Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 142. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
August 21, 2013, 04:14:04 PM
The real question right now is when the panic selling will end and we can return to normal; far too many people are weak handed sellers.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
August 21, 2013, 03:55:43 PM
If they had, how could there possibly be $15 of arb with CampBX? I don't use Mtgox so I don't actually know, but I can't imagine this situation coming about any other way.
CampBX has seriously low volume.  It's hardly ever worth trading there.

I bought a couple thousand USD of bitcoins from them a month or two ago. Express mailed them a money order. Cheap and easy, without the Coinbase delays. I was impressed.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
August 21, 2013, 03:55:31 PM
Gox is so high because nobody wants to sell their BTC for USD, because they can't withdraw any USD. Not a great barometer.
Coinbase is at $112 right now, increased considerably this week.

I love Coinbase. 
Activity: 487
Merit: 500
Are You Shpongled?
August 21, 2013, 03:52:00 PM
Or you could do some research. Withdrawals resumed in July.

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20130704.html
They may have resumed, but it takes months to withdraw because the line is so long. MtGox had $3 Million seized by the US government and they are likely dealing with a fractional reserve problem now -- delaying withdrawals artificially prevents a "run on the bank" so to speak.
Activity: 476
August 21, 2013, 03:51:24 PM
If they had, how could there possibly be $15 of arb with CampBX? I don't use Mtgox so I don't actually know, but I can't imagine this situation coming about any other way.
CampBX has seriously low volume.  It's hardly ever worth trading there.
August 21, 2013, 03:50:08 PM
They never resumed?

Yes, they did, but there is a limit to how much they can transfer on a daily basis, so it is like USD withdrawals are suspended.  It's hard, and takes time to get USD out of MtGox.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
August 21, 2013, 03:49:32 PM
in the past I've seen the APR sit as high at 30%, so maybe the asset could drop even more if dividends stay at the current percent.

Three months ago, the APR was over 100%.

I wonder how much of this has to do with the price of BTC in general. 

People cashing out maybe?

Gox $123
Bitstamp $108.62
Campbx $108.87
Btc-E $106.25

Gox is so high because nobody wants to sell their BTC for USD, because they can't withdraw any USD. Not a great barometer.

What happened to Gox's bank transfer?

They suspended USD withdrawals a long time ago.

I hope they add LTC soon so we can arb to other exchanges.

They never resumed?

Or you could do some research. Withdrawals resumed in July.

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20130704.html
August 21, 2013, 03:46:45 PM
in the past I've seen the APR sit as high at 30%, so maybe the asset could drop even more if dividends stay at the current percent.

Gox $123
Bitstamp $108.62
Campbx $108.87
Btc-E $106.25

They never resumed?

Activity: 70
August 21, 2013, 03:44:38 PM

Gox $123
Bitstamp $108.62
Campbx $108.87
Btc-E $106.25

They never resumed?
August 21, 2013, 03:21:00 PM

Gox $123
Bitstamp $108.62
Campbx $108.87
Btc-E $106.25

Activity: 70
August 21, 2013, 03:19:09 PM

Gox $123
Bitstamp $108.62
Campbx $108.87
Btc-E $106.25

August 21, 2013, 03:12:09 PM
Coinbase is at $112 right now, increased considerably this week.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
August 21, 2013, 03:03:51 PM

Gox $123
Bitstamp $108.62
Campbx $108.87
Btc-E $106.25

Activity: 84
August 21, 2013, 02:52:46 PM
I think the margins on hardware are going to be much lower. There was a lot more to throw around when USB Eruptors were 2btc/each (and blades priced equivalently). Margins are going to be crushed.

The biggest threat is that the mining calculators got much, much better so buyers can see what's up.
August 21, 2013, 02:21:35 PM
I think it is rational panic. ASICMINER's dividends have steadily been decreasing, as well as Friedcat's updates. Yes, he's online daily, but he hasn't posted an update since Aug 9th after posting on a weekly basis which in my mind helped the value of ASICMINER.

The Hash Rate percentage relative to the Network has steadily been decreasing. I think the valuation of ASICMINER in relation to it's dividends is sitting at about a 26% APR (no reinvestment) as of today's dividend, and in the past I've seen the APR sit as high at 30%, so maybe the asset could drop even more if dividends stay at the current percent.

I haven't been following hardware sales so I cannot speak to that.

mining revenue has been decreasing with the lower percentage, but hardware sales have typically been making up the difference (and then some).  This week was a bad one, as it's obvious there were very little of both revenue streams, probably because hardware was restocking and there was some sort of problem with the mining operation, as it got down to 6% of the network.

Mining is back up, and hardware is restocking, so next week's dividend should be better.

That being said, we could certainly use some news from FC as far as plans for the next few weeks, details into what is going on with the hash rate, and an explanation as to when new hardware sales will resume.

If FC can answer those questions, then expect a rise in share price.

legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
August 21, 2013, 01:52:15 PM
wow i knew it was going down, but i didnt think it would of happened this fast

anything happen?

Irrational panic, nothing more.

Gox $123
Bitstamp $108.62
Campbx $108.87
Btc-E $106.25

I haven't seen any big buys unless people are excited/preparing for Hosted-Mining (with there new revision)

Activity: 305
August 21, 2013, 01:46:48 PM

anything happen?

I think it is rational panic. ASICMINER's dividends have steadily been decreasing, as well as Friedcat's updates. Yes, he's online daily, but he hasn't posted an update since Aug 9th after posting on a weekly basis which in my mind helped the value of ASICMINER.

The Hash Rate percentage relative to the Network has steadily been decreasing. I think the valuation of ASICMINER in relation to it's dividends is sitting at about a 26% APR (no reinvestment) as of today's dividend, and in the past I've seen the APR sit as high at 30%, so maybe the asset could drop even more if dividends stay at the current percent.

I haven't been following hardware sales so I cannot speak to that.
Activity: 854
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
August 21, 2013, 01:40:52 PM
Does anyone know what happened regarding the 3500 shares that were being sold? Are they being slowly dumped on the PT markets? Will they be in the near future?

If no-one knows, would anyone care to speculate? It is kind of a big deal for the share price.

Here's the link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/auction-3559-asicminer-shares-direct-276891

The auction was cancelled 3 days ago because the shares were sold to a private buyer, who the seller said wasn't a PT operator, and who people seemed to think at the time would be selling them later.

Just re-listed here about an hour ago:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2980374
Activity: 602
August 21, 2013, 01:35:45 PM
I hope those of you rushing to buy new shares are prepared to lose that money. The whales are awake now and are going to be looking for exits.

There are no fundamentals and this is not a growth stock. I don't know how to explain it any better. It's really, really simple and I don't get off on longs getting burned, especially by whales.

this makes no sense - just a bunch of jibberish
Activity: 560
August 21, 2013, 01:22:35 PM

anything happen?

Jump to: