Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Fixed-Price Auction: 50 Block Erupter Blades -everyone won, SEE OP- - page 22. (Read 59606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
i just seen its only 50 ... thats sad ... i was sleeping  Undecided .... i still hope i can get one ...
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
*snip*

I don't have 50BTC ... I don't even have 10BTC Tongue
Though, according to DHL I should have an asicminer USB some time soon - it made it to Hong Kong on Friday.

oooo. i look forward to a review. ...you'll do one right? ...at least tell us how to run the thing? please? *not begging*
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
For if Friedcat opens more slots i'm in for one. (1@50)

Two. (2@50)
Activity: 145
For if Friedcat opens more slots i'm in for one. (1@50)
Activity: 9
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Blades are ready to ship, or are they being made?
Whats the shipping date?
So, basically - can we still buy them after 50 is crossed and shipping date will be the same?
50 has already been crossed.

What are you waiting to place a bid, Kano? How much do you want to tell when BFL will ship?
Nah, the 50 have all already been sold - that's why it's turned into a discussion thread Smiley

We need your bid to keep pressing Friedcat to throws more slots.
I don't have 50BTC ... I don't even have 10BTC Tongue
Though, according to DHL I should have an asicminer USB some time soon - it made it to Hong Kong on Friday.
Activity: 155
3 for me if it gets extended Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1064
Whats the shipping date?
So, basically - can we still buy them after 50 is crossed and shipping date will be the same?

What are you waiting to place a bid, Kano? How much do you want to tell when BFL will ship?
Nah, the 50 have all already been sold - that's why it's turned into a discussion thread Smiley

We need your bid to keep pressing Friedcat to throws more slots.
legendary
Whats the shipping date?

legendary
I've read most of the other two threads, and have a couple questions I didn't see asked in those.

1) For the rackmount shelf - how are these cooled?  Is it possible to put a few big fans in the back and suck airflow through?  I figure this is what you use in your datacenter deployments, and a few high airflow flans are more efficient than a bunch of small ones.  The fin orientation on the heatsinks seems to be non-ideal for this sort of chassis-based cooling setup however.  Basically, can these be cooled like other chassis-based equipment (blade servers, large chassis based switches, etc.) or is the idea to cool each blade individually?

2) The ethernet controller - are these 10/100?  100/1000?  I only ask because some switches won't link at 10mbps and I would like to be prepared with the proper equipment should you decide to increase the number of units available.

Thanks!

See this picture maybe can help you.

first Blade just arrived and in production!

Thanks AsicMiner
Venice - Italy
Well please make it vertically placed if you could. The chips are packaged via QFN, but not all the heat are absorbed by the PCB. The back
side will also become hot.

And if you have no mechanical setting to lift it and have to lay it on the supporting table, please make sure that there are no heat isolation
material under it.
Activity: 155
I've read most of the other two threads, and have a couple questions I didn't see asked in those.

1) For the rackmount shelf - how are these cooled?  Is it possible to put a few big fans in the back and suck airflow through?  I figure this is what you use in your datacenter deployments, and a few high airflow flans are more efficient than a bunch of small ones.  The fin orientation on the heatsinks seems to be non-ideal for this sort of chassis-based cooling setup however.  Basically, can these be cooled like other chassis-based equipment (blade servers, large chassis based switches, etc.) or is the idea to cool each blade individually?

2) The ethernet controller - are these 10/100?  100/1000?  I only ask because some switches won't link at 10mbps and I would like to be prepared with the proper equipment should you decide to increase the number of units available.

Thanks!
Activity: 170
www.easyha.sh
2 For me if i am still in time.
legendary
Whats the shipping date?

legendary
Whats the shipping date?
legendary
Whats the shipping date?

Apparently yes, I misread this post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2107212
Mods please delete both, thanks.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2107344
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2107568

If the same date, Im still in for one unit if all ship together.
Activity: 40
Whats the shipping date?
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
Wow 500GH/s for $250,000
I'd hate to think what would happen if BFL actually did start shipping MiniRigs ... coz that's like $750,000 per "MiniRig" Tongue

Yeah.  But how do you power a minirig lol.  I don't know a whole lot about the thermodynamics of the units, but if a BFL Jalapeno is 50w @ 5 GH/s, then 1500 GH/s = 12,000 watts..  You would need to rewire your house.  Some people bought more than one. 

There is going to be headline news everywhere:  "BFL MiniRig owners getting doors busted in by police due to grow-op-level power consumption" lol.
Hmm - my Jalapeno is 32W (5.4GH/s) ... the few I have seen have all been in the 30s except that one that you are quoting that said it was 50W for some reason - my guess is he couldn't work out how to measure it Tongue

Anyway as I said "if BFL actually did start shipping" - who knows when that will be.

Yeah, I guess results may vary.  Still 9000 watts @ 32w per 5.4GH/s if 280 jalapeno's are in a minirig. 

Didn't mean to help derail the thread though Tongue

Back to the blades!
Pages:
Jump to: