Pages:
Author

Topic: [ASIC] Avalon Overclockable Chips and Boards :: Idaho, USA :: 0:0 Remaining - page 4. (Read 18066 times)

Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
Should be a slam dunk to request the refund. In the Avalon news thread someone posted that their order status changed to shipped after they requested a refund.

Unfortunately I think you may be right. Although its good news Garr255 shares the sentiment of his group buy participants, time for refunds are dwindling. Although Yifu can issue refunds I think we all know Yifu does not want to refund bulk orders.

This late May order could easily ship next week while we wait for Cognitive's shareholders to vote:

Code:
COGNITIVE: Motion YES: 1438 - NO: 0 - ABSTAIN: 2 - OUTSTANDING: 10420 (1438/10418 = 13.8% Approval)
Title Avalon Refund
Vote Between 2013-09-06 16:00:00 (EDT)  and  2013-09-13 16:00:00 (EDT) -- Polls Currently Open!
Motion

If this motions passes, we shall request a refund from the group-buy organizers we used to purchase our Avalon chips. Additionally, all COG.F contracts will be converted at a 1:1 rate to COG.F2 contracts. This should be beneficial to holders of each fund, because Cognitive now has better (more cost+power effective) alternatives to Avalon chips.

I'm worried about the situation us smaller guys might be found in while waiting another week just to submit the refund request.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Should be a slam dunk to request the refund. In the Avalon news thread someone posted that their order status changed to shipped after they requested a refund.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
In addition to my yes vote... id also like to say i wouldn't mind if OP deducts some fees for handling, etc... i think a considerable amount of work was put in organizing things...

I just sent out an email, here is a copy of it:

Hey all,

Please respond to this email with a "YES" to vote for a refund or a "NO" to vote against a refund from Avalon. Personally, I will be voting for a refund. Avalon has failed to deliver the chips on time and is now offering a full refund in BTC. I will refund the btc recieved from Avalon to each group-buy participant proportionally to the total amount I receive from Avalon. For more info regarding the matter please refer to the forums.

Best,
Garrett

If you were a participant in the group-buy and didn't receive this, email me your vote: asic[at]garr255[dotcom]

MilkyLep: Cognitive and myself were both very large participants in this group-buy, and I will be voting yes for a refund. Cognitive's vote will come in soon.

--Garrett
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
In addition to my yes vote... id also like to say i wouldn't mind if OP deducts some fees for handling, etc... i think a considerable amount of work was put in organizing things...
Hopefully now that its the weekend Garr will have some time to drop in before the frat parties start!  Tongue

As far as votes are being considered, when you say it'll be a percentage that determines refund/no refund status, are your (or Cog's) chips being included in the count and/or vote? I imagine you "own" the majority of the bulk order? Would you mind sharing a rough estimate of who owns what percentage of chips? (Private investor/group buyers/Cognitive/etc?)Sorry if I'm stating the obvious or making assumptions here, I just want everything to be clear so there are no misunderstandings, not attempting to rile anyone up.

At this point in time I'd vote for a refund as well. Unless by some miracle Avalon decides to ship 2 for 1 orders. That'd sure make my Chi feel better...

No email yet.  Am I being presumptive to say let's just go ahead and vote here?  Well anyway, here's another 50 votes for a refund.  We've got to get the ball rolling.
I didn't get any email but would vote for refund at this point.
32 chips.

same here 102 chips

No email yet.  Am I being presumptive to say let's just go ahead and vote here?  Well anyway, here's another 50 votes for a refund.  We've got to get the ball rolling.
Activity: 378
I haven't received any email. Has the email been sent ?
legendary
What's a GPU?
I understand, and it will be sent out tonight (PST).

Perhaps I'm wrong, but if we are moving forward with a refund survey, waiting is the last thing we should be doing.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but if we are moving forward with a refund survey, waiting is the last thing we should be doing.
legendary
What's a GPU?
To be clear here, are you counting % of actual votes? Otherwise, if someone doesn't see the message, they are automatically counted as for not getting a refund, right? That doesn't sound legit.

I think you're right in your thinking: We should count non-responders as voting for a refund.
legendary
What's a GPU?
I haven't sent out that email yet, you can expect to see it by the end of this week.
Activity: 322
Supersonic
32 chips.

same here 102 chips
Activity: 378
32 chips.

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
At this point the chips are beginning to look unprofitable and worse unattainable. Yifu seems to be buckling under the pressure and implies bulk chip orders (for out of China residents) may never arrive. Since he has put up a form for refunds, what are you're opinions on requesting one? It seems some individuals in the group buy wish to request a refund...?

I have been confronted by a few individuals requesting refunds, and I have recently stopped accepting them because I have been doing it entirely out-of-pocket. I will poll all of the group-buy participants via email. One chip ordered will count as one vote, and if 50% or more of the chip-votes vote to request a refund, that is what we will do and everyone will be refunded at the same rate per chip that I am given back from Avalon.

I am sorry that Avalon has failed to deliver so far, and I will do everything I can to make sure this situation has the best result possible.
To be clear here, are you counting % of actual votes? Otherwise, if someone doesn't see the message, they are automatically counted as for not getting a refund, right? That doesn't sound legit.
legendary
What's a GPU?
At this point the chips are beginning to look unprofitable and worse unattainable. Yifu seems to be buckling under the pressure and implies bulk chip orders (for out of China residents) may never arrive. Since he has put up a form for refunds, what are you're opinions on requesting one? It seems some individuals in the group buy wish to request a refund...?

I have been confronted by a few individuals requesting refunds, and I have recently stopped accepting them because I have been doing it entirely out-of-pocket. I will poll all of the group-buy participants via email. One chip ordered will count as one vote, and if 50% or more of the chip-votes vote to request a refund, that is what we will do and everyone will be refunded at the same rate per chip that I am given back from Avalon.

I am sorry that Avalon has failed to deliver so far, and I will do everything I can to make sure this situation has the best result possible.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Hey all,

Sorry for the long wait before this update, like BeesBros said, I'm in the process of moving and have been extremely busy the past few weeks.

As for this project, everything is ready to go on my end, we're just waiting for the delivery of the chips from Avalon, which they keep delaying just like BFL did.

--Garrett
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Hope we can get a refund... Hope Garr comes back
Activity: 457
Merit: 291
I believe Garr has just started college and spent this past week(s) moving from ID to MT and also moved his mining operations with him. This might be part of the reason he has been rather absent on the forums...
Seeing as how Bitsyncom managed a massive clusterfuck of bulk chip delivery promises, (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3032534)
will you be pursuing a refund? There's a great chance these chips will produce horrendous ROI similar to early AM usb erupters.

bitterdog :
I'm not defending eroxors' opinion, but it is not unusual for Garr to post somewhat weekly updates here or in his Cognitive Asset thread in Securities.
Pages:
Jump to: