Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Fixed-Price Auction: 50 Block Erupter Blades -everyone won, SEE OP- - page 17. (Read 59572 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
I'd like to vote to close the auction now. 1) its not an auction, 2) we need to verify of those first 50 who is actually going to pay, 3) we have plenty lined up for unofficial and unknown preorders, of which plenty more will not pay. We risk turning this into a farce if we're not careful.

Pretty simple to me.  Bid and don't pay, be dealt with like any other auction bidder that doesn't pay.  I believe that earns you a scammer tag if I'm not mistaken.

Either more than 50 units will be available, or not.  You're bidding on your place in a (possible) line, and just like any other auction you have no idea if you won until the auction closes.

Very damned simple - don't bid unless you are prepared to take delivery.  Why is this confusing?

Because there is no way to verify who is following the rules until after everything has closed and things break.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
I'd like to vote to close the auction now. 1) its not an auction, 2) we need to verify of those first 50 who is actually going to pay, 3) we have plenty lined up for unofficial and unknown preorders, of which plenty more will not pay. We risk turning this into a farce if we're not careful.

Pretty simple to me.  Bid and don't pay, be dealt with like any other auction bidder that doesn't pay.  I believe that earns you a scammer tag if I'm not mistaken.

Either more than 50 units will be available, or not.  You're bidding on your place in a (possible) line, and just like any other auction you have no idea if you won until the auction closes.

Very damned simple - don't bid unless you are prepared to take delivery.  Why is this confusing?

People get spoilt. They have the opportunity to bid at a fixed price, and now they also want their unit guaranteed quick.

Some are being allowed to retract their bids, which isn't a given.

They should make their mind or earn a scammer tag. There is plenty of demand.
Activity: 352
Merit: 250
Founder, BTCJAM
Activity: 155
Merit: 100

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

+1 to dogie's comment
Activity: 146
Activity: 28
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Activity: 35
John, I would like to retract my bid (1) for the time being due to lack of confirmation in line with rudrigorc2's retraction.

Many Thanks
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
BTC < > INR & USD
Activity: 155
fwiw I consider my bid binding, until the scheduled auction end time.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Yes, it was never really made clear if these "hopeful" bids are binding or not. If not, the entire thing is a bit meaningless.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
The problem with this now is I'm pretty sure a good chunk of these bids can't be backed up.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Entrepreneur
2, if still relevant to bid anymore
Activity: 177
Activity: 414
Merit: 252
Activity: 11
Activity: 126
Merit: 11