) Stop requested detected
Activity: 547
Merit: 500
Decor in numeris
is this build supposed to let you send a transaction without the fee?

Up to now, it always forced me to put in 0.0001, but in this build, I can send zero fee transactions.

That has been possible for a while, but probably only if your coins are old enough that no fee is required by the network to propagate your transaction.
Is maith liom bitcoin
is this build supposed to let you send a transaction without the fee?

Up to now, it always forced me to put in 0.0001, but in this build, I can send zero fee transactions.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
This is my very first time to report an Armory issue so if I'm doing it wrong please be gentle and forgive me.

Armory Version: 0.92.99.1
Bitcoin Version 0.1+

For starters I have Bitcoin and Armory set up to write to a USB 1TB drive due to space restrictions on my local hard drive. I'm using the commands:

Armory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe" --settings="G:\Armory\ArmorySettings.txt" --satoshi-datadir="G:\Armory" --datadir="G:\Bitcoin"

Bitcoin: "C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe" -conf="G:\Bitcoin\bitcoin.conf" -datadir="G:\Bitcoin"

What I am seeing is that if you let Armory call bitcoind (via Armory Settings) then everything works as it should. But If I try to run in the configuration where Armory expects Bitcoin-QT or bitcoind to already be running as a separate process and attach to it on start-up, the Armory screen flashes up briefly and then disappears. By doing a Ctrl-Alt-Del to see the process table, I can see that Armory-QT is still running even though the GUI has died. I have to manually kill Armory-QT in order to stop the process. I have tried this about 5 times in order to make sure the problem is re-producible. After killing the process I can restart Armory-QT and tell it to call bitcoind itself setting the Bitcoin Install Dir to "C:\Program Files\Bitcoin" and the Bitcoin Home Dir to "G:\Bitcoin" and everything works as it should.

I hope I reported this correctly.

I can confirm this. Mine is acting the same way. Can't run the Bitcoin-QT client separately without Armory-QT crashing the GUI. I also show the Armory-QT client still running in the process table.

Is maith liom bitcoin
This time, if in web properties, and you click send bitcoin, and then add in different users, but put in blank or wrong messages, it pops up a number instead of an error message, based on how many addresses you have. It's linked to bug 3 from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10105064

Is maith liom bitcoin
Right, now for some more bugs

sortable headers in transactions screen do nothing. I click them and the arrow changes, but nothing moves

something weird is also happening with the balance column in wallet settings

When default size the balance column centers weird

Then when you shrink the screen, it jumps over the place

Is maith liom bitcoin
come on armory, you can do it  Roll Eyes

Right, that finished

It then started on this block

and it's currently on block

So 96 blocks behind, which is about when I restarted things after changing the pagefile.

I'll see if it now syncs up to the current block on it's own. Yep, after a few minutes it did find the next block and now it's up to date.
Is maith liom bitcoin
97% now reporting 1 hour to go
Is maith liom bitcoin
should this process in a release version take this long? Up to 91% now, reporting 4 hours to go
legendary
Armory Developer
85%, reporting 4 hours now, although the number randomly just jumps around.

maybe incorporate some sort of mini-game for the wait, or a value/total transactions counting down (or up) until it's up to date? The time doesn't make sense, so are there other options on the dashboard screen to show something else?

Nothing more on the dashboard. If you were running this on Linux, you'd see a report in the terminal for each 2500 block milestone. We'll adjust the progress bar granularity eventually.
Is maith liom bitcoin
85%, reporting 4 hours now, although the number randomly just jumps around.

maybe incorporate some sort of mini-game for the wait, or a value/total transactions counting down (or up) until it's up to date? The time doesn't make sense, so are there other options on the dashboard screen to show something else?
legendary
Armory Developer
HDD is getting murdered I see. I'll test building on a HDD and optimize fullnode for that. Supernode is hopeless on a HDD to begin with.
Is maith liom bitcoin
Power settings are on high performance

on

Up to 78% now.
Pages:
Jump to: