Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 60. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 07, 2013, 04:00:06 AM
ASICMINER price still dwindling while Quarkcoin is about to more than double in bitcoin value in about a week.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 06, 2013, 12:40:54 AM
I like today's divs, they demonstrate stability. I hope FC manages to keep them relatively constant until the new generation goes online and will be put in new products in march (I guess).

They are only stable because we are still getting cube income. Since that income has nearly all gone and no other products announced, dividends could shrink nastily over the new year period.

I'd wait for an announcement from fc to clarify if more cubes are being produced or any other products being launched before gen3 to keep divs up but the waiting is more torture than its worth.

There were 9000 cubes, which are currently sold for 1BTC a piece. Let's say reseller has 5% profit margin, this leaves 0.95 for asicminer. Hardware sales in last two dividends were around 716 BTC, which equals 750 cubes. There is still A LOT to be sold.

I'm not saying cubes cost a lot to produce but you have to factor in some production cost .........
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
December 05, 2013, 10:11:29 PM
Altcoins have still been dominating on cryptsy.com, while ya'll are still sitting over here speculating over and over and over about this stagnant stock.

I pulled all my money out and put it into altcoins, instead of getting immersed in page after page after page of nothingness over here.

I'll be checking friedcats posts once a day to see when I should buy back into ASICMINER.  Wasted way too much time reading through these threads and watching my bitcoins dwindle in the securities section.

When 99% of altcoins fail. I wouldn't say it is the best investment.

That may have been the case in the past, but not anymore.  A ton of new money is rushing into altcoins, making them much more valuable. 

The higher value of the coins gives the community an incentive to work hard on them and not let them fail anymore. 

When a coin like Quarkcoin becomes extremely valuable, the developers now have a ton of money to pay for further development of the coin.  Ongoing development and promotion of the coin will prevent it from failing, as seen with bitcoin and litecoin.

What actually happens is people who bought these useless coins early on advertise the shit out of them until the price is pumped up reasonably and then sell off. Classic pump and dump. The name of the coin might change but the strategy doesn't. Unless an altcoin provides a reasonable advantage over bitcoin, they will never become more profitable. And as of now there is no altcoin that does so.
December 05, 2013, 09:55:03 PM
Altcoins have still been dominating on cryptsy.com, while ya'll are still sitting over here speculating over and over and over about this stagnant stock.

I pulled all my money out and put it into altcoins, instead of getting immersed in page after page after page of nothingness over here.

I'll be checking friedcats posts once a day to see when I should buy back into ASICMINER.  Wasted way too much time reading through these threads and watching my bitcoins dwindle in the securities section.

That may have been the case in the past, but not anymore.  A ton of new money is rushing into altcoins, making them much more valuable. 

The higher value of the coins gives the community an incentive to work hard on them and not let them fail anymore. 

When a coin like Quarkcoin becomes extremely valuable, the developers now have a ton of money to pay for further development of the coin.  Ongoing development and promotion of the coin will prevent it from failing, as seen with bitcoin and litecoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
December 05, 2013, 09:46:52 PM

December 05, 2013, 09:29:45 PM

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
December 05, 2013, 05:55:47 PM
people keep talking about divs, and I understand they have the most immediate effect on price. But what do you think about
(1) KnC and the sheer volume of miners they have delivered (Jupiters) and the upcoming 3TH+ Neptunes that are bound to hit Q1.
-> Are we poised to see a sudden huge network diff spike? How has ASICminer's position on the evolution of the network difficulty changed the past few months?
(2) With the latest news (briefly) striking fear in China regarding bitcoin(official: http://www.pbc.gov.cn/publish/goutongjiaoliu/524/2013/20131205153156832222251/20131205153156832222251_.html - human translated: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1s5hzl/my_human_translation_of_the_china_regulation/) , does that affect current Bitcoin mining company prospects? Are we still decentralizing operations? I am worried of increased regulations in China...

1) This situation has never not been in the case.  I.E difficulty has been sky-rocketing most of Bitcoin's history. No one knows the situation much better than Friedcat.

2) Many folks see the announcement as a positive.  It depends on how it is interpreted.

I rode Asicminer shares from around 4. btc to .5 btc over a few months...but now the shares are looking attractive to me again at .3 because I think the right new gen chips Asicminer could do really well again. [Catching up on my AM readings...]
donator
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
December 05, 2013, 05:54:24 PM
FINcen, a law enforcement agency of the US government, recently took actions which stopped casascius from selling physical bitcoin coins, which to me are an elegant way to transmit a secure paper wallet in coin form.
Likely a temporary issue though (quoting Mike / Casascius frontpage)
Nov 27, 2013: For the time being, I have suspended accepting new orders, pending resolution of some concerns I have as to regulatory issues. I am anticipating a possibility of having to prequalify buyers, and am holding off taking orders until I know for sure.
There seems to be a tightening of regulations for sure as seen by having to declare coins when traveling now: https://twitter.com/bitpay/status/401931204163022848
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
December 05, 2013, 05:36:02 PM
As an aside read that Litecoin mining is being developed so on that topic if AM does make a new venture for that part of the business it might be  interesting
http://www.coindesk.com/asic-miners-litecoin-soon

For AM cash conversions well bitcoin can be taken out in another country forget those banks Wink
Activity: 476
December 05, 2013, 05:20:29 PM
My only concern, is can China's published stance have any effect on Asicminer's ability to exchange the company's BTC <> fiat? It surely would be a bad situation if all of a sudden we were unable to pay our suppliers or contractors. Otherwise I can't see any implications for AM from what I read.

Is AM exchanging their BTC at a bank?  If not, then it doesn't affect them.

It may, however, create a demand for mining equipment in China.  Convert fiat to btc via mining.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
December 05, 2013, 04:59:13 PM
AM pegs their costs and prices in BTC. pays in BTC whenever possible. i think we're gonna be ok. also makes me appreciate how mysterious/hard to reach FC is.
Activity: 462
December 05, 2013, 03:09:23 PM
My only concern, is can China's published stance have any effect on Asicminer's ability to exchange the company's BTC <> fiat? It surely would be a bad situation if all of a sudden we were unable to pay our suppliers or contractors. Otherwise I can't see any implications for AM from what I read.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259
December 05, 2013, 02:28:07 PM
(2) With the latest news (briefly) striking fear in China regarding bitcoin(official: http://www.pbc.gov.cn/publish/goutongjiaoliu/524/2013/20131205153156832222251/20131205153156832222251_.html - human translated: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1s5hzl/my_human_translation_of_the_china_regulation/) , does that affect current Bitcoin mining company prospects? Are we still decentralizing operations? I am worried of increased regulations in China...

Looks like the first steps to banning BTC in China outright.
How do you figure that?
The govt said at this time bitcoin is too risky for banks to trade in. At this time, that is something that has never been done yet anywhere, so whatever. Also confirmed the exchange is good to go. No bad news.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
December 05, 2013, 02:28:01 PM

lol, they said it was legal for personal use, they just dont want bank accounts denominated in btc. this is normal stuff.

that kills all exchanges in china, doesn't it?  they probably didn't like the last btc theft case.

could this happen in the US? and if so won't that kill all exchanges?
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
December 05, 2013, 02:21:39 PM

donator
Activity: 290
December 05, 2013, 02:11:04 PM
people keep talking about divs, and I understand they have the most immediate effect on price. But what do you think about
(1) KnC and the sheer volume of miners they have delivered (Jupiters) and the upcoming 3TH+ Neptunes that are bound to hit Q1.
-> Are we poised to see a sudden huge network diff spike? How has ASICminer's position on the evolution of the network difficulty changed the past few months?
December 05, 2013, 01:26:50 PM
He said that 3k cubes are ORDERED, as you know, AM only uses money once the miner is delivered, not paid for.
yeah, that was 2+ weeks ago.  How long does it take to deliver them?
Activity: 406
December 05, 2013, 11:19:24 AM
There were 9000 cubes, which are currently sold for 1BTC a piece. Let's say reseller has 5% profit margin, this leaves 0.95 for asicminer. Hardware sales in last two dividends were around 716 BTC, which equals 750 cubes. There is still A LOT to be sold.

FC said that they've already sold 3K cubes, and we haven't seen that money, yet, either. 

He said that 3k cubes are ORDERED, as you know, AM only uses money once the miner is delivered, not paid for.
December 05, 2013, 10:46:47 AM

FC said that they've already sold 3K cubes, and we haven't seen that money, yet, either. 
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
December 05, 2013, 09:24:51 AM
I like today's divs, they demonstrate stability. I hope FC manages to keep them relatively constant until the new generation goes online and will be put in new products in march (I guess).

They are only stable because we are still getting cube income. Since that income has nearly all gone and no other products announced, dividends could shrink nastily over the new year period.

I'd wait for an announcement from fc to clarify if more cubes are being produced or any other products being launched before gen3 to keep divs up but the waiting is more torture than its worth.

I also believe he may be 'stretching' the sales or at least sales revenues over that dry patch until gen 3 goes online and new products are being shipped
Pages:
Jump to: