Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER AUCTION 2000 sahres. - page 12. (Read 16259 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
February 17, 2013, 03:31:31 PM
Can I be the one to point out the typo in the thread title?  2000 sahres.
donator
Activity: 919
February 17, 2013, 02:52:49 PM
This is a  Auctions thread. You can't edit posts. And moderators can't do it too, I think...
Oh..oops, sorry for all the posts. Meant to edit my first one, but it appears the "edit" button is missing...  Undecided

Mods, feel free to delete this post and the one before it with just the quote.

Ha, yeah so I noticed Undecided

Well anyway, back to the original question: Goat, why are you offering them at .38 when they were originally purchased at .1? What makes these 2000 shares so special that they require a 380% markup?

My auction is still running in another thread and ASICMINER shares are currently going for 0.44BTC each, so please allow me to take the ball and answer your question.

When friedcat offered participation in his venture 6+ months ago, this was not more than a bet whether he could compete with the established players. Assume at that times you invested money in ASICMINER, BFL, Avalon and bASIC equally to diversify your risk. Today, ASICMINER won the race (ok, Avalon delivered first, but not to us mortals) and that's why you are asked to pay 300% risk surcharge - thats what you pay to someone else taking the risk for you.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
February 17, 2013, 02:39:27 PM
This is a  Auctions thread. You can't edit posts. And moderators can't do it too, I think...
Oh..oops, sorry for all the posts. Meant to edit my first one, but it appears the "edit" button is missing...  Undecided

Well anyway, back to the original question: Goat, why are you offering them at .38 when they were originally purchased at .1? What makes these 2000 shares so special that they require a 380% markup?

Because that's what the market rate is this week, there are a number of threads selling at higher prices.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
February 17, 2013, 02:31:39 PM

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
bitcoin is an expression of freedom.
February 17, 2013, 01:31:49 PM

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
February 17, 2013, 01:24:13 PM
Soooo...Why's bidding starting at 380% of the IPO price?
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
February 17, 2013, 01:10:20 PM
25 @ 0.39
vip
Activity: 840
February 17, 2013, 07:41:53 AM
PM #2

Hi Chaang Noi  Smiley

I would like to bid for 400 asicmining shares at 0.38 btc each for a total of 152 btc.

Regards,
vip
February 17, 2013, 07:23:41 AM
I would like to make a small change to the auction. I would like to avoid snipers and would like to extend the the end time of the auction for 30 mins after the last bid. This means the auction will not end until there has been 30 mins with no new bids.

This should stop someone from getting all the shares at the last second.

Also about the past drama that has entered this thread you can read about it here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-thoughts-on-why-i-was-banned-for-trolling-144614

Zefir thank you for clearing up the confusion but you are 100% correct to recommend escrow always be used. Even though I am "trusted" my account could have been hacked or taken over. Always be safe and trust no one!

Thanks guys.
Activity: 420
bitcoin is an expression of freedom.
February 17, 2013, 06:53:03 AM
250 @ 0.38
vip
February 17, 2013, 06:31:48 AM
PM #1

"Hi
I am a newbie so I can't post in your auction thread...

my bid is [email protected]

thanks"
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
February 17, 2013, 05:29:20 AM
75 @ 0.38
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
February 17, 2013, 05:01:54 AM
Just to clarify that Chaang Noi was banned by theymos for repeated off-topic trollings, and was reinstated. I only knew that he was unbanned after he posted this thread, and my post above was to welcome him back as he was an active on the forums and IRC last year.

As for my part here, I've acted as an escrow holder for some time privately, and I've recently begun to offer my services publicly for tips. I've held funds from others amounting to over a thousand BTC now, and I'm not going anywhere soon.

PS: Scamming does not constitute a ban - only trolling/spamming does. *looks at smoothie  Roll Eyes*
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
February 17, 2013, 04:04:55 AM
I understand you are new here but no. John is more than fine and trusted. Zefir did not question my trustworthiness only that sales should be made with trusted escrow, a point that I highly agree with. If you do not trust John than please do not buy. I highly doubt you would be able to find someone willing that the community trusts more than John.

I should not have let unestablished/unknown members participate in the auction but I guess it is too late to change the rules.

Best of luck.

Zefir clarified, so my apologies, and I meant no offense to John.  My suspicions were aroused based on how I saw the whole thing unfold, and Zefir's comment.  I take what I said back.
donator
Activity: 919
February 17, 2013, 04:03:06 AM
I would hope with the doubts raised about your trustworthiness in the other thread [...]

Dear goat, dear interested bidders,

I am sorry that my comment was understood in an unintended direction. That's what I posted in my auction thread:
Ah, that's Chaang who also posted his offer in IRC. He is going to sell those 2k only as a whole.

Just in case you have not been in the Bitcoin community for at least half a year, it is worth to check his history (which is long and fascinating) before you take that offer. Not going to post allegations here, just saying that whoever does should insist on escrow (that anyhow should become a general rule).

Writing it at the ending time of my auction I did not cross-read it before posting and failed to realize that it can be interpreted in a wrong way. Now it is there and can't be edited any more (auction forum rule). Reality is, I did some business with goat (or Chaang) in the past and he was one of the few that always kept his word.

The reason I put my note was a) the one bidding for my shares was a newbie, and b) that when I tried to contact Chaang not long ago, his account was banned from bitcointalk, so I assumed something went wrong behind the curtains. Now this is not the case anymore, if there were disputes they are obviously gone and I need to say sorry for raising dust  Embarrassed.
donator
Activity: 294
February 17, 2013, 03:05:10 AM
200 @  @ 0.38
vip
February 17, 2013, 02:58:41 AM
We missed you around, goat.

PS: I can act as the escrow if  needed - I've done over 20 transactions as an escrow holder now.

Thanks, It is good to be back Smiley

I will accept your offer of acting as escrow. We could not have asked for better!

I would hope with the doubts raised about your trustworthiness in the other thread you would be open to the option of a buyer picking a trustworthy escrow, no?  Not taking any sides, but I'm always hesitant when one side chooses an escrow immediately, and doubly so when the trustworthiness of the individual is called into question.

I understand you are new here but no. John is more than fine and trusted. Zefir did not question my trustworthiness only that sales should be made with trusted escrow, a point that I highly agree with. If you do not trust John than please do not buy. I highly doubt you would be able to find someone willing that the community trusts more than John.

I should not have let unestablished/unknown members participate in the auction but I guess it is too late to change the rules.

Best of luck.
Activity: 35
February 17, 2013, 02:44:02 AM
We missed you around, goat.

PS: I can act as the escrow if  needed - I've done over 20 transactions as an escrow holder now.

Thanks, It is good to be back Smiley

I will accept your offer of acting as escrow. We could not have asked for better!

I would hope with the doubts raised about your trustworthiness in the other thread you would be open to the option of a buyer picking a trustworthy escrow, no?  Not taking any sides, but I'm always hesitant when one side chooses an escrow immediately, and doubly so when the trustworthiness of the individual is called into question.
Activity: 38
February 17, 2013, 01:25:35 AM
125 @ 0.38
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 17, 2013, 01:08:02 AM
We I missed you around, goat.

Speak for yourself.

lol  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: