Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 63. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
December 01, 2013, 01:38:26 AM
Ah, the ostrich investing method. I like it.
Never heard this term used. Care to explain?

If you stick your head in the sand there's no danger.

Nah I just don't consider preorders to be anything but a dick in the mouth of consumers..
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
December 01, 2013, 01:05:56 AM

If you stick your head in the sand there's no danger.
December 01, 2013, 12:47:05 AM
December 01, 2013, 12:38:39 AM
Pulled the rest of my money out and throwing it on QuarkCoins.

I'll buy back into ASICMINER once it dips low for it's stability.  You know you're deep into Bitcoin when you consider ASICMINER to be a low-risk, stable investment.

AM is the lowest risk investment in the bitcoin world at the moment. The quarkcoin bubble is going to pop once the pump and dumpers decide the price is right.

If they haven't stolen peoples' money yet they're better than BFL.

Getting into the "no better than BFL" club requires effort.

Not sure how BFL stole peoples money. They had pre-orders for a product that didn't exist which is exactly what we see with hashfast/cointerra. We all thought BFL was going to deliver because of their bold promises. So far hashfast/cointerra are on the same exact path as BFL. Hopefully they don't end up with the same result. It is entirely possible they deliver on time, while meeting advertised hardware performance, but it is also entirely possible they fail just as bad as BFL or worse.

BFL did not offer refunds on preorders after over a year of failing to deliver.

Not exactly the same as stealing but bullshit nonetheless. Still no proof hashfast/cointerra wont do the same.

December 01, 2013, 12:33:17 AM

I'll buy back into ASICMINER once it dips low for it's stability.  You know you're deep into Bitcoin when you consider ASICMINER to be a low-risk, stable investment.

AM is the lowest risk investment in the bitcoin world at the moment. The quarkcoin bubble is going to pop once the pump and dumpers decide the price is right.

Not sure how BFL stole peoples money. They had pre-orders for a product that didn't exist which is exactly what we see with hashfast/cointerra. We all thought BFL was going to deliver because of their bold promises. So far hashfast/cointerra are on the same exact path as BFL. Hopefully they don't end up with the same result. It is entirely possible they deliver on time, while meeting advertised hardware performance, but it is also entirely possible they fail just as bad as BFL or worse.

Not exactly the same as stealing but bullshit nonetheless. Still no proof hashfast/cointerra wont do the same.
December 01, 2013, 12:30:22 AM

December 01, 2013, 12:20:45 AM

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 01, 2013, 12:09:02 AM

I'll buy back into ASICMINER once it dips low for it's stability.  You know you're deep into Bitcoin when you consider ASICMINER to be a low-risk, stable investment.
December 01, 2013, 12:04:03 AM
The attitude about competition is just as complacent as it was before players like HashFast and Cointerra showed up. Since then we've gone up another order of magnitude in price and it's expected the quality of the competition is going to go up another order of magnitude.
HashFast and Cointerra is quality competition?

Compared to Avalon and BFL? Yes.

Is this a serious question?
Have either Hashfast or Cointerra produced a working asic? Until then we can assume they are no different than BFL.

November 30, 2013, 11:27:36 PM
Let's not forget BitFury and KnC.
I would consider them the only real competition as of now.
November 30, 2013, 11:13:49 PM
The attitude about competition is just as complacent as it was before players like HashFast and Cointerra showed up. Since then we've gone up another order of magnitude in price and it's expected the quality of the competition is going to go up another order of magnitude.

Have either Hashfast or Cointerra produced a working asic? Until then we can assume they are no different than BFL.
November 30, 2013, 10:26:34 PM

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
November 30, 2013, 10:23:05 PM
November 30, 2013, 10:17:57 PM
Everyone who is sitting over here in the securities section with their thumbs up their butt, hoping ASICMINER triples in price sometime in February:

Alt-coins are where all the action is at right now.  You can easy multiply your bitcoins by 10x, 20x, 30x, over there in a week.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

I pulled 10btc out of ASICMINER and invested it in these coins and I'm up over 100btc in THREE DAYS.  Thanks largely in part to Quarkcoin, Megacoin, Zetacoin.

Alt-coin trading websites like cryptsy.com are crashing due to the 5000 new users per day flooding them.  China is going nuts over these altcoins.

Quit sitting over here in the Securities section with your thumbs up your butts!

AM is definitely a long term play, that is about all long-term holders of the stock can fall back on while the alt-coin market goes through wave after wave of 500%+ euphoria. If you are patient and in this for the future then ASIC MINER is a great place to be and will have it's day in the Sun soon enough. If you have the stomach to sell AM for BTC  at these prices you can relatively easily triple up your Bitcoin and then re-enter old positions at better prices so long as you understand the other cryptocurrencies well.

Some of us do not have the experience or stomach for this kind of investing. To each their own.

Long term play - so you're expecting that the big electronics companies are going to continue to ignore the Bitcoin mining sector, even as we zoom beyond $10B market cap?

What happens to ASICMiner when Samsung, Foxconn, Hewlett Packard and IBM announce their new line of cutting-edge bitcoin miners?

The important question for ASICMiner is, I believe, "Will there be another window of opportunity for ASICMiner's 3rd generation to pay off before we head to the AAA leagues?"
November 30, 2013, 05:57:49 PM
I totally agree with you guys.  I'm definitely gonna sell at least 50% of these altcoins off and enter back into asiciminer sometime in january.  Hopefully ASICMINER will dip into the .2s by then due to dwindling dividends.

In the meantime, I think this upward trend in altcoins still has a lot of momentum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Activity: 617
Merit: 559
November 30, 2013, 05:40:40 PM
Everyone who is sitting over here in the securities section with their thumbs up their butt, hoping ASICMINER triples in price sometime in February:

Alt-coins are where all the action is at right now.  You can easy multiply your bitcoins by 10x, 20x, 30x, over there in a week.

I pulled 10btc out of ASICMINER and invested it in these coins and I'm up over 100btc in THREE DAYS.  Thanks largely in part to Quarkcoin, Megacoin, Zetacoin.

Alt-coin trading websites like cryptsy.com are crashing due to the 5000 new users per day flooding them.  China is going nuts over these altcoins.

Quit sitting over here in the Securities section with your thumbs up your butts!

AM is definitely a long term play, that is about all long-term holders of the stock can fall back on while the alt-coin market goes through wave after wave of 500%+ euphoria. If you are patient and in this for the future then ASIC MINER is a great place to be and will have it's day in the Sun soon enough. If you have the stomach to sell AM for BTC  at these prices you can relatively easily triple up your Bitcoin and then re-enter old positions at better prices so long as you understand the other cryptocurrencies well.

Some of us do not have the experience or stomach for this kind of investing. To each their own.
November 30, 2013, 05:36:24 PM

Alt-coins are where all the action is at right now.  You can easy multiply your bitcoins by 10x, 20x, 30x, over there in a week.

I pulled 10btc out of ASICMINER and invested it in these coins and I'm up over 100btc in THREE DAYS.  Thanks largely in part to Quarkcoin, Megacoin, Zetacoin.

Alt-coin trading websites like cryptsy.com are crashing due to the 5000 new users per day flooding them.  China is going nuts over these altcoins.

Would not suggest anyone invest in altcoins as we are seeing a huge bubble as a result of pump and dump.
November 30, 2013, 05:25:05 PM

Alt-coins are where all the action is at right now.  You can easy multiply your bitcoins by 10x, 20x, 30x, over there in a week.

I pulled 10btc out of ASICMINER and invested it in these coins and I'm up over 100btc in THREE DAYS.  Thanks largely in part to Quarkcoin, Megacoin, Zetacoin.

Alt-coin trading websites like cryptsy.com are crashing due to the 5000 new users per day flooding them.  China is going nuts over these altcoins.

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
November 28, 2013, 10:33:40 PM
Not everyone has free electricity and infinite power supply.

For personal miner with 180GH hashing rate and electricity cost of 0.1$/Kwh, reduce 7.5w/Gh to 2w/Gh means saving $2.376 per day and $71.28 per month.

For serious mining company having a data center with 300Kw power supply, they can deploy 150TH with 2w/Gh miners, but only 40TH with 7.5w/Gh miners.

Now, if the $/GH is similar, isn't it obvious which product you will buy?

After reading reviews of BitMain miners, they all agree the hardware is professionally built and the building quality is even better than AM and Bitfury. That means they are not built in some small fabs, and most likely they are build in one of the mainstream fabs. Therefore, I have no reason to doubt they will begin mass selling (I mean hundreds or even thousands of TH) in one or two months.

We all wish AM to succeed, but we cannot blindly wish all the other competitor will fail and all the customers will just stick to AM without reasons.
November 28, 2013, 09:59:43 PM
finally it may come to cost of devices and with made in China miners will be hard to compete.

I think the success of BitMain chips is a serious threat to AM. Once they come to the mass production stage, I don't think AM can sell their cube any more without the new generation chips.

Sorry I'm not checking this thread as often as I should, what is "BitMain" Huh

Another Chinese chips and mining hardware provider, which just finished 2 rounds of successful auctions. They provide 180G miner built with their own 55nm chips and the on wall power is around 2w/Ghs, much less than 7.5w/Ghs of AM gen-1 chips. Considering the Gen-3 chips of AM will not be ready before March 2014, I am afraid the market share of AM could shrink a lot during this period. Really wish friedcat and the board could share some their thoughts on this.

Bitmain chips as of now don't provide much competition imo. With asics that are not even more cost efficient than current asicminer gen1 tech I don't see why anyone would want bitmain asics. Maybe if they improve electric efficiency and can successfully employ mass production they might be a threat.

As of now I think knc provides the biggest threat to AM with 20nm chips on the way and there is a good chance they deliver unlike many other competitors.
Pages:
Jump to: