Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMiner Tube Group Buy #2 - page 2. (Read 37858 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
September 16, 2014, 10:42:05 AM
Has anyone had this happen:

Put unit together, powered up with power supplies that had been running another tube for about two weeks, about 10 minutes and POP!

Now the first tube is back in that spot hashing nicely.  The one with this bad chip is elsewhere hashing on three boards. Tongue

Does anyone have any experience with the RMA process?

If you bought from Canary PM him and send him the board. I just got a bad board back he sent in for me and was a pretty quick turn around about a week  1/2 or so.
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
September 16, 2014, 10:28:31 AM
Has anyone had this happen:

Put unit together, powered up with power supplies that had been running another tube for about two weeks, about 10 minutes and POP!

Now the first tube is back in that spot hashing nicely.  The one with this bad chip is elsewhere hashing on three boards. Tongue

Does anyone have any experience with the RMA process?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
September 15, 2014, 09:18:27 PM

I looked at this pool too.  But at 60 Th/s the likely hood of hitting another block is pretty slim.  I mean hitting the one on 9/11 was miracle really.

On average it should take 25 days to find a block with current difficulty.  I wouldn't call it slim but at the same time, I don't like variability all that much so I prefer to pick a larger pool and go with the 1 coin per day.  In the long run, it should all work out the same but mmpool gives the block transaction fees as a reward to the finder.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
September 15, 2014, 07:28:07 PM
He probably meant ghash went down so he joined mmpool as an alternative.

Yes and your suggestion to join mmpool  has made my life really interesting.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8760138

I found a problem with zencloud-gawminers due to using and testing mmpool with westhash purchased hashing along with using the asicminer tubes.
I do not know whether to like you or be mad at you. Well the flaw I tested for in mmpool does not exist but there was a huge flaw in part of zencloud-gawminers product line.  They had to end/transfer all of the nicehash section of their business.

That was an interesting post- got me to try pointing my tubes to mmpool (where they've been miraculously stable compared to the other pools I'd tried them on) and that zencloud bug made for quite interesting reading as well.

yeah and they hit a block about 4 days ago.  So I have done 100% roi on these (between the block payout and the finders fee from zew-gaw) 

I looked at this pool too.  But at 60 Th/s the likely hood of hitting another block is pretty slim.  I mean hitting the one on 9/11 was miracle really.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
September 15, 2014, 07:24:07 PM

I found a problem with zencloud-gawminers due to using and testing mmpool with westhash purchased hashing along with using the asicminer tubes.
I do not know whether to like you or be mad at you. Well the flaw I tested for in mmpool does not exist but there was a huge flaw in part of zencloud-gawminers product line.  They had to end/transfer all of the nicehash section of their business.

That was an interesting post- got me to try pointing my tubes to mmpool (where they've been miraculously stable compared to the other pools I'd tried them on) and that zencloud bug made for quite interesting reading as well.

yeah and they hit a block about 4 days ago.  So I have done 100% roi on these (between the block payout and the finders fee from zew-gaw) 
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
September 15, 2014, 06:35:41 PM

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
September 12, 2014, 02:23:44 PM
Closed.  The last Tubes went to UK.

Congratz! Smiley
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
September 12, 2014, 01:21:11 PM
Closed.  The last Tubes went to UK.
legendary
September 11, 2014, 09:05:58 AM

Activity: 419
Merit: 250
September 10, 2014, 09:01:46 PM
I have a handful units remaining.  Selling at .8 btc each
Sorry but does the .8 include the rpi?
Includes the Ethernet controller.
Sry to bother you as my tag suggests I am a newbie I remember seeing that you need an rpi to run these can those be purchased from you as well or do I need to buy from FC thru phasebird I currently run a few S3's and am only familiar with cgminer and ssh-ing thru putty with there interface. Shocked
They come with an Ethernet controller that runs it.  You can run an instance of miner anywhere you want if you wish to point your tube at it. PC/Pi, whatever...

To expand on that, they will run without a raspberry pi, but you'll have some limitations:

1) it won't work with some pools

2) there is no failover in case your pool goes down

For more info, see my thread or dogie's thread elsewhere in this forum.

Also, you don't necessarily need a raspberry pi... Just something that can run bfgminer. An old router may even do the trick if it can run openwrt. Personally, I breathed new life into my old eeepc 701 to take up the job.
donator
September 10, 2014, 06:38:24 PM
I have a handful units remaining.  Selling at .8 btc each
Sry to bother you as my tag suggests I am a newbie I remember seeing that you need an rpi to run these can those be purchased from you as well or do I need to buy from FC thru phasebird I currently run a few S3's and am only familiar with cgminer and ssh-ing thru putty with there interface. Shocked
They come with an Ethernet controller that runs it.  You can run an instance of miner anywhere you want if you wish to point your tube at it. PC/Pi, whatever...
Activity: 268
September 10, 2014, 06:07:12 PM
donator
September 10, 2014, 06:00:52 PM
Activity: 268
September 10, 2014, 05:58:17 PM
donator
September 09, 2014, 03:24:50 PM
legendary
September 07, 2014, 12:23:15 PM
Canary -

Just wanted to again thank you for the most professional experience with hardware. Despite, ASICMiner initial delay you advocated for your customers.

Compensation has been received: https://blockchain.info/tx/8720103ad1adb76d56a92c1b2ac3fe6ad75bca634601fffc05c98942469c761e

Infinity trust.

TJ

That reminds me to send a trust out to canary for this deal.
Trust has been posted thanks.
Activity: 839
Merit: 608
September 07, 2014, 12:07:41 PM
Canary -

Just wanted to again thank you for the most professional experience with hardware. Despite, ASICMiner initial delay you advocated for your customers.

Compensation has been received: https://blockchain.info/tx/8720103ad1adb76d56a92c1b2ac3fe6ad75bca634601fffc05c98942469c761e

Infinity trust.

TJ
legendary
September 06, 2014, 09:21:51 AM
Well remember it is a holiday weekend Canary may not be around until tues.

I added a second fan .  it is giving me very good numbers at freq 260

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/540/mGfOs1.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/540/oig5d1.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/538/QpYoVZ.jpg

Did you get a chance to measure the actual at-the-wall wattage at a particular ambient room temperature yet?

Does each of the four blades require two PCIe power inputs?  The pictures seem to indicate that they are but I am not sure.

The air temp in is 25.4 °C and out is 43.2 °C, you will need the air flow of the fan to make it meaningful. there is some warm air feedback but i guess my ambient temp is around 25°C

I'm running the EVGA 1300 G2 PSU: just 1 PCIe power input per card, if you overclock with some secondary cooling you may need a second power input, it could be for a redundant backup.
I get 1120 +-10 Watts at the wall running 5 cards at 207Gh/s (1.25 tubes)
I get 1350 +-10 Watts at the wall running 6 cards at 207Gh/s (1.5 tubes)

the PSU AC input is 110V 15A so can overclock to the point where you pull 1650 Watts at the wall. (below 1400 Watts recommended per plug with standard wiring)

with the EVGA 1300 G2 you have to create a connection between these two before it powers on - It took me 6 hours to realize how to power on my system Angry
http://i.imgur.com/mtOERY7.jpg( do this at your own risk.)

Thank you for sharing your data.

It seems that the Tube draws at least 1W/GH/s at the wall compared to the S3 at 0.8W/GH/s (with a mere 80 Plus Bronze PSU) at 27C ambient.

Based on the pictures that have been posted in here, there's obviously a significant amount of cable clutter with the Tubes.  I dunno.  I feel that ASICMiner reverted to the exposed PCBs/components design instead of continuing on with an enclosed unit like they did with the Cubes; and I think Bitmain followed their lead and improved on the enclosed design by adding heatsinks on the other side of the blades and including two powerfull intake/exhaust fans with the S3, making it a truly safer, compact and modular standalone miner with less cable clutter.

I'm still mulling to get a Tube to play around with but due to the aforementioned points and the "pool" issues that I've been reading, I just can't allow myself to pull the trigger at the moment.  To be fair, I can't allow myself to purchase more S3s either with the current pricing.  So, I'm hodling.

It was a tough call for me to buy these.  I won't roi unless btc goes higher the 600 usd. And diff stays at 10%.
The lower price per gh helps give these a chance to turn a profit. I will also get some 'free heat' . The 2 units just use under 1800 watts.  That is about 6100 btus of heat.  That is worth about 60 dollars off my heating bill. They will cost me 200 a month in power. So my net cost to run them is 200 - 60= 140 make it 150 a month. These should earn more then 150 a month until :

Dec 2014 at 15%
JAN 2015 at 10%
March 2015 at 7%

If you use a plat psu and over clock to freq 280 you get really close to 1 watt per gh. these may be my last in house miners.
I am hoping for someone to come up with a decent pencil mod to drop these under 1 watt. as much as I want to mine the economics of it are making it a no go in NJ with my power cost at 15 cents a kwatt. If you have 9 cent power these are a little better then the s-3's since they are cheaper.
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001
September 05, 2014, 08:58:43 PM
Well remember it is a holiday weekend Canary may not be around until tues.

I added a second fan .  it is giving me very good numbers at freq 260

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/540/mGfOs1.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/540/oig5d1.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/538/QpYoVZ.jpg

Did you get a chance to measure the actual at-the-wall wattage at a particular ambient room temperature yet?

Does each of the four blades require two PCIe power inputs?  The pictures seem to indicate that they are but I am not sure.

The air temp in is 25.4 °C and out is 43.2 °C, you will need the air flow of the fan to make it meaningful. there is some warm air feedback but i guess my ambient temp is around 25°C

I'm running the EVGA 1300 G2 PSU: just 1 PCIe power input per card, if you overclock with some secondary cooling you may need a second power input, it could be for a redundant backup.
I get 1120 +-10 Watts at the wall running 5 cards at 207Gh/s (1.25 tubes)
I get 1350 +-10 Watts at the wall running 6 cards at 207Gh/s (1.5 tubes)

the PSU AC input is 110V 15A so can overclock to the point where you pull 1650 Watts at the wall. (below 1400 Watts recommended per plug with standard wiring)

with the EVGA 1300 G2 you have to create a connection between these two before it powers on - It took me 6 hours to realize how to power on my system Angry
http://i.imgur.com/mtOERY7.jpg( do this at your own risk.)

Thank you for sharing your data.

It seems that the Tube draws at least 1W/GH/s at the wall compared to the S3 at 0.8W/GH/s (with a mere 80 Plus Bronze PSU) at 27C ambient.

Based on the pictures that have been posted in here, there's obviously a significant amount of cable clutter with the Tubes.  I dunno.  I feel that ASICMiner reverted to the exposed PCBs/components design instead of continuing on with an enclosed unit like they did with the Cubes; and I think Bitmain followed their lead and improved on the enclosed design by adding heatsinks on the other side of the blades and including two powerfull intake/exhaust fans with the S3, making it a truly safer, compact and modular standalone miner with less cable clutter.

I'm still mulling to get a Tube to play around with but due to the aforementioned points and the "pool" issues that I've been reading, I just can't allow myself to pull the trigger at the moment.  To be fair, I can't allow myself to purchase more S3s either with the current pricing.  So, I'm hodling.

legendary
September 05, 2014, 08:45:51 PM
Canary is the man. He not only found me a hosting site since SidehacK had to fill up, but he got my gear shipped out today.

nice.  canary and I have done a lot of good deals.
even this deal is coming around and may be okay.
He is a hard working man.  He must have sold 25,000  usb sticks no problem last summer.
Pages:
Jump to: