Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 58. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000
December 10, 2013, 05:41:05 PM

Sounds like someone knew fc was about to post, and the subject of the post. Surely not ......  Roll Eyes

It's not like the news post knocked it out of the park. If someone had insider information, they sure as hell would not have bought on this news.

well , there was a 250 shares miniwall that sell just around the time FC posted
Activity: 837
December 10, 2013, 05:39:54 PM
well at least there is support at 0.2  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1311
December 10, 2013, 04:34:56 PM
Woot! Looks like a sell off party! About damn time...
legendary
December 10, 2013, 06:07:34 AM

Sounds like someone knew fc was about to post, and the subject of the post. Surely not ......  Roll Eyes

It's not like the news post knocked it out of the park. If someone had insider information, they sure as hell would not have bought on this news.
legendary
Activity: 882
December 10, 2013, 05:24:40 AM
Hope you don't think this is off topic.

After successfully sold out more than 200 mining hardware with 180GH each, now Bitmain begins chips selling.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmains-bm1380-chip-is-open-for-ordering-10000-chips-for-999btc-36btcth-364236

In short, 10,000 chips (2.8GH/s, 1.32J/GH, 55nm) in a single lot and the price is 99.9 BTC per lot. So the price is 3.6BTC/TH/s.

So a single slot is 28 TH. Now think about how many hash rate they can produce and sell by next May, and then think about how competitive when AM gen-3 chips come out. I really think AM made a huge mistake in their gen-2 chips design and looking for potential collaborators.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 10, 2013, 03:16:04 AM
Given the stagnation lately, that 1001 bid makes an effective floor on Havelock...

I bet it's a fake. Maybe a last ditch effort to spike and dump before the imminent massive sell off.

With yesterdays buys, then this at 500, then 1000...  who knows. We'll see what the landscape is like in a month or two.

Sounds like someone knew fc was about to post, and the subject of the post. Surely not ......  Roll Eyes
December 10, 2013, 03:15:03 AM
But Christmas is the universal worldwide celebration of Capitalism Wink

True enough, but where I live in Thailand, Chinese New Year is the "biggie", so I'm expecting a massive loyalty bonus then ;-)
December 10, 2013, 03:14:11 AM
I think this week we will see an all time low dividend (especially with how the wallet is looking)

The big buys yesterday doesn't make sense to me, unless it is insider info, or hope for a special  "xmas dividend"  Wink

"Xmas dividend" - love the idea - but you do know AsicMiner are Chinese right  Grin

All my Chinese friends growing up always got lots of $$$ for Xmas  Grin

Where did they grow up - America $$$ Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
December 10, 2013, 12:01:54 AM
I think this week we will see an all time low dividend (especially with how the wallet is looking)

The big buys yesterday doesn't make sense to me, unless it is insider info, or hope for a special  "xmas dividend"  Wink

"Xmas dividend" - love the idea - but you do know AsicMiner are Chinese right  Grin

All my Chinese friends growing up always got lots of $$$ for Xmas  Grin
December 09, 2013, 11:34:41 PM

legendary
December 09, 2013, 06:42:48 PM
Given the stagnation lately, that 1001 bid makes an effective floor on Havelock...

I bet it's a fake. Maybe a last ditch effort to spike and dump before the imminent massive sell off.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
December 09, 2013, 06:08:13 PM
Wow.  Hope he knows something that we don't.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
December 09, 2013, 03:31:38 PM

The big buys yesterday doesn't make sense to me, unless it is insider info, or hope for a special  "xmas dividend"  Wink

probably anticipating the cube dividends
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!
December 09, 2013, 12:41:42 PM
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
December 09, 2013, 12:40:17 PM

December 09, 2013, 03:44:41 AM
That's right, it's easy to envisage the SP going a lot lower. Maybe too easy? In any case I'll be keeping some dry powder in store for such an outcome.

It's also right to point out we can't be certain how long the drought will last, or how AM will fare from April. I certainly don't have a crystal ball.

But it's wrong to say that I'm suggesting anyone rush out to buy shares, I'm not sure what your angle is on that.

I'm keeping my powder dry as well. The share price has dropped basically every week since July 4 so I don't think we are in danger of reaching the bottom yet.
Well I won't be keeping all my powder dry. It's possible, ok, not impossible ;-) we may start to get a stream of net positive news, a little here, a little there, and the SP creeping slowly up, rather than someone fire the starting gun sometime in April.

Sure its possible. But this is a game of probability. The share price has dropped consistently for about 20 weeks now. Probability says with no new products until April, and dividends in similar decline, the SP drop will continue for a while longer.

But if it stabilises and starts creeping up because of "good news", I'll be back in like a shot  Smiley
Activity: 525
December 09, 2013, 01:48:59 AM
That's right, it's easy to envisage the SP going a lot lower. Maybe too easy? In any case I'll be keeping some dry powder in store for such an outcome.

It's also right to point out we can't be certain how long the drought will last, or how AM will fare from April. I certainly don't have a crystal ball.

But it's wrong to say that I'm suggesting anyone rush out to buy shares, I'm not sure what your angle is on that.

I'm keeping my powder dry as well. The share price has dropped basically every week since July 4 so I don't think we are in danger of reaching the bottom yet.
Well I won't be keeping all my powder dry. It's possible, ok, not impossible ;-) we may start to get a stream of net positive news, a little here, a little there, and the SP creeping slowly up, rather than someone fire the starting gun sometime in April.
December 09, 2013, 01:28:50 AM
You seem to be following closer than me. Have you seen such a big buy recently?
Me? Yeah I have been watching on and off, I haven't seen any other big trades, but they certainly could have happened.

I've been watching a bit more lately because I'm wondering if the SP has bottomed? Several factors are leading me to this conclusion, one of them being the certainty of a few lean months ahead is mostly already baked in. Not that I would argue with a well-entrenched downtrend and there's far smarter people than me around here who will certainly disagree, but for me maybe it's just time to add a few more to my LT holding?

That's interesting but so many people value the SP as a function of "this week's dividend", its very hard to envisage a 2-3 month lean period not leading to shares going well below what they are today.

Also, we cannot be certain how long this lean period will be, nor indeed how AM will fare with their new hardware relative to the competition in April onwards.

We may have bottomed, but who is going to rush to buy shares now when dividends are looking slender for the near future? There's little value in buying shares now. People will just wait and pounce in Feb / March if they think AM has got Gen3 right.

Activity: 525
December 09, 2013, 01:13:25 AM
Me? Yeah I have been watching on and off, I haven't seen any other big trades, but they certainly could have happened.

I've been watching a bit more lately because I'm wondering if the SP has bottomed? Several factors are leading me to this conclusion, one of them being the certainty of a few lean months ahead is mostly already baked in. Not that I would argue with a well-entrenched downtrend and there's far smarter people than me around here who will certainly disagree, but for me maybe it's just time to add a few more to my LT holding?

That's interesting but so many people value the SP as a function of "this week's dividend", its very hard to envisage a 2-3 month lean period not leading to shares going well below what they are today.

Also, we cannot be certain how long this lean period will be, nor indeed how AM will fare with their new hardware relative to the competition in April onwards.

We may have bottomed, but who is going to rush to buy shares now when dividends are looking slender for the near future? There's little value in buying shares now. People will just wait and pounce in Feb / March if they think AM has got Gen3 right.

December 09, 2013, 12:35:40 AM

Pages:
Jump to: