Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 143. (Read 808757 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
August 21, 2013, 01:21:57 PM
wow i knew it was going down, but i didnt think it would of happened this fast

anything happen?

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
August 21, 2013, 01:21:35 PM
I hope those of you rushing to buy new shares are prepared to lose that money. The whales are awake now and are going to be looking for exits.
There are no fundamentals and this is not a growth stock. I don't know how to explain it any better. It's really, really simple and I don't get off on longs getting burned, especially by whales.

I'm under the impression that AM will deliver steady dividends for a long time to come, and it's hard to beat 20-30% pa divs. The fact that the value is kept in a deflationary currency like bitcoin is the cherry on the cake for me.

Whales will have a hard time finding a BTC investment vehicle, _that can handle huge input volume_, that will give them the long term returns that AM can. Even with the cheapest PMB, DMS.MINING, you'll be lucky if you properly make back your principle. Whales have money to throw around, they have an appetite for risk, because that's where the big gains are. I don't see whales selling AM because it is risky, but I'm interested to know what they'll do with their exited funds that'll give them better returns.
Activity: 854
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
August 21, 2013, 12:51:42 PM
Does anyone know what happened regarding the 3500 shares that were being sold? Are they being slowly dumped on the PT markets? Will they be in the near future?

If no-one knows, would anyone care to speculate? It is kind of a big deal for the share price.

Here's the link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/auction-3559-asicminer-shares-direct-276891

The auction was cancelled 3 days ago because the shares were sold to a private buyer, who the seller said wasn't a PT operator, and who people seemed to think at the time would be selling them later.

On commission... which means he was probably arb'ing them against his BTCT holdings... it's a theory.  
it's possible, because we've seen a single trader sell off every night for several nights, now.  They seem to push the price down to around 3.4-3.5 every time.

the interesting part is that it continues to recover, and pushes back towards 3.7 every night.  Some nights, I have seen over 100 shares in buy order fill instantly.  So, there is still demand at those levels, but certainly there is some sell pressure, too.

Yeah, there is a steady trickle of sell orders coming in at one or two shares at a time on btct.  Could very well be those 3500 shares being sold.  Appears that the seller doesn't want to dump them all at once or make a big wall.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
August 21, 2013, 12:41:16 PM
I hope those of you rushing to buy new shares are prepared to lose that money. The whales are awake now and are going to be looking for exits.

There are no fundamentals and this is not a growth stock. I don't know how to explain it any better. It's really, really simple and I don't get off on longs getting burned, especially by whales.
Activity: 476
August 21, 2013, 11:10:03 AM
Does anyone know what happened regarding the 3500 shares that were being sold? Are they being slowly dumped on the PT markets? Will they be in the near future?

If no-one knows, would anyone care to speculate? It is kind of a big deal for the share price.

Here's the link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/auction-3559-asicminer-shares-direct-276891

The auction was cancelled 3 days ago because the shares were sold to a private buyer, who the seller said wasn't a PT operator, and who people seemed to think at the time would be selling them later.

On commission... which means he was probably arb'ing them against his BTCT holdings... it's a theory.  
it's possible, because we've seen a single trader sell off every night for several nights, now.  They seem to push the price down to around 3.4-3.5 every time.

the interesting part is that it continues to recover, and pushes back towards 3.7 every night.  Some nights, I have seen over 100 shares in buy order fill instantly.  So, there is still demand at those levels, but certainly there is some sell pressure, too.
Activity: 151
Merit: 105
August 21, 2013, 11:06:09 AM

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
August 21, 2013, 10:59:40 AM

August 21, 2013, 10:58:21 AM
Yep. TAT too has been silent lately. Didn't he become a board member?
yeah, I think he did.  Maybe big news is coming and everyone is on radio silence until then.
August 21, 2013, 10:54:15 AM
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
August 21, 2013, 10:52:41 AM

is there a way to see longterm-charts at btct.co ??
August 21, 2013, 10:44:52 AM
those poor bastards that sold at 2.6...  Cry

The "pièce de résistance" would be friedcat providing another update, just to twist the knife while it's in  Smiley

yeah, that would be great.  We do need an update from FC, just to let us know what is going on with things, lots of questions right now.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
August 21, 2013, 10:40:18 AM
guys, move those sell orders, people are going to fill them, and then you'll be sorry for selling AM at 2.9!

There should be no sell orders lower than 3.5.

....aaannnd we're back! Hope everyone enjoyed the ride.

indeed, I am up almost 1 btc on each shares...Smiley
Activity: 560
August 21, 2013, 10:39:20 AM

The "pièce de résistance" would be friedcat providing another update, just to twist the knife while it's in  Smiley
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
August 21, 2013, 10:35:31 AM
Damn, I missed out.

This teaches me to always have some reserve coin on hand.  Can't get them into btct fast enough.
August 21, 2013, 10:34:44 AM
guys, move those sell orders, people are going to fill them, and then you'll be sorry for selling AM at 2.9!

Activity: 252
August 21, 2013, 10:34:17 AM
Damn, I missed out.
August 21, 2013, 10:31:56 AM

Activity: 151
Merit: 105
August 21, 2013, 10:30:22 AM
Coinbase!!!!!!  Why you no give me the coins I bought 30 minutes ago...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1064
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
August 21, 2013, 10:29:00 AM
wow I got some at 2.7

You're going to double that investment in about a month.
yeah, I am already up....
August 21, 2013, 10:28:25 AM
wow I got some at 2.7

You're going to double that investment in about a month.
Jump to: