Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory 0.93 testing release! (with 0.05 BTC bug bounty) - page 26. (Read 35695 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
1) Can't export Log File. On a new Linux install, Core 0.10.0 and in Supernode go to "File" > "Export Log File" > "OK"

(DEBUG) ArmoryQt.py:4038 - exportLogFile
(ERROR) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 4049, in exportLogFile
    if self.logFilePrivacyWarning(wCancel=True):
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 4132, in logFilePrivacyWarning
    review."""), wCancel=wCancel, yesStr="&Ok")
  File "/usr/lib/armory/qtdefines.py", line 477, in MsgBoxCustom
    dlg = dlgWarn(wtype, title, msg, wCancel, yesStr, noStr)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/qtdefines.py", line 408, in __init__
    super(dlgWarn, self).__init__(None)
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 4049, in exportLogFile
    if self.logFilePrivacyWarning(wCancel=True):
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 4132, in logFilePrivacyWarning
    review."""), wCancel=wCancel, yesStr="&Ok")
  File "/usr/lib/armory/qtdefines.py", line 477, in MsgBoxCustom
    dlg = dlgWarn(wtype, title, msg, wCancel, yesStr, noStr)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/qtdefines.py", line 408, in __init__
    super(dlgWarn, self).__init__(None)
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

2) On Windows it correctly displays "You are using the latest version of core Bitcoin (0.10.0)" while on Linux using 0.10.0 gives "Core Bitcoin version 0.9.3 is available [Secure Downloader]"

Linux:

Windows:
Activity: 250
Merit: 253
That's actually a long-standing bug with Armory...  if the datadir doesn't exist, it uses the default.  I've wanted to fix it for like a year, but I guess it never quite hit priority.
Ok. It's still far from a critical bug, but it is an annoying bug that people are a little more likely to run into when upgrading to this version (since the DB isn't compatible, people might want to pick a new location). Any chance it'll make it into this release?

Another thing:

Spacing here could be better.

And speaking of issues like that, I submitted a pull request a while ago reporting some minor typos. The typos are still in the source. Can they be fixed for this release?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
Using 0.92.99.1 on Windows 7.
I started Armory with the following command line (D:\Armory does not exist yet):
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe" --satoshi-datadir="D:\bitcoin" --datadir="D:\Armory" --supernode
Without showing any error message, Armory opened using %appdata%\Armory as its data directory.
If I create D:\Armory first, it works as expected.

That's actually a long-standing bug with Armory...  if the datadir doesn't exist, it uses the default.  I've wanted to fix it for like a year, but I guess it never quite hit priority.
Activity: 250
Merit: 253
Using 0.92.99.1 on Windows 7.
I started Armory with the following command line (D:\Armory does not exist yet):
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe" --satoshi-datadir="D:\bitcoin" --datadir="D:\Armory" --supernode
Without showing any error message, Armory opened using %appdata%\Armory as its data directory.
If I create D:\Armory first, it works as expected.

I expected that it would create the directory. If it can't/won't do that for some reason, I'd at least expect that it told me so, instead of silently falling back to the other location (not least because that's an SSD where space is too precious for something like this).
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
Senior Developer - Armory
Hey everyone. As Alan said, the OS X version will probably still be a bit unstable for some people. The good news is that I have a significant fix in mind. An upgrade to Qt (an underlying library) is supposed to be released next month. I've been doing some testing with a "snapshot" version. It fixes several annoying problems I've seen and have been unable to fix. I thought about including it in this release but I wasn't sure if people would be comfortable using a snapshot build that wasn't from an official source. In any event, the LMDB DB seems stable on my machine. I've used it to conduct quite a few significant mainnet and testnet transactions. No problems occurred. As always, though, there may be some bugs I'm not aware of. (I found one just this morning by accident.)

As always, feedback is encouraged and appreciated. If you come across any bugs, please don't hesitate to file a report. If it's something that I feel is unrelated to Qt, I'll get on it. If I feel that it is related, I'll test it when Qt 4.8.7 is released and properly integrated.

Thanks for testing Armory! We really appreciate it.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
Armory 0.93 Testing Release  (0.92.99.7-testing)
Bug Bounty Started:  0.05 BTC per bug!

REMEMBER:  Download links are at the bottom but you can get the new version through the secure downloader.  Armory will check the signatures for you!

NOTE:  If you upgrade Core to 0.10 you must use this new version of Armory.  Armory 0.92.3 and older does not work with headers-first!

Hi all,

Finally, we have a solid testing release for 0.93.  This version has taken us quite a long time because it represents a substantial reworking of the blockchain engine as well as the inter-thread communication.  Much of Armory looks the same as it did in previous versions, but now it's 100% scalable, handling wallets that even have a 1,000,000+ addresses and transactions in their history.  It also does things in the background such as address and wallet imports, which no longer force you offline.  Because of the new threading engine, there's a whole class of stability problems that don't exist anymore (specifically BDM timeout errors that cascaded into unusability and required restarting Armory;  usually with larger wallets).  

Special thanks to goatpig and njaard who have spent many months the new blockchain engine!

Especially important for our more-hardcore users, we now have a "supernode" mode, that doubles Armory's DB size, but indexes all scripts on the blockchain.  If you delete your databases and start Armory with "--supernode", you'll build a DB that does instant importing of addresses and wallets.  It could be used to build a block explorer or an Electrum-style server for feeding lite-nodes (for everyone who's asked about lite-Armory, completion of supernode was a critical milestone that needed to be crossed to even think about it).

KEEP IN MIND:  This new version uses a new DB engine (LMDB instead of LevelDB).  This means that the 0.93 databases are incompatible with any already-built databases.  And it won't delete them automatically -- you must do it manually if you don't want both versions.  This was done to accommodate users that have to jump back to 0.92 if the latest version doesn't work for them.  We recommend simply using a new datadir for testing.

REMEMBER:  You can always get the new version through the secure downloader.  Armory will check the signatures for you!  Download links are provided here as a convenience for those testing in non-secure environments.

NOTE2:  I have no expectations of the OSX build working.  If it does, it would be a blessing.  We've had to stir some things up, and didn't have time to solidify before this testing release.  It'll come soon!

Armory 0.92.99.7-testing for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8+ (32- and 64-bit)
  Armory 0.92.99.7-testing for MacOSX 10.7+ (64bit)
  Armory 0.92.99.7-testing for Ubuntu 12.04+ (32bit)
  Armory 0.92.99.7-testing for Ubuntu 12.04+ (64bit)
  Armory 0.92.99.7-testing for RaspberryPi  (armhf)

Armory 0.92.99.7-testing Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 12.04 exact (32bit)
  Armory 0.92.99.7-testing Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 12.04 exact (64bit)
  Armory 0.92.99.7-testing Offline Bundle for RaspberryPi  (armhf)

Armory 0.92.99.7-testing: Signed hashes of all installers

Semi-official changelog:

VERSION 0.92.99.7
Released Jan 9, 2015

- New Scalable Blockchain Engine
        This version of Armory will look very similar to previous versions,
        but actually has a completely new, scalable database engine (using
        LMDB instead of LevelDB).  The engine can now handle wallets with
        millions of addresses and transactions!

- Compatible with Bitcoin Core 0.10 and "headers-first"
        The most recent version of Bitcoin Core includes a parallel network
        synchronization feature called "headers-first" which is incompatible
        with previous versions of Armory.  This version is required to use
        with Bitcoin Core 0.10 and newer.  Torrent-based bootstrapping will
        be removed in the next version of Armory.

- Improved Threading and Reliability
        With the new backend comes overhauled inter-thread messaging.  This
        resolves a ton of stubborn stability issues that Armory has had in
        the past, especially with large wallets and transaction histories.  

- Address and Wallet Importing in Background
        Importing wallets and addresses now induces background scans which
        do not disable the interface (previously forced you into offline
        mode for the duration of the scan).  

- Supernode Mode
        Use the "--supernode" flag before creating the databases to create
        a supernode database that enables instant address & wallet import.
        This is an enabling feature for high-volume, consumer facing apps
        and services to be built on Armory, such as exchanges and block-
        explorers.  NOTE: Running with --supernode will result in an Armory
        database approximately double the size of the blockchain!  

- Improved armoryd.py
        The daemon version of armory, armoryd.py, has been fully updated and
        tested with the new database engine.  Also includes a new "webshop"
        sample application that demonstrates basic usage of armoryd.py to
        collect & verify payments, generate unsigned transactions, etc.

Pages:
Jump to: