Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 54. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 24, 2013, 05:48:21 AM

All that have plan to invest when the price will hit bottom got screwed by long term investors. Price from now on will go up since there are a few days months until AM will start mining 3th gen chips. Hooray for cheap shares.

ftfy

I was 50/50 at the time, but now pretty happy that I picked up a few more at auction in the mid .2's

Mid .2's is excellent. I don't think many people have got shares that low since after IPO.

I'm still on the fence though. A couple of weeks of terrible dividends and / or delays with Gen3 will see us below 0.2 for sure.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259
December 24, 2013, 04:09:06 AM

All that have plan to invest when the price will hit bottom got screwed by long term investors. Price from now on will go up since there are a few days months until AM will start mining 3th gen chips. Hooray for cheap shares.

ftfy

I was 50/50 at the time, but now pretty happy that I picked up a few more at auction in the mid .2's
December 24, 2013, 03:13:56 AM
what's with this sneaky upturn in price at havelock? has the bottom been reached already?

Doc did a weird thing and went up to 9% for a bit but doubt that's why

Not sure if it's the reason for last week's uptick, but I'm told that AM100 was recommended by some stock guy, Michael Robinson.

He must have a decent following, as I was getting inquiries daily about AM100 last week.

Thanks for letting us know. See we are back under 0.30 now so the up-tick maybe short-lived.

All that have plan to invest when the price will hit bottom got screwed by long term investors. Price from now on will go up since there are a few days until AM will start mining 3th gen chips. Hooray for cheap shares.

Too the moon,  no more daytraders here, all moved to the altcoin market, only holders Smiley

I agree with one thing. Less day-traders, more holders now. For sure. Its a function of time.

"A few days until AM will start mining Gen3" .... err, no, that is factually incorrect, how I wish it wasn't .........
Activity: 837
Merit: 1000
December 24, 2013, 02:46:07 AM
what's with this sneaky upturn in price at havelock? has the bottom been reached already?

Not sure if it's the reason for last week's uptick, but I'm told that AM100 was recommended by some stock guy, Michael Robinson.

He must have a decent following, as I was getting inquiries daily about AM100 last week.

Thanks for letting us know. See we are back under 0.30 now so the up-tick maybe short-lived.

All that have plan to invest when the price will hit bottom got screwed by long term investors. Price from now on will go up since there are a few days until AM will start mining 3th gen chips. Hooray for cheap shares.

Too the moon,  no more daytraders here, all moved to the altcoin market, only holders Smiley
December 23, 2013, 11:45:39 PM

December 23, 2013, 11:43:26 PM
I think the APR right now is totally irrelevant.

Irrelevant why? Dividend yield is crucial to determine its value.

That's the "two schools" right there. "Immediate dividends" vs "long-term investment".
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
December 23, 2013, 07:24:24 PM

Very interesting. Thanks for that, I know you didn't have to.
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047
December 23, 2013, 07:20:58 PM

Irrelevant why? Dividend yield is crucial to determine its value.
legendary
Activity: 1008
December 23, 2013, 06:11:00 PM

Steady buying pressure on AM1 all last week. Could be an anomaly, or bottom forced by new investors. 10-20% APR may look fantastic to new bitcoiners, even with news of a few month slowdown if there is an expected rise following.  Tick Tock. We'll see  Grin

legendary
December 23, 2013, 04:46:39 PM

Steady buying pressure on AM1 all last week. Could be an anomaly, or bottom forced by new investors. 10-20% APR may look fantastic to new bitcoiners, even with news of a few month slowdown if there is an expected rise following.  Tick Tock. We'll see  Grin
December 23, 2013, 12:03:03 PM

Activity: 837
December 23, 2013, 10:58:37 AM
Highest price (0.31) since Dec 11th - I know its only 12 days but can't think of any reason off-hand why it should be climbing unless the bottom has been reached.

The big test is if divs really go down in next few weeks. If that doesn't cause a dip, I think we can safely say we are just left with long-term investors / finger-crossers Smiley

From now on price will rise, bottom was hit
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
December 23, 2013, 10:29:05 AM
we are just left with long-term investors / finger-crossers Smiley

...and hodlers.  But if it drops back at the 0.1 IPO price I'd probably buy some moar.

What's a "hodler"??
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
December 23, 2013, 08:10:13 AM
we are just left with long-term investors / finger-crossers Smiley

...and hodlers.  But if it drops back at the 0.1 IPO price I'd probably buy some moar.
December 23, 2013, 01:03:33 AM
Highest price (0.31) since Dec 11th - I know its only 12 days but can't think of any reason off-hand why it should be climbing unless the bottom has been reached.

The big test is if divs really go down in next few weeks. If that doesn't cause a dip, I think we can safely say we are just left with long-term investors / finger-crossers Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
December 23, 2013, 12:55:02 AM

December 23, 2013, 12:30:55 AM
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
December 21, 2013, 05:35:00 AM
IMO, there is big difference that AM achieved 10% of network when the total network hash is rate is 10P and 1000P . when the total network is 10P , even AM achieved 25% of network, it still means unstable and high risk, so the Yield rate is so high.  But the total network hashrate is 1000P , even AM achieved 5% of network,  it means far more stable than before which means lower risk, so then people maybe will accept lower yield rate , such as 15% ,10%.  right ? I am not sure...

Yes, could be ... but what can we call "stable" in Bitcoinland Wink

Also higher hashrate = higher expenses = lower margin

also higher hashrate means higher BTC prices in the long term.... so it's the "higher expense VS higher BTC price" issue...
legendary
December 21, 2013, 04:45:59 AM
IMO, there is big difference that AM achieved 10% of network when the total network hash is rate is 10P and 1000P . when the total network is 10P , even AM achieved 25% of network, it still means unstable and high risk, so the Yield rate is so high.  But the total network hashrate is 1000P , even AM achieved 5% of network,  it means far more stable than before which means lower risk, so then people maybe will accept lower yield rate , such as 15% ,10%.  right ? I am not sure...

Yes, could be ... but what can we call "stable" in Bitcoinland Wink

Also higher hashrate = higher expenses = lower margin

BTC value tends to increase haphazardly with hash rate. I'm not sure this would become a major issue.
Pages:
Jump to: