Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 141. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
August 21, 2013, 06:55:31 PM
Price will probably go down to ~2.7

(the fixed price 1000+ shares are sold for 2.7 now)
This is getting tempting to buy back xD
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
August 21, 2013, 06:43:25 PM
Where is the liquidity on TAT.AM? I'm loving the cheap shares, but the order book looks deserted...
Activity: 506
Merit: 500
August 21, 2013, 06:34:45 PM
Or you could do some research. Withdrawals resumed in July.

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20130704.html
They may have resumed, but it takes months to withdraw because the line is so long. MtGox had $3 Million seized by the US government and they are likely dealing with a fractional reserve problem now -- delaying withdrawals artificially prevents a "run on the bank" so to speak.

I thought it encourages a "run on the bank". Hopefully Japanese regulator look em up
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
August 21, 2013, 06:29:14 PM
I don't recall how or why it happened, but you don't seem to be on my ignore list presently. I'm pretty liberal with putting people on ignore in the forums, so much noise to filter, but your posts are coming through just fine for now.
I'm not sure how he's posting now, since he's long been put in my ignore, but when I first noticed him we kept on trolling heavily for days.
If he's stopped, fine.

Speaking as someone who has not put him on ignore I can confirm that he has stopped trolling.  Except for just now as he couched his comments with an "I told you so" about the price dropping.  Although he didn't really tell us so as he has been saying all along that AM would drop to the 2's.  This obviously hasn't happened.

Also remember he was convinced it was overvalued and due for a drop even in early June, when the price was 2.3BTC, and we know what happened next.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
August 21, 2013, 06:25:24 PM
Activity: 364
August 21, 2013, 06:15:47 PM
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
August 21, 2013, 06:12:31 PM

A bit nasty for someone so WRONG. A vaguely worded press release may assuage the uninformed, but it doesn't change the facts on the ground.

You could do with further research yourself. Start by visiting the Service Discussion forum and counting the number of people screaming because they can't get their money.

The nastiness is because people don't like me much around here, don't worry (I was the Original Bear™). If wrong and right mattered they would have listened and debated instead of attacking me.

C'est la vie.

He he, I think this thread has given you a persecution complex. I was referring to tehelsper in my post. Smiley

Yeah, you're right, I've acclimated to a "me vs the world" mentality on here. The vindication via share price is almost making me uncomfortable - "wait, that guy just AGREED?"

Oh please...  You are enjoying your day in the sun.  You should because it won't last forever. Smiley

Speaking as someone who has not put him on ignore I can confirm that he has stopped trolling.  Except for just now as he couched his comments with an "I told you so" about the price dropping.  Although he didn't really tell us so as he has been saying all along that AM would drop to the 2's.  This obviously hasn't happened.

Told you so!  Wink

LOL!  Good call Mabsark.  it took a while to materialize, but good call nonetheless.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
August 21, 2013, 06:10:11 PM

A bit nasty for someone so WRONG. A vaguely worded press release may assuage the uninformed, but it doesn't change the facts on the ground.

You could do with further research yourself. Start by visiting the Service Discussion forum and counting the number of people screaming because they can't get their money.

The nastiness is because people don't like me much around here, don't worry (I was the Original Bear™). If wrong and right mattered they would have listened and debated instead of attacking me.

C'est la vie.

He he, I think this thread has given you a persecution complex. I was referring to tehelsper in my post. Smiley

Yeah, you're right, I've acclimated to a "me vs the world" mentality on here. The vindication via share price is almost making me uncomfortable - "wait, that guy just AGREED?"

Oh please...  You are enjoying your day in the sun.  You should because it won't last forever. Smiley

Told you so!  Wink
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
August 21, 2013, 05:45:52 PM

C'est la vie.

Oh please...  You are enjoying your day in the sun.  You should because it won't last forever. Smiley
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
August 21, 2013, 05:41:58 PM

C'est la vie.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
August 21, 2013, 05:37:50 PM
IAM has had blades for sale for 10 days now. Last week our groupthink was that there was a delay getting coins back to friedcat. What is our response this week? Or do we start to think Vycid may have a point?

well, group buys are still open, so those funds haven't gotten to FC, yet.  I am not sure if AM is actually shipping hardware at the moment, I recall a post on the main thread stating that one reseller had just received hardware yesterday.

Must be one of the ones I just posted repost

Rocxie and coinbase lols
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/rockxie-60803

Group Buys
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270999.120
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272566.40;topicseen
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265985.0;topicseen
Activity: 420
August 21, 2013, 05:35:11 PM

C'est la vie.

Activity: 476
August 21, 2013, 05:23:39 PM
IAM has had blades for sale for 10 days now. Last week our groupthink was that there was a delay getting coins back to friedcat. What is our response this week? Or do we start to think Vycid may have a point?

well, group buys are still open, so those funds haven't gotten to FC, yet.  I am not sure if AM is actually shipping hardware at the moment, I recall a post on the main thread stating that one reseller had just received hardware yesterday.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
August 21, 2013, 05:19:25 PM
An outside possibility could be that dividends were held back for reinvestment into additional next-gen hardware...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 21, 2013, 05:13:26 PM
I would like to thank Vycid for his posts here over the last few weeks and months. I haven't enjoyed reading a lot of them, but they certainly gave me food for thought.

As investors we should always spend some of our research time listening to contrary opinions, and then testing how they stand up against our own theories.

AM has had blades for sale for 10 days now. Last week our groupthink was that there was a delay getting coins back to friedcat. What is our response this week? Or do we start to think Vycid may have a point?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
August 21, 2013, 04:53:13 PM

+1 been waiting for more than 3 weeks now.  Opened a ticket and they keep to their 'two week backlog' story because of supposed manual processing... Any excuse to delay payment
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
August 21, 2013, 04:52:12 PM

C'est la vie.
August 21, 2013, 04:49:54 PM
The real question right now is when the panic selling will end and we can return to normal; far too many people are weak handed sellers.

People are panicky, but we have to admit that this is a very uncertain time in mining game. There are numerous well funded competitors and lots of hashrate coming online seemingly every day. At the very least, someone could rationally conclude that AM's margins have to fall.

There's no question in my mind that AM is still the least risky bet out there, but I find it difficult to predict much of anything in this shifting market, and the lack of solid information makes it that much harder.
August 21, 2013, 04:37:44 PM

Activity: 476
August 21, 2013, 04:34:26 PM
CampBX has seriously low volume.  It's hardly ever worth trading there.

I bought a couple thousand USD of bitcoins from them a month or two ago. Express mailed them a money order. Cheap and easy, without the Coinbase delays. I was impressed.

I've heard of the coinbase delays, but I've never experienced them, though I haven't tried to sell during a major sell-off or buying frenzy.  When I have used them, they've been great, fast and easy, no problems.  I guess I'm just lucky, cause I see a lot of people that don't like them.

I do think they've been a bit better recently, just from the amount of people posting positive things about them.
Jump to: