Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Auction: 10 Block Erupter Blades -ended- - page 23. (Read 102526 times)

donator
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
3 @ 34BTC

Thanks for the work you are providing here John.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
(Thanks fsk141!)

Courtesy recap of potential winners:
bitsalameBTC40
psjw4450BTC35
kokojieBTC33.5
kokojieBTC33.5
kokojieBTC33.5
kokojieBTC33.5
kokojieBTC33.5
Minor MinerBTC33
Minor MinerBTC33
Minor MinerBTC33
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
I confirm that I will be managing this auction as a third-party organizer, and I will be doing the following:

1. Collect data and get the final winners list with their order quantity and price.
2. Collect and forward the questions in PMs, then forward friedcat's answers to the public.

I will also be posting an updated list occasionally. The following questions will be forwarded to friedcat:
Please PM me for any questions you want to ask him to not clog up the thread.

1. What is the delivery time for this? Do you have current stock on hand for immediate shipping after the auction has concluded?

Quote from: mrb on Today at 05:41:52 AM

Does it mean that these blades are different from the 64-chip ones found in these pictures?:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1493791

3. Are there any sample photos of the blades? (Note that these photos can be reused at a future auction so getting some will be great)
3 i. Are these just raw boards with no chassis? (answered easily with the photos)

4. Does the direct network connection support stratum? 

5. Are backup pools implemented?

6. Just to confirm, is the boards shipping from Hong Kong?
Activity: 499
Merit: 500
Can we get a list of the top bids. Thanks

Are you for real?  There have been exactly 2 bids placed since the last summary was posted. 
vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Can we get a list of the top bids. Thanks
Activity: 252
Subbed...
donator
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Preaching the gospel of Satoshi
Guys stop polluting the auction thread.
This thread is specifically to make bids.
If you want to discuss, create another thread on a more appropriate subforum.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
each blades or item is 10gh/s and some bidding for 33? meaning 10gh/s for $2310? am i correct?

I know, I know.  I don't quite get it at this level.

Well you need to compare it to FPGA/GPU mining. There isn't any point comparing to Avalon or BFL since most people can't get their hands on either - what OP is offering is reliable delivery of 10gh/s at a reliable date, and there's definitely a premium on that.

I even tried to stretch my imagination that far and it didn't click.  BTC20-30 is where I figured this was going to finish, I opened at 10 @ BTC20.  Maybe I am not using my imagination well enough.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
Activity: 471
Merit: 256
each blades or item is 10gh/s and some bidding for 33? meaning 10gh/s for $2310? am i correct?

It seems they are looking at projections far beyond 1 year. My projections to August indicate ~26BTC, assuming they magically appear at my doorstep at the next difficulty change tomorrow.  With anything after that being <1BTC/month, slowly declining. I'd have been willing to do 1@20, if I had the coin but I would have considered it very risky. I would have posted 1@10 had I seen this thread before right now.

I guess anything past 30BTC is the "I want an ASICminer device for posterity" factor. I suppose you could push that to 35.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Friedcat,

Does the direct network connection support stratum?  Are backup pools implemented?
That's basically the point of my comment before.

The answer to "What software is in it?" should hopefully answer any other related questions too.

I've never received a dev board and I don't know if any of the others, who were also told they'd get one, have received them either.

So I can only guess it is some custom software they wrote themselves, which would seem like an immense waste of time or be rather limited in features.
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

This is for 10ghs NOW not in 3-12 months
Activity: 315
Merit: 255

Well you need to compare it to FPGA/GPU mining. There isn't any point comparing to Avalon or BFL since most people can't get their hands on either - what OP is offering is reliable delivery of 10gh/s at a reliable date, and there's definitely a premium on that.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

donator
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Preaching the gospel of Satoshi
ar9
Activity: 352

Yes, you're correct.
Activity: 406
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1013
Be A Digital Miner
Courtesy recap of potential winners:
psjw4450BTC35
ChoadzillaBTC33
LainZBTC33
Minor MinerBTC33
Minor MinerBTC33
Minor MinerBTC33
Minor MinerBTC33
Phil21BTC32
fsk141BTC31
fsk141BTC31

Not to be too picky (since there is a long time still to go) but since my bid at 33 was first, I would at the top of the 33s.....
Activity: 362
1@33

This is probably a dumb question... but where is ASICMINER located exactly and where will these be shipping from? As we see from Avalon batch 1, customs delay does matter a lot, especially since the expediency of these blades are their major selling point Tongue
China.

More specifically Hong Kong.

(And I know first-hand that parcels from Hong Kong often arrive to Europe quicker than inter-Europe parcels.)
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
1@33

This is probably a dumb question... but where is ASICMINER located exactly and where will these be shipping from? As we see from Avalon batch 1, customs delay does matter a lot, especially since the expediency of these blades are their major selling point Tongue
China.
Pages:
Jump to: