Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory 0.96 is out - page 5. (Read 13794 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
June 15, 2017, 05:08:24 AM
You can set the blockchain path with --satoshi-datadir, the db path with --dbdir. You can create armorydb.conf in your datadir's folder and set the args there if you don't want to bother with them every run.

Could you specify this dir more presicely, is it this ....Roaming/Armory/databaseses ?

And what exactly should be put into armorydb.conf ?  Please,  give an example

Today did transaction (with 0.96.0.2) that succeed but some error window has poped up

what is this?

In fact I has put a bit lower fee than suggested one (200 Sat/B instead of suggested 400 Sat/B). However it was included into the 1st following block , but such error was a bit  distracting to me
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
June 14, 2017, 05:51:16 PM
Will have to figure it out with autotools. yey....
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
June 14, 2017, 03:52:42 PM
git submodule init
git submodule update

This did confuse a lot of people, and it will be many more.
I'd suggest to print a clear errormessage if submodules are missing, and ask the use if the above was done?

Ente
legendary
Armory Developer
June 13, 2017, 08:05:22 PM
A proper cold storage setup is preferable to a HW wallet. These are better suited for daily spending purposes.

You can't import your Multibit seed in Armory as is. If you want to migrate your funds to Armory, should create a wallet in Armory, grab a recipient address and send your coins to that from Multibit. You can also reveal the private keys in Multibit and sweep them in Armory, but that's a whole let more prone to error.

You can run the blockchain data in an external drive. If you have another machine, you can set the node + database on that machine and run the client on your regular PC if you feel so inclined. Your biggest limitation is bootstrapping the node, which demands a lot of bandwidth and disk space.

As for August 1st, all pre fork coins will be present on both side of the fork. Anything you spend past that point can and will be mimicked on both sides, unless you taint your coins to be valid on only a given side. If you are dead set on which side you want to be in, you can go down that path. Otherwise you are better off just sitting it out.
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
One World
June 13, 2017, 07:46:32 PM
I'm trying that way to retrieve my funds. Got to scan all the addresses! https://iancoleman.github.io/bip39/

Just a question. Can a run a node on an external hard drive with the installation as is? And is it safe to store my bit coins before the first of August?

Actually I heard a lot of stuff, but it's not as bad as people think right?! No need for a Trezor wallet...

What are you thoughts Goatpig?
legendary
Armory Developer
June 13, 2017, 05:56:52 PM
Do I have to run a full node? Got 5gb left.

I'm trying to retrieve a seed from a multibit HD wallet that I've been using since 2 years... Dunno what happened, but the password doesn't work.

Anyway just money ey!

Armory can't make sense of that seed. From what I'm being told, no other wallet currently can besides Multibit itself. And yes, Armory requires a full node.
legendary
Armory Developer
June 13, 2017, 05:55:50 PM
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
June 13, 2017, 05:30:33 PM
Reply to goatpig: Are the testing builds in the currently available download? If not, do you know when they be released?
UPDATE: Found a solution (or got lucky). I found helpful threads elsewhere that I did not find before and tried many variations. Sharing here to hopefully help someone else. Closed Bitcoin Core and Armory. Restarted computer. Opened only Armory in Admin user from shortcut menu. Ran offline, so skipped loading wallet. In Armory Help, reset to factory default and chose middle option to delete Armory database and settings but retained Bitcoin Core database. Closed Armory and restarted computer. Only opened Armory again in Admin user. Let it run and it fully populated the database. Never opened Bitcoin Core in this sequence. I had tried many of these options together but not in this sequence.
One World
June 13, 2017, 05:17:38 PM
Do I have to run a full node? Got 5gb left.

I'm trying to retrieve a seed from a multibit HD wallet that I've been using since 2 years... Dunno what happened, but the password doesn't work.

Anyway just money ey!
legendary
Armory Developer
June 13, 2017, 04:48:09 PM
Don't see this posted yet. Windows 7 Pro new install 64 bit, plenty of HD space. Installed Bitcoin Core 14.1, fully synched chain; installed Armory 0.96. Run Armory in Admin mode, starts building database. Gets however far, errors out during "parsed block file #XXX). Most recent:
ERROR – 14973716-40..\SocketObject.cpp:134: (..\SocketObject.cpp) :285) POLLERR in writeToSocket
-ERROR – 1497371641: (..\SocketObject.cpp:126) poll() error in writeToSocket: 10038
-ERROR – 1497371641: (..\BitcoinidP2P.cppL1027( caught SocketError exception in processDataStackThread: POLLERR error in readFromSocketThread
-INFO  - 1497371641: (..\BitcoindP2P.cpp969) Disconnected from Bitcoin node
Appears to keep losing connection with Bicoin Core database. I reset Armory to factory settings deleting Armory database and settings but keeping Bitcoin Core database, restart Armory. Keeps getting error at different level of database build. Directory paths are correct. Is there another option besides deleting the entire Bitcoin Core database, uninstalling both programs, deleting all appdata for both programs and starting the blockchain build all over in Bitcoin Core and burning another 10 days? I previously also tried building the chain with only Armory 0.96 installed without Bitcoin Core and it would not even start the database build.

This is fixed in the testing builds.
legendary
Armory Developer
June 13, 2017, 04:47:50 PM
https://btcarmory.com/docs/faq

Can't find the command. And as well, can I retrieve a Multibit 18 words bip32 seed with this wallet?

That's for 0.97

Now, I need to change the "Path" that is wrong apparently!

Which path? You can set the blockchain path with --satoshi-datadir, the db path with --dbdir. You can create armorydb.conf in your datadir's folder and set the args there if you don't want to bother with them every run.
One World
June 13, 2017, 02:54:35 PM
I launched it with this command: open -a Armory

Still the same.

Edit: Resolved, I manually launched ArmoryDB.

Now, I need to change the "Path" that is wrong apparently!
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
June 13, 2017, 01:50:44 PM
Don't see this posted yet. Windows 7 Pro new install 64 bit, plenty of HD space. Installed Bitcoin Core 14.1, fully synched chain; installed Armory 0.96. Run Armory in Admin mode, starts building database. Gets however far, errors out during "parsed block file #XXX). Most recent:
ERROR – 14973716-40..\SocketObject.cpp:134: (..\SocketObject.cpp) :285) POLLERR in writeToSocket
-ERROR – 1497371641: (..\SocketObject.cpp:126) poll() error in writeToSocket: 10038
-ERROR – 1497371641: (..\BitcoinidP2P.cppL1027( caught SocketError exception in processDataStackThread: POLLERR error in readFromSocketThread
-INFO  - 1497371641: (..\BitcoindP2P.cpp969) Disconnected from Bitcoin node
Appears to keep losing connection with Bicoin Core database. I reset Armory to factory settings deleting Armory database and settings but keeping Bitcoin Core database, restart Armory. Keeps getting error at different level of database build. Directory paths are correct. Is there another option besides deleting the entire Bitcoin Core database, uninstalling both programs, deleting all appdata for both programs and starting the blockchain build all over in Bitcoin Core and burning another 10 days? I previously also tried building the chain with only Armory 0.96 installed without Bitcoin Core and it would not even start the database build.
One World
June 13, 2017, 11:53:31 AM
https://btcarmory.com/docs/faq

Can't find the command. And as well, can I retrieve a Multibit 18 words bip32 seed with this wallet?
legendary
Armory Developer
June 13, 2017, 11:29:09 AM
Make sure there isn't an instance of ArmoryDB running. Then start the DB yourself with your command line arg.
One World
June 13, 2017, 10:31:24 AM
Armory failed to spawn the DB!
One World
June 13, 2017, 09:15:11 AM
Thanks again
legendary
Armory Developer
June 13, 2017, 08:59:04 AM
How are you trying to build from source without setting up the git to get the source?
You publish the source code together with the binaries on your release pages. 
(Could it be that the submodules are missing there?)

I don't publish that, git does it automatically. Maybe that's the issue...

How are you trying to build from source without setting up the git to get the source?

Pick a top folder for the repo then do the following:

git clone https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory.git
cd BitcoinArmory
git submodule init
git submodule update

Then follow the build instructions from within that folder.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
June 13, 2017, 08:52:17 AM
You publish the source code together with the binaries on your release pages. 
(Could it be that the submodules are missing there?)
One World
June 13, 2017, 08:46:45 AM
I'm following the notes. What's the command? Thanks for your help!
Pages:
Jump to: