Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMiner Tube Group Buy #2 - page 6. (Read 37858 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
August 29, 2014, 09:21:40 PM
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
August 29, 2014, 09:16:32 PM
okay I have it assembled.

I am using a 5 volt dlink 1mp wallwart   so it works fine.  the controller has flex on volts.   5 to 12? at 1 amp seems to be good.

I am using an evga 1300 psu 4 pcie cables attached
dip switches:

set 1
then 2
then 3
then 4

I typed in
192.168.0.254:8000/FlashMega and I am at this spot. flashings seems slow so far 10 minutes.

Any time estimates for flashing?

FYI - on OS X, I always use firefox or chrome to flash. Safari sometimes just will not do it correctly. I flash lots of stuff from routers, port servers, print servers, voip etc.
If the interface does not look right or behave as expected I fire up parallels to do it from WinXP, Win7 or Linux. Some equipment will just not take being spoon fed except
from windows and never over wireless.
yeah sometimes I have to use chrome or firefox or vmware/windows7

I got it going pretty good.
funky wind sound from the fan.
all in all having it mine today and good numbers on ghash I can't complain.

As usual and no reflection on Canary fried cat alway prices just a bit too high.
I paid about 520 usd and around 36 to ship with extra for insurance total of 556.

I guess you could say it should have been at my house on monday not thur.  so a 3 day delay cost each of us . 05 btc.  that falls on friedcat again.
Still the next best thing to this is a 22+ day wait for an s-3 .

So for all of us may the hash be with us. lets see how much we can earn in 22 days.
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
August 29, 2014, 07:41:28 PM
Canary, have you been able to determine how to RMA a bad board we purchased in your GB? I haven't been able to get a answer from anyone yet?Huh

I'm also looking for this info.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
August 29, 2014, 07:39:53 PM
Canary, have you been able to determine how to RMA a bad board we purchased in your GB? I haven't been able to get a answer from anyone yet?Huh
Activity: 240
August 29, 2014, 07:28:05 PM
okay I have it assembled.

I am using a 5 volt dlink 1mp wallwart   so it works fine.  the controller has flex on volts.   5 to 12? at 1 amp seems to be good.

I am using an evga 1300 psu 4 pcie cables attached
dip switches:

set 1
then 2
then 3
then 4

I typed in
192.168.0.254:8000/FlashMega and I am at this spot. flashings seems slow so far 10 minutes.

Any time estimates for flashing?

FYI - on OS X, I always use firefox or chrome to flash. Safari sometimes just will not do it correctly. I flash lots of stuff from routers, port servers, print servers, voip etc.
If the interface does not look right or behave as expected I fire up parallels to do it from WinXP, Win7 or Linux. Some equipment will just not take being spoon fed except
from windows and never over wireless.
legendary
August 29, 2014, 07:24:32 PM
Got my 2 tubes running on 1 controller, no problems, no hiccups, no issues at all.
Getting a steady and stable 1.6T since last night on poolside on Slush. Sorry, my kill-o-watt died so I can't verify draw at the wall.
I'm using bfgminer 4.7 as a proxy, but I hear Slush got it working w/o a proxy so I'll have to try that.

Otherwise, I LOVE this product. The engineering on the kit is far superior to the usual BTC world crap. The tube concept with one fan and interlocking heatsinks is great and very efficient for cooling. And I really like being able to run 8 tubes from one controller. The other good choice was using a thermal pad instead of paste, mainly due to the apparent lack of workers skilled in thermal paste application techniques.

So kudos to friedcat, and kudos to canary for running this GB and superbly handling the daunting task of packaging all these units, and so quickly!

Now if only AM could improve efficiency a hair, they could give Bitmain some tough competition.

yeah this would be great gear if it used 650 watts.

my evga 1300  reads 886 watts  and I am doing 830gh.

design is nice.  is this worth 1.04 btc plus shipping compared to 1.16 and free shipping for a pair of s-3's.
  yes because I am hashing today and will earn about .3 btc from now until an s-3 ships.
  I don't normally mine with ghash  but when other pools fix the issue I will move there.
August 29, 2014, 07:18:25 PM
Got my 2 tubes running on 1 controller, no problems, no hiccups, no issues at all.
Getting a steady and stable 1.6T since last night on poolside on Slush. Sorry, my kill-o-watt died so I can't verify draw at the wall.
I'm using bfgminer 4.7 as a proxy, but I hear Slush got it working w/o a proxy so I'll have to try that.

Otherwise, I LOVE this product. The engineering on the kit is far superior to the usual BTC world crap. The tube concept with one fan and interlocking heatsinks is great and very efficient for cooling. And I really like being able to run 8 tubes from one controller. The other good choice was using a thermal pad instead of paste, mainly due to the apparent lack of workers skilled in thermal paste application techniques.

So kudos to friedcat, and kudos to canary for running this GB and superbly handling the daunting task of packaging all these units, and so quickly!

Now if only AM could improve efficiency a hair, they could give Bitmain some tough competition.

did you daisy chain all 8 together?
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 29, 2014, 07:14:29 PM

August 29, 2014, 07:11:06 PM
Activity: 240
August 29, 2014, 07:08:52 PM
August 29, 2014, 07:08:42 PM
about a dozen Tubes are available.  beginning to run low.  can ship out in the next 2.5 hrs today.

Does this include shipping replacement for posts that showed up broken? Please let us know how you intend to replace boards that showed up non functional, or if it's even you I should be contacting about this.

(sent you PM about this but maybe you didn't see it)
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
August 29, 2014, 06:55:17 PM
Hi everyone.

I am having an issue with this purchase and I am hoping someone here can help me. I came across the ad for this buy and decided I wanted to purchase one of the tubes. I did not have the required BTC in my wallet so I sold some GH/s from CEX.io and sent it to the address listed in the ad. I posted my tx ID on this forum and purchased and emailed the shipping labels for the tube. I received an email back from Canary saying everything was fine and all I needed to do was sign the message and send it to him. I had no idea what Canary was talking about and was informed that I could do it from my wallet. When I told Canary that it did not come from my wallet but from CEX.io I was told the ONLY option was to sign the message or the BTC would be returned to the sending address. I immediately emailed CEX support and explained the situation to them and I was told that the receiving address at CEX was static but the sending address was not and if the payment was returned I would lose it.

I then notified Canary about this and was told it wasn't true and that the ONLY option was to sign the message or he would return the BTC to the sending address. I once again emailed CEX support and my ticket was elevated to the supervisor and they responded with the same information and an offer to contact Canary and confirm the transaction came from my account. This was rejected by Canary. Canary posted a message to the admin of the GASH.io forum stating the problem and after some confusion the admin at GHASH told Canary the same thing CEX had. The admin also offered to confirm the transaction came from my wallet but once again Canary rejected this.

Canary states that I can not prove the funds came from my account. I have asked Canary if anyone else has claimed this transaction ID and to this point he have refused to answer the question. I also asked why the confirmation from CEX was not adequate and again no response from Canary. Canary also will not answer any questions about this transaction. Canary will only state that the ONLY option is to sign the message, which is not possible or return the BTC to the sending address which means I will lose it.

I sent the BTC to the listed address in good faith and have offered to show that the funds came from my account on CEX. I am at a loss at what to do now. If anyone has any ideas I would very much appreciate hearing them.

Thank you,

Stephen Scott
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
August 29, 2014, 05:28:46 PM
about a dozen Tubes are available.  beginning to run low.  can ship out in the next 2.5 hrs today.
legendary
August 29, 2014, 05:07:38 PM
Take the port out of the url

got it thanks

and pulled the port out and I have nothing
August 29, 2014, 05:06:31 PM
Take the port out of the url
legendary
August 29, 2014, 04:57:40 PM
Yeah hit the back button and refresh the page manually. Flashing takes maybe 10 seconds.

what version does it show after the flash I am showing 1.41 still.

Mine are 1.41 after initial flash.

I went to test settings found version 1.41

no hashing so I must have this wrong .  some help please.  Once i get this I am going to do a write with screen shots to setup a machine to the hated pool i am pointed to.
I would like to do a full write with settings for newbies.

August 29, 2014, 04:54:22 PM
Yeah hit the back button and refresh the page manually. Flashing takes maybe 10 seconds.

Thanks, and so everyone know they do work on Slush Pool without Proxy.
August 29, 2014, 04:28:51 PM

legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
August 29, 2014, 04:27:02 PM
My boards say V 1.41. I think the initial version was 1.37.

Changing the IP address before flashing does not matter. I did the same thing. 

Where are you guys seeing the version numbers?

I figured it out.  You have to have the exactly same case in "FlashMega"
legendary
August 29, 2014, 04:25:14 PM
seems to be on track

Pages:
Jump to: